The Student Room Group

Hardest Subjects

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Jennifer87

Any maths/science/english A2 student who says that the arts are easy...well answers this:

I hope I have made my point.

english was an art last time i checked...being a scientist/historian
Yeh I jst meant the supposedly more 'respected' subjects in general
Reply 62
Chemistry and Maths.
IainM
Certainly Further Maths and Chemistry are the hardest, followed by maths, physics then biology. Bottom would be Business studies/Media Studies.

Only my opinion though!!1

You haven't studied Media, have you?
Reply 64
ssmoose
I think Chemistry is the hardest A Level subject

Agreed, its ridiculous lol.
I think maths is the hardest
Reply 66
yelwalkietalkie
You haven't studied Media, have you?

No only to GCSE. I made my judgement based on what I have been told from people who do study it. Agreed though I maybe should have clarified myself a bit more!! Sorry.
Reply 67
Maths and history are solid
Reply 68
These threads are pretty pointless...

Loads of people have said chemistry is really hard, but I find it easy. If I tried to do English (which some people have said is easy) I'd probably end up with a D or something.
Everyone says they find languages hard, yet I don't have that much difficulty doing it (currently doing French and German, out of the two German is definitely harder!)... to be honest I think English Lit is hard, alot more thought and effort has to be put in with writing essays and analysis. Then again, it may just be a case of motivation :p:
Geography should be easiest, but that the moment it's the subject I get the lowest grades in! It's just learning facts and case studies, you can get away with not actually knowing anything.
Needless to say, general studies hardly pushes my brain!
I guess how much you enjoy a subject can reflect how hard you find it. Geography is not challenging me and I find it boring, but I know it's not hard as it's one of the most popular subjects. Yet only 7 of us take German but because I enjoy it, it makes it seem less hard. If I make any sense at all.
In terms if how easy it is to get an A definitely German. I find Chemistru easy compared to it and don't forget the grade boundaries are ridiculously high because of native speakers taking the exam. 90% to get an A* in chem A2, 90% to only just get an A in German
Original post by ES123456
In terms if how easy it is to get an A definitely German. I find Chemistru easy compared to it and don't forget the grade boundaries are ridiculously high because of native speakers taking the exam. 90% to get an A* in chem A2, 90% to only just get an A in German

Good job on reviving a 9 year old thread...
Original post by ALevelBro
Good job on reviving a 9 year old thread...

I didn't even realise :eek: oops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending