The Student Room Group

Do masters students take place in any of the freshers activities?

If they are staying in halls?
Of course! Being a masters student doesn't make you not a fresher unless you've done your undergrad at the same uni.
Ok, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question.

My situation is that I am doing a postgrad in education. It's in a uni I haven't been to before (university of Birmingham), which makes me a fresher, according to the previous post.

Brilliant!

But.

What if I am actually living in halls not really meant for my university? (Hamstead campus) How do I meet people from the uni for Birmingham in order to go out with them/ make friends?! and how am I supposed to make friends with the people in my halls if they all go to their student nights which I cannot go to?

-leaves a little space for panicking-

You know, you'd think 3 years of higher education would leave me with enough confidence to sort this out fine. Apparently not. Halp plz? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LindaParsons
Ok, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question.

My situation is that I am doing a postgrad in education. It's in a uni I haven't been to before (university of Birmingham), which makes me a fresher, according to the previous post.

Brilliant!

But.

What if I am actually living in halls not really meant for my university? (Hamstead campus) How do I meet people from the uni for Birmingham in order to go out with them/ make friends?! and how am I supposed to make friends with the people in my halls if they all go to their student nights which I cannot go to?

-leaves a little space for panicking-

You know, you'd think 3 years of higher education would leave me with enough confidence to sort this out fine. Apparently not. Halp plz? :smile:

Heya! I think I have the answser for you question right here!
There is a group on facebook for students at the University of Birmingham living off-campus/city. You can join that group/society and you will get in touch with others students from the university =)

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/focsoc2011.2012/?ref=ts

FOCSOC stands for Freshers Off Campus Society. By the way I am going to Birmingham as well ;-)
Original post by wdreamer
By the way I am going to Birmingham as well ;-)

That's great! What are you studying? And thankyou for the link. I have joined and discovered they have a purple hoodie. The most kingly of colours :biggrin:

I hope to meet you in real life sometime in the next couple of weeks!
Reply 5
Original post by LindaParsons
That's great! What are you studying? And thankyou for the link. I have joined and discovered they have a purple hoodie. The most kingly of colours :biggrin:

I hope to meet you in real life sometime in the next couple of weeks!

You are welcome ;-) probably we will :smile:
Reply 6
PhD students do. You know people don't just age forty years in the couple of months separating undergraduate from Masters (for most people) :rolleyes:
unless you've got a drastically earlier start to your academic year why the heck not ?
:eek:

I do! I start this Monday... in that week separating starting and the freshers week, I suppose it is possible to age drastically because of the work... :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending