The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by x_anniie_x
I'm guessing that's due to late fee pay :/

the guy on the phone said its the same price for the June series :s-smilie:
Reply 61
Original post by umar299
The place is in Wandsworth, which is an half an hour drive for me, from Hayes, whereas Corelli is 45 mins away.

You say that it's £20 cheaper, but £45 of my quoted price is an registration charge. I assume you are taking some exams in June? Hence June exams will be cheaper, that is if they don't change their prices hopefully. If you would like more details about the place, PM me.

Umar

I don't understand how you got them so cheap. I've been in contact with the college you named in a PM and they say £50 admin + £5 per exam for invigilation costs + £25 per GCE unit.

For me to do 4 units it would cost £100 + £50 + £20 = £170. So more expensive than Corelli
Original post by umar299
The place is in Wandsworth, which is an half an hour drive for me, from Hayes, whereas Corelli is 45 mins away.

You say that it's £20 cheaper, but £45 of my quoted price is an registration charge. I assume you are taking some exams in June? Hence June exams will be cheaper, that is if they don't change their prices hopefully. If you would like more details about the place, PM me.

Umar

Can you pm me the college?
Reply 63
Original post by Jamiesonn

Me tooo:smile:
Hey guys, I'm taking my exams at Corelli College...I paid £120 for 6 units. The college is a little far for me, but it's the cheapest that I could find. Has anyone taken exams there before? :smile:
Original post by Tabby10
Just kind of hoping everyone could throw some names/websites out for me please.
I want to take aqa sociology and aqa business studies units. if any of you know of an exam centre that does not have extortionate rates I'd be eternally grateful...:colondollar:

Best place I found is Cherry Hill Tuition in West London (Hounslow). I sat exams privately since year 7 and so did my brother. Tried different places before my brothers friend told me about Cherry Hill but these guys were the best. They were really helpful and the place was really nice. They were also the cheapest I think. there number is 020 8577 0088. I do my applications on their website www.cherryhilltuition.com.
Reply 66
I really want to do aqa business for AS level....does anyone know any cheap private centers that offer aqa business examination privately in East London. :confused:
Original post by umar299
Hey,
I tried Corelli college but the examination guy is too busy I phoned him on Monday this week and he said he would likely get back to me next week.

However, after more searching I found a centre that will allow me to do the exams for cheap e.g. 5 units cost me £145. To be honest I couldn't find an cheaper place.

Get in touch with me and would be happy to help, as I understand how stressing it is.

Umar

could you let me know the name of the centre please it will be very much appreciated.
Original post by umar299

Umar

Could you possibly tell me where in wandsworth?
Reply 69
Original post by Jamiesonn

Can you pm me the college to please thank you
Emanuel college @ clapham charge exam board rates + registration fee
Reply 71
Ebrahim college in Whitechapel charge £100 registration/admin and then exam board fee for each paper which is usually around £12.50

I did 4 resits this Jan which cost me £150 in total.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Naami
Ebrahim college in Whitechapel charge £100 registration/admin and then exam board fee for each paper which is usually around £12.50

I did 4 resits this Jan which cost me £150 in total.

Do they do AQA Psychology and or WJEC English lang+lit?
Reply 73
Original post by dclarke35
Do they do AQA Psychology and or WJEC English lang+lit?

They pretty much do all papers and exam boards, bar coursework and ISAs. You might have to double check with them on WJEC but it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 74
Have you guys tried St Martha's?
Reply 75
Has anyone tried http://londonexamcentre.co.uk in hendon?
Seems to start at £90 for a GCSE.
Reply 76
I'm going to raise this thread from the dead.

I'm looking for somewhere to sit the Edexcel GCSE Japanese exams, but I have absolutely no idea how or where to start looking. They don't make it simple do they?

I've checked a couple of the college sites posted in this thread. I sent an inquiry to Corelli College, and i've just checked out that link in the post above. Why is a regular GCSE £90, but a foreign language £250? :eek:

I'd be willing to travel to London I suppose, but I am a couple of hours away. Does anybody know if a list of all the centres that accept private candidates exists? I also don't really understand how the application process works, do I have to ask the centre if they're willing to put the exam on just for me if it's not one that they usually offer their students?
let me help you guys since no one has posted something up in a while cherryhill tuition is cheaper than most of thos3 up here since they charge £49 for any written paper and london academy actually believe or not charges £32 per exam at the current time possibly may change but i doubt more than £35
Is 90 pounds per igcse a lot?

Anyone ever found anywhere else cheaper?

Thanks
Reply 79
Original post by Data
I don't know what you would regard as cheap, but Campbell Harris is expensive, don't know about the others. My local centre (not near London) charges £25 a unit but I suspect you'd be lucky to get away with £40.

You could try looking at the list AQA produces of centre who have said they are prepared to consider private candidates:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-PRIVCAND-CENTRES.PDF
and try ringing round and asking.

hello, what was the name of your exam centre

Latest