The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DO3773
Purchas court 17E :smile::biggrin::smile:, finally found a roomate, im in 17B :smile:

Yay! Finally found some room mates!! :smile::smile: I'm in Purchas court 17F :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Has anyone managed to log in to the Student Portal yet? For some reason my log in details are not being accepted. They work on the Student Data System though
Reply 1982
Who is in Lypeatt Court? I am in 12/D Lypeatt Court..:smile:
Reply 1983
Original post by PinkCss
Who is in Lypeatt Court? I am in 12/D Lypeatt Court..:smile:

I'm in 20/C Lypeatt court. :smile:
Reply 1984
Finally someone from Lypeatt court!! Great C and D not far I guess..Hope to bump into you soon..:smile:
Reply 1985
Original post by PinkCss
Finally someone from Lypeatt court!! Great C and D not far I guess..Hope to bump into you soon..:smile:

It is based on the number. i.e. 12 D and 12 A is in the same house:smile:

but 12 and 20 are still not to far, I think...:tongue:
Reply 1986
Original post by languagelover7
Yay! Finally found some room mates!! :smile::smile: I'm in Purchas court 17F :smile:

Hiya!!! E and F are so close!!!probably next door~what's yr major? I am doing Archi. When will u move in the house?:biggrin:

Althea
Reply 1987
Original post by kxg1037
It is based on the number. i.e. 12 D and 12 A is in the same house:smile:

but 12 and 20 are still not to far, I think...:tongue:

Thanks mate for the info!! Searched on fb but found none from my house!! Now thats quite depressing!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1988
Original post by PinkCss

Hopefully we will! :biggrin:
Original post by Terminator7t
Has anyone managed to log in to the Student Portal yet? For some reason my log in details are not being accepted. They work on the Student Data System though

I wouldn't worry too much about it, they're always doing 'IT work' to the student portal. You probably should be able to access it at the beginning of next week (that's when timetables are going up on the system - at least for us 3rd years). :dontknow:
Reply 1990
I have two questions: How exactly is the academic excellence scholarship paid to us and when? + How are people going about paying their accommodation fees, instalment plan etc? :smile:
Original post by kxg1037
Hiya!!! E and F are so close!!!probably next door~what's yr major? I am doing Archi. When will u move in the house?:biggrin:

Althea

Hey :biggrin: yeah, I think we must be next door! :smile: I'm doing Spanish and French and I'm moving in on the 15th, when are you moving in? :smile: :smile:

Beth
I don't drink and i'm not really into clubs so I was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any alternative events going on during freshers week or if I'll just have to go along with everyone else to the clubs and stuff.

Reply 1993
Original post by languagelover7
Hey :biggrin: yeah, I think we must be next door! :smile: I'm doing Spanish and French and I'm moving in on the 15th, when are you moving in? :smile: :smile:

Beth

Potential classmate ^^
I'm doing French and German
Original post by BusinessStudent
I don't drink and i'm not really into clubs so I was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any alternative events going on during freshers week or if I'll just have to go along with everyone else to the clubs and stuff.

There probably will be - either way, I don't think not drinking or not being into clubs will affect your experience of freshers. I'm not a big drinker (and I've never actually been to a club...), and I still really enjoyed freshers last year and had plenty of things to do. The organisers know that not everyone will be into this kind of thing, so there will undoubtedly be alternative things (plus union policy means that there'll definitely be at least one non-drinking event), and plenty of others will feel the same as you do. :smile: Basically what I'm trying to say is not to worry about it! :smile: They should release the events list very very soon.
Original post by River Shadow
There probably will be - either way, I don't think not drinking or not being into clubs will affect your experience of freshers. I'm not a big drinker (and I've never actually been to a club...), and I still really enjoyed freshers last year and had plenty of things to do. The organisers know that not everyone will be into this kind of thing, so there will undoubtedly be alternative things (plus union policy means that there'll definitely be at least one non-drinking event), and plenty of others will feel the same as you do. :smile: Basically what I'm trying to say is not to worry about it! :smile: They should release the events list very very soon.

Thanks, I've just been slightly nervous about not fitting in because I don't drink since that's all people seem to be talking a about in regards to freshers week. How did you not end up going to a club? Apparently all the events end up finishing off the night in the venue.

Thanks, I've just been slightly nervous about not fitting in because I don't drink since that's all people seem to be talking a about in regards to freshers week. How did you not end up going to a club? Apparently all the events end up finishing off the night in the venue.

I'm not really sure to be honest... I just hung out with friends or whatever really, often we'd just go to a bar or whatever. You don't have to participate in all of the freshers' events. Also, not all of the events finished at the Venue - I *think* it was closed some nights.
Original post by River Shadow
I'm not really sure to be honest... I just hung out with friends or whatever really, often we'd just go to a bar or whatever. You don't have to participate in all of the freshers' events. Also, not all of the events finished at the Venue - I *think* it was closed some nights.

Thanks, really looking forward to Moving in now.

Thanks, really looking forward to Moving in now.

Awesome. :biggrin: I'm moving back to Canterbury on Saturday!
Original post by DO3773
Purchas court 17E :smile::biggrin::smile:, finally found a roomate, im in 17B :smile:

Hey! I'm in 17F :smile: Can't believe I have finally found some room mates! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending