The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by El_Sid
Glasgow, Essex and Bangor. I got offers from the latter two and rejected from the former because I'm retaking. Kent will definitely be my firm if they give me an offer, although it's not very likely.

Some universities are so strict! Sussex was unsuccessful for me but I haven't contacted them yet to find out why. What makes you think Kents unlikely to make you an offer?
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
i have applied for foundation maths it looks like a good uni :L i just wanna get outta north hahahaaaa
Reply 1062
Original post by Brown Eyed Gatsby

Some universities are so strict! Sussex was unsuccessful for me but I haven't contacted them yet to find out why. What makes you think Kents unlikely to make you an offer?
Aye, slightly frustrating. Regarding Sussex, I think Kent is pretty much on the same level for Psychology. And primarily because I have a fairly weak all-around application. :tongue:
is anyone applying for maths foundation ??
Original post by Onique
Haven't seen one, so thought I'd set it going (:

Who's applying to Kent for entry in September 2012?

Tell us what you're applying for and anything else you want to add.
I'll try to keep updating this so you can chat with others applying to your course! - some people may be on here who haven't posted (I found youuu :biggrin:)

OFFER RECIEVED UNCONDITIONAL FIRM INSURANCE

Accounting and Finance - Mandela_nelz, Iheartliam, D.Simmons=Yum!, KitKat1212Nana_A
Actuarial Science - CloClo7, a5a09, JordanPartington
American Studies (History) - Larsson, Glennp17
Anthropology - Lanatic, Hlewis93, LRodel
Architecture - Onique, coral.theory, OK Computer, Veee, Anightrem, Pretzl.logic, npaul4
Astrophysics - Plutonium
Biochemistry - FristyKino, Cyclic.strawberry, Liam 09
Biology - Pipistrelle(Foundation Year) , Ohlavelle
Biological Antrhopology - Cupcake_Queen
Biomedical Science - Anmol.k, Grooveshoeshine, LifeIsGood, Hetamax, Merdagraxa, Vday, JJMick Banusha94, Hayleya27
Business Administration - Jugheadjones, Oli_042, MadMike457, Alikingo
Business Management - Bpm2012
Buisness Economics - will young
Buisness Studies - Geosmi, Setsuna-F-Seiei, Dominique123
Classical and Archaeological Studies - Mariejulian, Ndx
Comparative Literature and English Literature - StefanieLouise
Comparative Literature and Philosophy - Wisey9
Computer Science - Ifstatement, Nimisky, Prisonbreak94, Just Josh, lizzxo, Maccabees, Mike101, Lupe^^, OwnedTom
Conflict, Peace and Security - LauraMial
Criminology and Sociology - Ks1992, Rosi
Drama and Theatre Studies - IndieTams, Hatterska (international applicant)
Digital Arts - mons7re
Economics - Rkmufc, Cat_cat, J_pep, Navellecim, SecretDuck, Owen1994, asid12345678, Jammie_, mjg94, nefp, Patra, Alittlehelp, Apex87
Economics and Polotics - Chrissietina92
Electronic and Communications Engineering - KazMan, Thelastpharaoh
English and American studies - RubyRuby94
English and American Literature - Obsidian, Comebackbrad, LittleMissCurious, Lemlem
English and American Literature and Creative Writing - Majornongeek, charlottew17, Scarlett-Yvonne, Krystlezara, Thefancyskirt, GarethEvans
English and American Literature and English Language and Linguistics - Nadindi
English and American Literature and French - Zu!
English and American Literature and History - Captain Hindsight, Agoetcherian, Beckiee
English and American Literature and Spanish - Ravenous Puddle
English Language and Linguistics - Winterbells, Laylafay, JayKayEnn
European studies with French and Italian - FR1994
Film Studies - CharlotteLOL!
Film Studies with Classical and Archaeological Studies - MissSparrow07
Fine Art - S'mores
German - Willz1208
History - Nibz93, Ollyjg, ShosannaDreyfus, Planar, FuzzySheep, Ochy, under_the_radar
History and Italian - vettycroissant
History and Politics - Reviloc, Snewlan, MrGoGetIt
History and Social Anthropology - Yuzaeul
History of Art - Heleneivy
International Business - Maria.ar22, Imey
Journalism (Medway) - Robert Osborne, Fruitcake_OX
Law - AYO, Hope 26, Ray_charlene, ******** , CharlotteM, nooneyouknow, paniking_and_not_revising, Dies.Irae, Driftingaway
Law and Sociology - Claricebailey
Law with Year abroad - Jamestwob
Mathematics - 03daws69, Croag, Einstein123
Mathematics and Computer Science - ldvico
Mathematics and Statistics - GloriaPenguin
Multimedia Technology and Design - Muskrat
Pharmacy (Medway) - Akbar2k7
Philosophy and French - Danielle_Brown
Physics - AndyLowson, LastHype, TimKisFreitas, Foghorn Leghorn
Physics with Astrophysics - Plutonium
Physcology - Uzzy?(2nd year), El_Sid, xcatherinex, Saharawho, Brown Eyed Gatsby, myheartisinthehome, Charlotte Halls, Meaganloudon
Politics - Politicsftw
Politics and International Relations with a year aboard - HyperInSugar
Social Anthropology - Monicaa, LRodel
Sociology - Sparkle01

Good Luck to Everyone!

Got Question? - Theses people are doing these courses at Kent now, feel free to contact/Quote!
Accounting and Finance - jaydemikaela (Tyler Court C)
Biochemistry - sicarius1992
Comparative Literature Beffnee (Tyler Court B/C)
English and American Literature - Besh_x (Tyler Court), Aleandcynicism(Joint Honours)
English and French Law LLB - Viola146 (Park Wood Flats)
History - Jesobel
Law - Lorna126, DiZZeeKiD
Philosophy - Aleandcynicism
Physics with Astrophysics - Skipp (mentors)
Psychology - aliluvschoc (School rep/Third year)

Want to know about Kent from someone on the inside? *Click* Really Good Post :biggrin:

Please can you update my offer to firm? It's for History and Italian.
Original post by El_Sid
Aye, slightly frustrating. Regarding Sussex, I think Kent is pretty much on the same level for Psychology. And primarily because I have a fairly weak all-around application. :tongue:

Yeah they aren't miles apart for Psychology I guess but Sussex was me being optimistic haha. You might get an offer from Kent fingers crossed! Your application can't be that bad to have got two offers :tongue: What course have you applied for?
Reply 1066

Yeah they aren't miles apart for Psychology I guess but Sussex was me being optimistic haha. You might get an offer from Kent fingers crossed! Your application can't be that bad to have got two offers :tongue: What course have you applied for?
Same here regarding Glasgow, but for £9,000 a year it's reasonable to take some risks. :tongue: Well, I sure hope so. I applied to Kent twice (long story) for Psychology and also Psychology with ClinPsych.
Original post by El_Sid
Same here regarding Glasgow, but for £9,000 a year it's reasonable to take some risks. :tongue: Well, I sure hope so. I applied to Kent twice (long story) for Psychology and also Psychology with ClinPsych.

Aha yeah I agree I think if you didn't take some risks on your ucas I know I'd have regret it. At £9,000 these unis best have gold plated loo seats. You've got double the chance if you've applied twice :tongue: What uni are you planning for your insurance if you get Kent?
Reply 1068
Original post by vettycroissant
Please can you update my offer to firm? It's for History and Italian.

xD post attack.. it's HUGE you should have deleted some c:
Will do now c: You excited? did you go to the open day?
Reply 1069

Aha yeah I agree I think if you didn't take some risks on your ucas I know I'd have regret it. At £9,000 these unis best have gold plated loo seats. You've got double the chance if you've applied twice :tongue: What uni are you planning for your insurance if you get Kent?

Damn right, it's ridiculous considering Scottish students don't even have to pay. At the moment the winner is definitely Essex, but I'd be fine with Bangor. Yourself? Oh, and just wondering, when did you send off your UCAS application?
Original post by El_Sid
Damn right, it's ridiculous considering Scottish students don't even have to pay. At the moment the winner is definitely Essex, but I'd be fine with Bangor. Yourself? Oh, and just wondering, when did you send off your UCAS application?

I know right! When I went to the UWE they said that for Welsh coming to England they'd have to pay £3,000 odd and their assembly pays the rest and well Scotland just not paying at all. Good for those two countries but not good for us! Oh cool what grades are they both wanting? Mines UWE for sure I loved the place when I went there. I sent it off on the 14th December :smile:
Reply 1071

I know right! When I went to the UWE they said that for Welsh coming to England they'd have to pay £3,000 odd and their assembly pays the rest and well Scotland just not paying at all. Good for those two countries but not good for us! Oh cool what grades are they both wanting? Mines UWE for sure I loved the place when I went there. I sent it off on the 14th December :smile:
Not quite sure how that is fair in any way whatsoever, we're getting ****ed pretty thoroughly here in England. Essex asked for an A and Bangor just a B (I have BB already achieved but I'm 19, so should actually be in university already.) Good choice, a few of my friends go there and absolutely love it. :smile: And thanks, I sent mine off two or three days after you so should probably/hopefully hear back soon.
Original post by El_Sid
Not quite sure how that is fair in any way whatsoever, we're getting ****ed pretty thoroughly here in England. Essex asked for an A and Bangor just a B (I have BB already achieved but I'm 19, so should actually be in university already.) Good choice, a few of my friends go there and absolutely love it. :smile: And thanks, I sent mine off two or three days after you so should probably/hopefully hear back soon.

Yeah we are just a bit, it's wrong really we should pay the exact same that the other countries in the UK do. Ahh right same here I'm 19 I failed most of the first year except for Psychology so I have a mix of grades. Glad you said they love it makes me sure of my two choices! Are you taking one subject and resitting another to get AAB or just doing one subject to get ABB? You probably will hear soon so you'll have to keep us updated!
Reply 1073

Yeah we are just a bit, it's wrong really we should pay the exact same that the other countries in the UK do. Ahh right same here I'm 19 I failed most of the first year except for Psychology so I have a mix of grades. Glad you said they love it makes me sure of my two choices! Are you taking one subject and resitting another to get AAB or just doing one subject to get ABB? You probably will hear soon so you'll have to keep us updated!
I'm retaking one to get my grades up to A*BB; I emailed them in advance and they said they'd still consider my application. And I shall do. =]
Original post by Onique
xD post attack.. it's HUGE you should have deleted some c:
Will do now c: You excited? did you go to the open day?

Hahaha I know, I'm poorly so have massive head fuzz! Bad decisions will be made. I am excited, so confused as to what to choose for accommodation though! I didn't go to the open day this year, I'm a re-applicant so I saw all I needed to the year before. :smile: Are you excited?
Reply 1075
Original post by vettycroissant
Hahaha I know, I'm poorly so have massive head fuzz! Bad decisions will be made. I am excited, so confused as to what to choose for accommodation though! I didn't go to the open day this year, I'm a re-applicant so I saw all I needed to the year before. :smile: Are you excited?

Aww get well soon ^^
Umm.... are you wanting catered or self-catered.. should whittle it down a bit c;
They've added virtual tours to the accommodation as well! That might help ^^
Yes, very. A levels seem like such a drag right now. Decided to sort through all of my notes since it's half term... so many things to look at =/ One teacher gives us 6 sheets each lesson- most of them say the exact same thing just written differently!
Reply 1076
I thought I was a bit of a night owl, but some of the posters on this thread don't seem to bother with sleep at all.
Reply 1077
Original post by grazie
I thought I was a bit of a night owl, but some of the posters on this thread don't seem to bother with sleep at all.

My sleeping pattern is so bad right now =/ I think 12:30am has been my earliest sleep time in the last month or so.
Reply 1078
Anyone going to an open day tomorrow :smile:
Original post by grazie

My sleeping pattern is terrible but I get distracted doing whatever then suddenly it's 3am and I'm all grumpy the next morning! I need to get back into some sort of routine...

Original post by Rosi.
Anyone going to an open day tomorrow :smile:

I'm going to a London open day tomorrow for Goldsmiths so I miss the first Kent day but I'm going to the Kent open day on the 29th which I can't wait for aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending