The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Law at Kent!

Does anyone know, Freshers starts on the 14th so obviously we will all be moved in by then, but on student finance the course start date is the 24th or something like that, so can I expect that our maintenance loans will not come through until that date? In which case, how on earth are we meant to pay for our accommodation? Do we just have to do it out of our own money until we get the loan?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by charlypennington
I'm doing Law at Kent!

Does anyone know, Freshers starts on the 14th so obviously we will all be moved in by then, but on student finance the course start date is the 24th or something like that, so can I expect that our maintenance loans will not come through until that date? In which case, how on earth are we meant to pay for our accommodation? Do we just have to do it out of our own money until we get the loan?

Congratulations! :smile:

You'll all be moving in on the 15th/16th September, yeah (that's Arrivals Weekend), but you're right in thinking that because the course start date is on the 24th, your loans (and mine, for that matter...) won't come through until then.

You don't have to pay for your accommodation until your loan comes in, don't worry! :smile: In your contract, I believe they give you the dates by which the rent has to be paid, which is generally at the end of the second week of each term.
(edited 11 years ago)
Perfect, thank you!

I'm so excited but super nervous!

I went through clearing so have no idea of what accommodation I'm going get! Im really hoping for Keynes college/flats but I think the chance of getting that is pretty small. But here's hoping! Do they accept bribes!?
Original post by charlypennington
Perfect, thank you!

I'm so excited but super nervous!

I went through clearing so have no idea of what accommodation I'm going get! Im really hoping for Keynes college/flats but I think the chance of getting that is pretty small. But here's hoping! Do they accept bribes!?

No problem! :smile:

It's natural to be excited and nervous at the same time; I'm sure you'll love it! :smile: Remember everyone else will be in the same boat.

Good luck! You never know. I don't really know how accommodation works with clearing, but I know someone who went through Clearing and got Tyler Court, so it's possible that you will. The new Keynes accommodation is really expensive, so it's possible that that will have put people off.
After an agonising wait since 8am yesterday morning I finally have my place at Kent university, and I'm over the moon!!!!
So relieved and can not wait now!!!!!! :smile:
Original post by JGabriella
After an agonising wait since 8am yesterday morning I finally have my place at Kent university, and I'm over the moon!!!!
So relieved and can not wait now!!!!!! :smile:

Congratulations! What are you studying? :smile:
Thanks, Biomedical Sciences with a Sandwich Year :smile:

What about you??
Original post by JGabriella
Thanks, Biomedical Sciences with a Sandwich Year :smile:

What about you??

That sounds awesome. :smile:

I'm going into Second Year this year (I've been stalking this thread to offer congratulations and help/advice where needed), but I'm studying History. :smile:
Reply 1588
You guys scared me xD arrival days are marked as 15 and 16 not 14 hehe
I have my flight the 16th. I hope I get there before the reception closes xD

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5570
Original post by r4ndom
You guys scared me xD arrival days are marked as 15 and 16 not 14 hehe
I have my flight the 16th. I hope I get there before the reception closes xD

Oops, it is 15th/16th. Date miscalculation, sorry!
Reply 1590
A late reply but I'm glad I've bagged my place at Kent for history. Role on freshers.
Reply 1591
Original post by River Shadow
Oops, it is 15th/16th. Date miscalculation, sorry!

Oh no problem :smile:
I just checked because those days reception opens till later, so I have a couple of hours to get there from the airport :biggrin:
I got in! Exceeded my offer (A*AAA) but fell in love with the uni so won't be using adjustment. Just want to know accomodation now!

Anyone else for Actuarial Science?
Out of (nervous) curiosity, has anyone received a confirmation email from Kent? I've only received one from UCAS, whilst all my friends have got emails from their unis :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1594
Original post by charlottewilliams9
Out of (nervous) curiosity, has anyone received a confirmation email from Kent? I've only received one from UCAS, whilst all my friends have got emails from their unis :/

I think they didn't email me when they placed the offer either when I firmed it. So I wouldn't worry :smile:
Original post by charlottewilliams9

I didn't when they confirmed mine last year, it'll be fine. :smile: They'll send you stuff in the post, probably next week. :smile:
Original post by r4ndom
I think they didn't email me when they placed the offer either when I firmed it. So I wouldn't worry :smile:

Original post by River Shadow
I didn't when they confirmed mine last year, it'll be fine. :smile: They'll send you stuff in the post, probably next week. :smile:

Ahh that's a relief haha thanks! :biggrin:

Reply 1597
is there a facebook 2012 freshers page?
Reply 1598
Original post by nadeen94
is there a facebook 2012 freshers page?

http://m.facebook.com/fresherskent?id=350877268316673&_rdr

Reply 1599
Got my A, and now off to study English/American Literature with Creative Writing! :biggrin:

*falls over*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending