The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by electric shockkk
Niiice, are you enjoying Kent :biggrin:? Which course are you doing :smile:?

Of course, great place to be :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by bubblez775
Everyone i talked to is doing maths with something else, i thought i was the only one doing plain old maths :biggrin: are your friends going to kent too? I studied some further maths but didn't bother going in for the exams, what about you? I didn't get to go to the department days i applied a bit later through ucas so missed all that stuff :frown: Na i haven't got a list from them so I'll just enjoy my last few weeks of non-studying :biggrin: And if you're in Tyler C that's like next to A, maybe you can drag me out of my bed to lectures on your way :smile:

haha, but we might get some of the same lectures with them though! yup, quite a few of them :smile: what about yours, do you live far away? oh no, i haven't done any further maths at all :frown: was thinking of going through the FP1 book over the summer after getting results, so will get to it soon :tongue:! oh so did you apply through clearing? hahaha sounds like a good plan, except we're right next to the maths department so I probably won't wake up until 2 mins before the lecture :tongue:! Have you joined the Kent accommodation fb group thing?
Reply 1782
Original post by Onique
Awesome ^^ I think that's my plan then.. unless I can get the parents to buy it, teehee (:

Yeh my choices were all based on how close I could get to the arch building.. Which meant Parkwood was way out of the question.
I feel sorry for any Architect that's gone with parkwood. Carrying models so far :')

Lool ha yeh! better get everything while you can, coz they will be buying XD!! I didnt really consider how far the accomo was from the buiding, but Im happy that its not so near, I like to walk abit. But then again...your righttt with models and stuff!! parkwoods is crazy far..I walked there on the open day and it was a treck aw!
Parkwood is nothing, honestly. You'll get used to it in about a week :p:
Reply 1784
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I know I've said this before, but...

Anyone for Bishopden Court?

Anyone for Actuarial Science?

Im taking actuarial science undergrad 1st year =] but stay at Darwin College.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1785
Original post by ds4143
Ive got my accomodation in tyler court, block C :biggrin: anyone else there too :biggrin:?

how much are you paying For Tyler Court?
Reply 1786
Original post by spun29
how much are you paying For Tyler Court?

about £5500 :redface: what about you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ZacYong
Im taking actuarial science undergrad 1st year =] but stay at Darwin College.

Woo found another coursemate! Have you done any further maths at all? Worried I'll be behind when starting, especially cos I had a nightmare C4 exam which has destroyed my confidence in maths :frown:
Reply 1788
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Woo found another coursemate! Have you done any further maths at all? Worried I'll be behind when starting, especially cos I had a nightmare C4 exam which has destroyed my confidence in maths :frown:

No i din take further math for my A-level =] just math, account and econ. So no worry haha.

Original post by ZacYong
No i din take further math for my A-level =] just math, account and econ. So no worry haha.

Oh that's good! Do you have any idea if we have a reading list or anything like that?
Original post by electric shockkk
haha, but we might get some of the same lectures with them though! yup, quite a few of them :smile: what about yours, do you live far away? oh no, i haven't done any further maths at all :frown: was thinking of going through the FP1 book over the summer after getting results, so will get to it soon :tongue:! oh so did you apply through clearing? hahaha sounds like a good plan, except we're right next to the maths department so I probably won't wake up until 2 mins before the lecture :tongue:! Have you joined the Kent accommodation fb group thing?

yes that's true :smile: i live in buckinghamshire. what about you? don't worry i haven't studied all of it and the point of the first year is to get everyone up to the same level so they will teach you assuming that you haven't taken it :smile: i applied normally but in like March so it was after the first deadline (im a spur of the moment kind of person). Oh wow are we next to the maths department? I didn't even know that, you've just made my day :biggrin: and i joined the tyler court one.
Just got the acceptance email, but what are the original documents we need to show them for enrollment? I can't remember? Passport, GCSE results...
Reply 1792
Original post by ds4143
Lool ha yeh! better get everything while you can, coz they will be buying XD!! I didnt really consider how far the accomo was from the buiding, but Im happy that its not so near, I like to walk abit. But then again...your righttt with models and stuff!! parkwoods is crazy far..I walked there on the open day and it was a treck aw!

What day are you planning on moving in? And do you have Facebook? I should start getting some arch students on their ^^

Original post by iheartliam
Just got the acceptance email, but what are the original documents we need to show them for enrollment? I can't remember? Passport, GCSE results...

I'd like to know this too =/ they tell us original documents but don't tell us what.. XD
Reply 1793
Original post by gemstar94
Keynes flats or college? I'm in college H block =]

college! i'm in R block! i wonder how close the blocks are
Reply 1794
Original post by jhirani04
I'm kinda confused, my e-mail says that my accommondation is booked at: Room: R7/C Keynes College CT2 7NP, En-suite: Yes, Self-catering: Self-Catered.
What does that mean? Am I at the Keynes Flats or the houses or Keynes College itself? The price given is that of the Keynes Flats but nowhere on the e-mail does it specifically say 'flats'. I have no clue what's going on. I suspect it may be talking about Keynes Flats but I am not 100% sure. Can someone help me out?

oooh i'm in keynes R-block as well!!

Passport. :smile: I think I showed my provisional driving licence for one thing as well.
Original post by River Shadow
Passport. :smile: I think I showed my provisional driving licence for one thing as well.

Sounds pretty simple. Thanks.

Also, my accommodation letter said: "F1-3 Darwin College, Darwin Houses F-Block - DCB". But what does that even mean? Am I in the college or the house? :s-smilie:
And when can you move in? Or is it too soon for that.
Sounds pretty simple. Thanks.

Also, my accommodation letter said: "F1-3 Darwin College, Darwin Houses F-Block - DCB". But what does that even mean? Am I in the college or the house? :s-smilie:
And when can you move in? Or is it too soon for that.

You're in Block F, flat 1, room 3 in Darwin College. You can move in on the weekend of the 15th/16th September. :smile:
Original post by River Shadow
You're in Block F, flat 1, room 3 in Darwin College. You can move in on the weekend of the 15th/16th September. :smile:

thanks!
Anyone in Tyler Court B - flat 11? I'm starting to wonder if I'll be very lonely next year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending