The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
News... the offer including AEA and STEP has gone up to AAA (plus old step/AEA conditions).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by joshgoldman
I'm applying to both MMORSE and Maths & Stats.

REALLY want an offer from MMORSE, literally the perfect course for me!

No no no, don't apply for both of these! They are both run by the same (statistics) department, and the admissions people are identical for both of them! So they will most definitely be aware that you have applied to both, and it's just a silly idea, because the first year of MORSE and maths/stats is identical, so transferring between these two is easy and very common. They also have identical entry requirements.

I can almost guarantee that if you apply to both of these you will only receive one offer.
Reply 42
Original post by Lady Justice
No no no, don't apply for both of these! They are both run by the same (statistics) department, and the admissions people are identical for both of them! So they will most definitely be aware that you have applied to both, and it's just a silly idea, because the first year of MORSE and maths/stats is identical, so transferring between these two is easy and very common. They also have identical entry requirements.

I can almost guarantee that if you apply to both of these you will only receive one offer.

You mean either two offers or none :P
Reply 43
Original post by Lady Justice

I know.. found out at the open day.. not applying to both anymore.
Original post by DymentriX
"Thank you for your application to study at The University of Warwick.

The University of Warwick is committed to fair admissions and will give full and equal consideration to all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2012. Warwick's courses are extremely competitive and some decisions will not be finalised until all applications have been received and considered, so you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying."

There's the comformation of what you said to me :L. Hmm, not feeling too good about my chances now :L

i'm guessing they email everyone this?
Reply 45
what are good books to read to prepare you for a Warwick or Other universities of that caliber mathematics degrees?
Original post by Lukestoney
what are good books to read to prepare you for a Warwick or Other universities of that caliber mathematics degrees?

Warwick has put this list of books up.

There's also this list of books for pre-arrival students.
Reply 47
News... the offer including AEA and STEP has gone up to AAA (plus old step/AEA conditions).

Do you know what the current offer will be - the one without the STEP/AEA requirement? (for 2012 entry)
Original post by Ree69
Do you know what the current offer will be - the one without the STEP/AEA requirement? (for 2012 entry)

The 2012 A level offer for MORSE/MathStat information will be released in October, according to the Warwick offer site. All Math department courses require STEP.
Reply 49
Original post by powermanchu
The 2012 A level offer for MORSE/MathStat information will be released in October, according to the Warwick offer site. All Math department courses require STEP.

It's already out. They changed it last week, I can't imagine them changing it again...

Original post by Ree69

A*(M) A(FM) A
It's already out. They changed it last week, I can't imagine them changing it again...

A*(M) A(FM) A

Are you talking about the offers listed here and here? Those are the offers for 2011 entry. While I'm sure they won't be changing the offer for 2012 entry by much, if at all, it hasn't been released yet.
Reply 51
Are you talking about the offers listed here and here? Those are the offers for 2011 entry. While I'm sure they won't be changing the offer for 2012 entry by much, if at all, it hasn't been released yet.

Last year it was A*AA or AAB2/M so the second offer has changed.
Reply 52

As implus said, the normal A*AA offer has stayed the same, but the offer for those taking STEP/AEA has increased to AAA 2/M rather than last year's AAB 2/M. That only happened a couple of days ago, so I don't see why they'd update it just to update it again!
Reply 53
anyone who got an offer for morse last year can you say what your AS grades were and your A2 predictions?
Hi guys, i ve got 2 questions I want to do Morse at Warwick and financial mathematics somewhere else
1) How do you gear ur personal statement towards MORSE and financial Mathematics
2)I ve gt prediction of A*AAA, would i need 2 do step to go to Warwick
thanks x
Reply 55
Original post by Mathssss
anyone who got an offer for morse last year can you say what your AS grades were and your A2 predictions?

I got an offer last year (I f*cking missed it and am reapplying for the same course). My AS grades were AAAA, and I was predicted A*A*AA.

Although I think the stats admissions tutors put a LOT of emphasis on your personal statement; whatever subject it's about....make sure it's good!
(edited 12 years ago)
Question.

Would completing the four-year MMORSE course be considered at the same level as completing a post-graduate Masters course?
Reply 57
Hurrah!

The MORSE (and I guess MathsStats) offer has been updated for 2012 entry:

A level: For applicants taking A Level Further Maths: A*(Maths) A (Further Maths) A

For applicants taking Further Maths to AS Level only: A*(Maths) A* A plus A in AS Further Maths

For applicants not taking Further Maths: A*(Maths) A* A*

Most applicants will also receive an alternative offer of A(Maths)AA plus 2/M in STEP/AEA

Goddamn, without FM they're asking for A*A*A*! :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ree69
Hurrah!

The MORSE (and I guess MathsStats) offer has been updated for 2012 entry:

A level: For applicants taking A Level Further Maths: A*(Maths) A (Further Maths) A

For applicants taking Further Maths to AS Level only: A*(Maths) A* A plus A in AS Further Maths

For applicants not taking Further Maths: A*(Maths) A* A*

Most applicants will also receive an alternative offer of A(Maths)AA plus 2/M in STEP/AEA

Goddamn, without FM they're asking for A*A*A*! :eek:

ROFL
So is Maths and Stats generally easier to get an offer from and with A*A*A* predicted and high maths FM and physics UMS at AS would I stand good chances beside not having strong GCSEs? (ABBBCCCCC)
Just want opinions...

Quick Reply

Latest