The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well iv been rejected by Glasgow and Edinburgh now and the only places i applied. Mayb someones trying to tell me something....
nah dont be silly, the majority of people only get one or 2 offers like everyone here said, and you only applied to 2 vet schools! so you didnt have as much chance as those of us who applied to 4. you could always take a year out, work, travel and reapply, when you have your grades.
and then apply to more vet schools!
Reply 22
utopian
Yeh I had an interview at Bristol in December, got rejected a few days after, and have now been rejected from Liverpool w/o interview. Got an interview at RVC in Jan some time so I'm really really hoping it will go OK. Still haven't heard from Edinburgh. Has anyone had an interview at RVC recently? I'm hoping that the RVC one's going to go well, I really liked it when I went there for a summer school in Year 11. I've just got this sinking feeling that I'm going to be spending another year working in WHSmiths...:-s

I'm sorry if i'm being dopey...... :frown: but why would a uni reject you w/o even an interview??
Capetta
I'm sorry if i'm being dopey...... :frown: but why would a uni reject you w/o even an interview??

Theres just waaaay to many applicants for even interview places, let alone places in the vet course. Take Nottingham for example, even though it's the first year of intake, 900 people applied and they're only interviewing 330, and there's only 100 places, max. It all depends what you put down on the form!
Reply 24
That seems to me they are planning to give offers to a lot of people they interview, like RVC.
As 330 for a hundred places sounds like about 1 in 3
but they'll be an insurance offer for a lot of people, who might prefer bristol/cambridge
Plus they'll always be people who don't get the grades.
Reply 25
leggielass

I got 2 straight rejections, my pool letter then rejection and then found my offer from liv on ucas website whilst i was in the school library. So i ran round the book shelves yelling my head off, ran down the corridor and yelled that i'd got an offer at the deputy head and two startled looking parents being shown round and then ran down the side of the science labs hammering on the windows and miming to my teachers that i had an offer.

haha i was in the school library when i saw my liverpool offer on track as well!!!
Reply 26
glad to see its not me. I think it is actually because im not used to being rejected, but it is inevitable at some time so the quicker i deal with it the better. Although the rejections were not so tough as i gotr an offer from my first interview. Glasgow was nice and i would have liked to go there.

I think ill have to prepare for my next interview, i didnt prepare for the others, there isnt much you can read up on is there? Im sure the interviewers can see through the facade of people preaparing for the interview, and pick the most suitable students. The only thing which i didnt understand was bristol's interview technique, it seemed to ask too many technical questions, maybe they are looking for a different type of vet student.

good luck with your interviews and exams and all that stuff :smile:
mawi99102
The only thing which i didnt understand was bristol's interview technique, it seemed to ask too many technical questions

I think they ask technical questions to see whether you have absorbed knowledge from work experience. I thought the qustions I got were fair though- most technical was "what are puppies vaccinated against?" and, to be honest, you see so many puppies jabbed in small animal practice that it's pretty poor if you've never asked what the diseases are.

Personally, I really wanted to be asked techincal stuff, to show that I had gained knowledge from work experience, so I was really pleased with my Bristol interview- hence why I'm here, I guess!
Reply 28
They asked me that too, and then why do we wait till after 6 weeks, so I said about it not being neccasary because of the mothers milk etc and she said yes but 'why can't we', i was like... :hmmmm: i'm not sure, so I had a guess, which wasn't quite right, and she kept pressing for an answer :mad: ! I was a blubbering mess by the end lol!!
not bad really- was kinda expecting it - and ive got two other offers so woooooooo!

Latest

Trending

Trending