The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabberwox
I've already been given my offers, it's a bit late to change now... :s-smilie:

Would it be possible to resit while I am at university? It's too late to enrol on courses now apparently and I don't have the money at the moment to do it anyway...

Well, you could still change but if you've been given offers I can understand you not changing.

Ermm I'm not sure, I am sure you could outside of the uni whilst at uni but I'm not sure if you could do it through the university you'd have to ask the university itself.

x
Reply 381
:smile:Hey!

Just wondering who's heard ffrom their uni choices for pgce primary or early years?
I havnt heard yet, I've applied to newman (1st) and worcester (2nd) to do EY.
Also what degrees do people have or hope to have?

Cheers :wink:
Reply 382
I had a letter this morning from newman saying they were very impressed with my interview and i am on their priority list for an offer once they receive the number of places from TDA! Happy :biggrin: Hope TDA hurry up and allocate places now
Original post by chim14
I had a letter this morning from newman saying they were very impressed with my interview and i am on their priority list for an offer once they receive the number of places from TDA! Happy :biggrin: Hope TDA hurry up and allocate places now

Welldone! x
I heard back after 2 weeks of sending my application for PGCE Primary, and got invited for an interview which is a week and a half away from the day i got my letter. Lol then again i sent mine a couple of weeks before the deadline. I have a business and management degree.
Tomorrow is 4 weeks since I sent mine off. I haven't received a confirmation, or any contact from the University. I'm very tempted to give them a ring to see if they've received it and what's happening.
Original post by AwesomelyPsycho
Tomorrow is 4 weeks since I sent mine off. I haven't received a confirmation, or any contact from the University. I'm very tempted to give them a ring to see if they've received it and what's happening.

I did this after I got to 28 days and they told me I was through to the interviews. I would suggest giving them a call, just to see if they have your application!
Original post by masamune1989
I did this after I got to 28 days and they told me I was through to the interviews. I would suggest giving them a call, just to see if they have your application!

I did give them a call, and they said my application went through to the tutors a few days after I sent it to them. She said I should be receiving a reply sometime this week, so :crossedf:

Although it does mean I'll be checking track like crazy :tongue:
Scratch the one above. She just called me back and said that funnily enough, she'd just received it back from the tutors and I got an interview! January 5th, Middlesex University.
Don't suppose anyone's heard from UeL yet?
Literally just sent off my application now :/ now for the waiting game

PGCE Design and Technology (Product design/ resistant materials) Greenwich, Goldsmiths, Canterbury and Brighton
Reply 391
Just a question to everyone who has already had their interviews: what sorts of things are you being asked in a secondary one? I am freaking out about mine next week!
Reply 392
Original post by toni17
I have an interview in two weeks. My application was sent off on 19/10/11 and I heard back about the interview on 9/11/11. Have you heard anything yet?
Can I ask as well how much experience you have? I don't have much at all and I'm really worried about it.

Hi toni how did ur interview go? how many people were at the interview with you? i tried to send u another mail but it didn't work ? xx
Has anyone had any confusion with Liverpool Hope on dates and times for PGCE secondary geography interviews? They have currently sent me 4 different letters issuing me new times and dates for an interview..however I have already booked my flights to Liverpool for the first date and time.. nightmare :frown:
Reply 394
Hello just a bit of info... I emailed the TDA asking when will training providers receive their allocations for PGCE places, and they emailed me back saying hopefully the start of next week they'll be sending them out. x
Reply 395
Original post by pineapple86
I heard back after 2 weeks of sending my application for PGCE Primary, and got invited for an interview which is a week and a half away from the day i got my letter. Lol then again i sent mine a couple of weeks before the deadline. I have a business and management degree.

Hi again,

seems we've had the same experience. it will have been 15 days today since i sent my application, and i recieved an email today asking me to attend an interivew which is 8 days away!
i feel its very short notice to try and prepare everything. Have you done any prep?

:smile:
Original post by xcharzx
Hi again,

seems we've had the same experience. it will have been 15 days today since i sent my application, and i recieved an email today asking me to attend an interivew which is 8 days away!
i feel its very short notice to try and prepare everything. Have you done any prep?

:smile:

Eeek I got my letter for the interview on saturday and my interview is next week on weds, in the morning. Im so nervous, im trying to do prep but i need to create a presentation and struggling to find a topic to do it on. So im trying to read the articles they want me to read in prep for it then try and go through some questions they may ask. But im kinda worried about the presentation i have to do. What about you? Have you started any prep even though you only just heard? :wink: :smile:
Reply 397
Eeek I got my letter for the interview on saturday and my interview is next week on weds, in the morning. Im so nervous, im trying to do prep but i need to create a presentation and struggling to find a topic to do it on. So im trying to read the articles they want me to read in prep for it then try and go through some questions they may ask. But im kinda worried about the presentation i have to do. What about you? Have you started any prep even though you only just heard? :wink: :smile:

ahh mines weds afternoon - when im meant to be at uni..OH well!
Thats good that you get to do a presentation using ICT, least youll have some guides. Ive just got my email, but the interview process is an oral presentation without ict or visual aids, just me alone! Is there any other activities youve gotta do?

Do you think they ask you about why the degree youve done will be beneficial for you as a teacher?
Original post by xcharzx
ahh mines weds afternoon - when im meant to be at uni..OH well!
Thats good that you get to do a presentation using ICT, least youll have some guides. Ive just got my email, but the interview process is an oral presentation without ict or visual aids, just me alone! Is there any other activities youve gotta do?

Do you think they ask you about why the degree youve done will be beneficial for you as a teacher?

I have to do my presentation without ict lol which is going to be a bit weird. But we are allowed visual aids to give out. Whats your topi on? Mines on a recent educational issue :s-smilie: My interview day is a maths task, an english activity which i have to prepare for by reading these 2 articles they suggested and make notes, then group task which involves working in a group to create a presentation on the day and deliver it. Then the 1-2-1 interview where i have to deliver my presentation, discuss it and then have my interview questions.

Yeah i think they will ask that, it says something like that in my letter. So i'll have to relate certain modules to primary teaching. Its going be a bit tough and im so nervous!
Reply 399
I have to do my presentation without ict lol which is going to be a bit weird. But we are allowed visual aids to give out. Whats your topi on? Mines on a recent educational issue :s-smilie: My interview day is a maths task, an english activity which i have to prepare for by reading these 2 articles they suggested and make notes, then group task which involves working in a group to create a presentation on the day and deliver it. Then the 1-2-1 interview where i have to deliver my presentation, discuss it and then have my interview questions.

Yeah i think they will ask that, it says something like that in my letter. So i'll have to relate certain modules to primary teaching. Its going be a bit tough and im so nervous!

can yours be on any topic then? My email says that weve got to teach the tutors and others in the interview something, so i might teach something unusual but not boring ha! Wow, that sounds hard doing a group presentation on the day! what uni is this?

what are u going to say about your degree relating to primary?

Latest

Trending

Trending