Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'I'm applying for a PGCE' thread

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been sent everything for Cambridge now , 12PM on Thursday 19th, lots to prepare for now, though I've been doing a lot of work already for it, need to write a 1000 word essay on top of it now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria13)
    INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... any tips? (Durham (physics))
    Hey I had an interview on the 16th for History though! Have you heard back from them yet?x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria13)
    Hey yeah I had my interview on Wednesday too!! Went pretty badly in my opinion.... just got to wait and see i guess. x
    I had mine then as well but still waiting to hear!! Have you guys heard anything yet?x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally - have an interview at York in 10 days' time. I'm absolutely desperate to get in! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from various places!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at LSBU on Thursday?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an interview at York St John for Primary PGCE? I have mine tomorrow!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazzyfuzzylou)
    Finally - have an interview at York in 10 days' time. I'm absolutely desperate to get in! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from various places!
    Good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wishing Bedfordshire would hurry up with their decision to offer me an interview or not! I think they have forgotten about me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who had an interview in nov and heard back a few days ago and got a conditional offer. Booo i wanna know!!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineapple86)
    I know someone who had an interview in nov and heard back a few days ago and got a conditional offer. Booo i wanna know!!
    The amount of time some people have to wait is absurd :| We were told 4-8 weeks at my interview, but I heard ack today (3 and a half weeks) that I have a conditional offer Everyone I know who was therethat day though hasn't heard back yet :/ I;'m really hoping my friend and the people I met get offers! I hope you hear back soon!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_night)
    The amount of time some people have to wait is absurd :| We were told 4-8 weeks at my interview, but I heard ack today (3 and a half weeks) that I have a conditional offer Everyone I know who was therethat day though hasn't heard back yet :/ I;'m really hoping my friend and the people I met get offers! I hope you hear back soon!
    I dont want to wait any longer lol i know i prob wont hear back til next month. Congrats!! I hope i get in!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's nearly been 2 months for me and i still havent heard back from after my interview. this is absolutely awful!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone waiting...

There seems to be a lot of variety in interview dates, wait times to hear back etc. Pretty nerve-racking, I imagine.

I got really lucky last year - I had my interview on 4/11 and found out on 5/11. No idea why it happened so quickly, especially as a lot of my friends on the course were interviewed/notified much later on. In other words, don't let it worry you [although I know that is hard] - a bit of a wait or a later interview date needn't be a concern.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope I'm not the only one revising teaching, their subject and interviews and everything as much as I can, lots of work going on in Camp Me
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should hear from LSBU in 2-3 weeks if they're going to let me in or not
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was really lucky with Bangor university I had my interview on Wednesday and I found out this morning that I had a conditional offer. Fair play to people waiting 2 months the suspense would kill me! x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Woop

Rung up bedfordshire today, they are giving me an interview but haven't confirmed the date yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So happy, found out i got offered a place at Roehampton secondary history!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone know what I should wear to my interview for primary?
    Do all males wear suits, I am guessing yes?

Best of luck to every1 doing interviews.

I am so nervous about mine!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lansing)
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone know what I should wear to my interview for primary?
    Do all males wear suits, I am guessing yes?

Best of luck to every1 doing interviews.

I am so nervous about mine!
    All but one of the guys at my interview for primary wore suits. The one who didn't wore jeans, a shirt and blazer I think. So I think suits ar a safe bet

Good luck!!
Updated: October 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.