The Student Room Group

Engineering Freshers 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Willheath
Cool mines just for BEng with an A in maths

Congrats
I got that same offer from Notts yesterday.
It was weird cos I got invited to the UCAS/Interview day, asked for alternative dates, got given alternative dates and then got given an offer. All of this happened in the space of about 3 days.
Really happy about it though!!
Reply 181
Original post by Estelle123
samee!! whens urs?

Mine is on the 14th of December and yours???
Do you know what kind of interview they give??
Reply 182
Original post by LozB167
Congrats
I got that same offer from Notts yesterday.
It was weird cos I got invited to the UCAS/Interview day, asked for alternative dates, got given alternative dates and then got given an offer. All of this happened in the space of about 3 days.
Really happy about it though!!

Lol sounds pretty crazy
I was so surprised when I got the offer though I didnt think I'd hear anything from them for ages.
Not many Chemical Engineers here! I've applied to:

Imperial
UCL
Sheffield
Birmingham
Manchester

I've been given a conditional offer at Sheffield - AAB :smile:
Reply 184
Application should be sent off next week, soon as my teacher has completed my reference - grr!

I applied for Chemical Engineering at:

Leeds (with Nuclear)
Nottingham
Loughborough
Sheffield (with Chemistry)
Teeside

Hoping to go to Leeds or Loughborough though! I think I'm predicted AAA or AAB, not entirely sure. All my courses I've applied for are AAB or ABB except for Teeside which is BBB so I'm hopeful!
Reply 185
Original post by Toshiya
Application should be sent off next week, soon as my teacher has completed my reference - grr!

I applied for Chemical Engineering at:

Leeds (with Nuclear)
Nottingham
Loughborough
Sheffield (with Chemistry)
Teeside

Hoping to go to Leeds or Loughborough though! I think I'm predicted AAA or AAB, not entirely sure. All my courses I've applied for are AAB or ABB except for Teeside which is BBB so I'm hopeful!

Hi there,

I was just wondering what made you pick Nuclear Engineering?
Reply 186
MEng Chemical Engineering:
UCL
Bath - Offer AAB
Surrey - Offer AAB

MEng Biochemical Engineering
UCL
Westminister - Offer BCC (Idk why I chose this anymore)

Predicted AAA but hopefully I'll manage an A* somewhere...

Edit: who negged me? did i do something to upset you? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by Cath-ay
MEng Chemical Engineering:
UCL
Bath - Offer AAB
Surrey

MEng Biochemical Engineering
UCL
Westminister (Probs insurance...)

Predicted AAA but hopefully I'll manage an A* somewhere...

Edit: who negged me? did i do something to upset you? :confused:

It's So stupid how people tend to neg for like absolutely no reason
Reply 188
maybe they're on an iphone or something n it happened by accident? anyway have some rep :tongue:
Original post by xch
Mine is on the 14th of December and yours???
Do you know what kind of interview they give??

omg same!! aha well they said there'll be a technical question so im asuming some maths type question then probs just why do you want to do EEE etcc
Reply 190
Original post by jstinson

Original post by jstinson
maybe they're on an iphone or something n it happened by accident? anyway have some rep :tongue:

Lol suppose so :tongue: And thank you :smile: Returned the favour :wink:
Reply 191
Applied for electronic engineering at: Reading and Kent, other choices courses are Physics. Sent my application off about 9 days ago and i have not yet received offers.. If anyone else applied for engineering at these universities could they tell me how long the uni took to get back to you pleasee
Reply 192
Original post by Estelle123
omg same!! aha well they said there'll be a technical question so im asuming some maths type question then probs just why do you want to do EEE etcc

Yeah i guess so...they also said we did not have to bring a project or lab which means some people do bring something...you planning bringing some project with you??

See you there!
Reply 193
Applied for Aeronautical Engineering at:
Loughborough
Glasgow
QMUL
Brunel
Glamorgan
Predicted A*BB/C
Application sent as of today:

Predicted: AAB AS: ABBD (Maths, FM, Physics, Chem)

Choices (Mech Eng)

Nottingham (Beng)
Warwick (Meng)
Southampton (Meng)
Birmingham (Meng/Beng)
Leicester with year abroad (Beng)
Original post by xch
Yeah i guess so...they also said we did not have to bring a project or lab which means some people do bring something...you planning bringing some project with you??

See you there!

yhh but i feel as if i should still bring something! aha well i made this microphone pre-amp device at a headstart course in surrey so im thinking of bringing that in since i mentioned it in my personal statement! and yh will do good luck in advance!
Aspiring Chemical Engineer here :smile:

Sent off my application on Monday to
Imperial
Loughborough
Birmingham
Manchester
Leeds

Am I optimistic in hoping for no more than 2 interviews ? I'm pretty sure I'll fluff 'em :'(
Got a letter from Loughborough saying I will be receiving an offer within the next few days for the Mechanical Engineering course! :biggrin:
Reply 198
How to prepare for interview?
Reply 199
Original post by youssef.i
Got a letter from Loughborough saying I will be receiving an offer within the next few days for the Mechanical Engineering course! :biggrin:

sames :smile: , i also just got bristol, bath and my cambridge interview :biggrin: soo happy

Quick Reply

Latest