Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
offer AAA including chemistry for biochemistry woooo! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 181
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
I'm kinda the same, A levels are SO much better than my GCSE's, but I've done quite a lot to make up for it - an early A level and Extended Project. I've applied for History & Sociology, so kinda your department :P Looked at the Social Policy course - their department is amazing and one of the lecturers chatted to me for ages on open day, and was simply inspiring!

oh good! i haven't actually visited leeds :/ it was a last minute 5th choice and i just live too far away to just pop up there, ive been to the city though so ill just have to take your word on the uni and the department, yeah i think sociology and social polic y share a first year?
AAB offer for English Language and Literature :biggrin:

Good luck to those waiting :smile:
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!
Shouldn't that be an unconditional offer then since you have the grades?

I've only applied, I haven't heard back yet. It's an application for 2nd year entry as I'm currently at a different university doing my first year. If they offer me first year entry instead then I imagine it will be an unconditional offer.
Original post by holbets
I'm the same, applied for French and haven't even had an acknowledgement! Starting to worry a little :confused:

Sent mine on the 21st October for French and Politics and no acknowledgement yet. Could be that the languages department are waiting a while...
Original post by Mighty Moe
I've only applied, I haven't heard back yet. It's an application for 2nd year entry as I'm currently at a different university doing my first year. If they offer me first year entry instead then I imagine it will be an unconditional offer.

Understood :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by bethmarydowd
ohhh, i've only looked on the website which said something about portfolios... haven't been to any open days cause i can't get there :smile:
all i've really got is my design coursework from this year and last, which is really rubbish because it's product design... and i've never taken graphic design, i took media and tech systems at GCSE...
really struggling with what to put in my personal statement too D:

Are you taking a foundation year (which is what I'm doing first)? That'll definitely help with your portfolio problem. Your portfolio sounds the same as mine! All I have is product design work. I should really get a sketch pad and start drawing objects.
Original post by jaydoh
I only got four GCSEs and got into the English course, way back when... you "might" strike lucky with a strong PS, a good reference and predicted grades and if you meet the offer too. "Might" being the word.

wow thats great!! i've looked around at other threads and they seem to be light on GCSEs :smile:
AAB offer for chemical engineering, OH YEAH!!! :yeah:
Reply 189
Original post by 12sophie
I have an interview!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: radiography :smile:

Hey did you get an e-mail or like a letter through the post?? Congrats!!! i hope you get accepted :tongue:
Reply 190
Original post by faithxfaye
Hey did you get an e-mail or like a letter through the post?? Congrats!!! i hope you get accepted :tongue:

Hi, it was a letter in the post. I havent had any emails from them, and my track for them hasnt changed either...thanks :smile: x
Original post by Jwp14
oh good! i haven't actually visited leeds :/ it was a last minute 5th choice and i just live too far away to just pop up there, ive been to the city though so ill just have to take your word on the uni and the department, yeah i think sociology and social polic y share a first year?

Maybe, but if I went there I'd be doing History as my first subject :smile: Seriously - the sociology/social policy department looked amazing! :biggrin: Everything about Leeds was just top class, acccomodation, city, students union, course, ahhh :smile:
Reply 192
Got an offer yesterday for History and Politics - conditional offer of AAA.
Reply 193
Original post by kjb2112

When did you send off your application? cheers,
Reply 194
Original post by jamie_jca
Sent mine on the 21st October for French and Politics and no acknowledgement yet. Could be that the languages department are waiting a while...

Don't worry - I got an offer for history today not having received an acknowledgement. I think maybe some departments aren't bothering with acknowledgement emails :biggrin:
Reply 195
Hey there,

I am applying for Leeds, entry 2012, for the Cinema and Photography course. The course requirements are BBB and I am on track for an A*AB. No word of my application being received yet but by the sounds of it most people haven't so I won't worry.

Hope to get to know some of you and talk soon!
Reply 196
Got a conditional offer for Law from Leeds the other day. I'm so relieved, particularly as I really liked Leeds. :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by kjb2112

Well Done! Do you mean the International History and Politics degree thats like the history of international relations?
Reply 198
Original post by yanimus
Well Done! Do you mean the International History and Politics degree thats like the history of international relations?

Probably just means JH History and Politics bro.
Reply 199
Original post by 12sophie
Hi, it was a letter in the post. I havent had any emails from them, and my track for them hasnt changed either...thanks :smile: x

urhhh i need to be more patient and just not think about it tbh!!

Quick Reply

Latest