The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Apa
Mine is now limited to Aberystwyth or the foundation year at Leeds. I did get an offer from Hull (BCC) but I substituted it for Aber:rolleyes:

Sweet sweet, im off but good luck with leeds :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 581
Got an invitation to one of their application open days in the department of Chemical engineering (and some other stuff)

Will probably go to the one on Wednesday the 14th of March. All the other days would overlap with my A2 chemistry investigation coursework which we're doing in February and I don't really want to have to catch up on that.
has anyone doing a design course been responded to? i sent mine away a few weeks ago and not even an acknowledgement yet! D:
Reply 583
Original post by bethmarydowd
has anyone doing a design course been responded to? i sent mine away a few weeks ago and not even an acknowledgement yet! D:

Leeds don't tend to send acknowledgement - they just send offers out of the blue :P There's still hope:rolleyes:
Original post by Robert Osborne

Original post by Robert Osborne
I sent my application off last Wednesday, applied to Leeds for Broadcast Journalism as well :smile: Well done! If I get the offer I'll be firming for sure.

I just got an unconditional for this course! (on a gap year!) It's the only one I wanted to go to though! Where else did you apply for?
Reply 585
Original post by barzy_j
Anyone applying for Dentistry through the access scheme here?

I'm not personally but there was someone in the beginning of the thread, I think! Maybe go back and PM them?
SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! I really want to firm leeeeeds! But still have such a long way to go! Fingers crossed I get called for IV!
Reply 587
Original post by drowners

Original post by drowners
Just got a conditional offer BBB from leeds for Art and Design :smile:
I love leeds, but I'm not sure if I want to do art and design or not, I applied to keep my options open and all the others I applied to are for fine art.. Good luck!

Well done for getting in! Did they request a mini digital portfolio or interview?
What other courses have you applied for? :smile:
Politics
Required and Predicted - AAB
Vibrant city with lots to do! I loved Leeds on the open day.
Reply 589
Original post by antipathyx

Original post by antipathyx
I've applied for BA Textile Design :smile:
I'm doing a BTEC in Art and Design, predicted D*D*D*
have you sent your application off?

No our college are taking ages to process and send the applications off. I'm worried there will be no places left soon even though the deadline isn't till jan 15th! Hopefully get mine off next week :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by fleetwood
Thankyou :smile: yes the interview is in February so I have enough ime to prepare for it :biggrin: need to get through the exams first haha ahh I'm sure you'll be made an offer :smile: funnily enough, Leeds made me an offer last night haha ABB so I'm really pleased with that as it's my firm :biggrin: good luck with exams :smile:

Ah well good luck for February!!!! Oh I already have my offer, I got it in September :biggrin: So your offer is ABB?!?! Mine is AAA....
Original post by RastaMannn
Politics
Required and Predicted - AAB
Vibrant city with lots to do! I loved Leeds on the open day.

I have a History offer and I know we're technically doing different subjects, but when I went up for my post-offer day on Wednesday they had a lot of politics interns available to talk to within the department and they were so encouraging! Do you have an offer? :biggrin:
Reply 592
Original post by hollypywell
I just got an unconditional for this course! (on a gap year!) It's the only one I wanted to go to though! Where else did you apply for?

for Broadcast journalism? Just wondering, what are your grades etc like if you don't mind me asking, and what work experience do you have?It's just i'm hoping to get an unconditional at Leeds to do this course, I have my heart set on it.
Thankyou x
Offer for Law!
AAB :biggrin:
Reply 594
Original post by agonyaunt

Original post by agonyaunt
When did you send your application. Am waiting to hear for Med science, already have my A levels at ABB (Chem, Biology, Maths)sent my application off around 19th Nov

I sent my application off on November 4th and got my offer a few days ago from Leeds :smile: ahh I'm sure you'll get an offer, I was predicted ABB and got one when the range goes up at AAA
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
I have a History offer and I know we're technically doing different subjects, but when I went up for my post-offer day on Wednesday they had a lot of politics interns available to talk to within the department and they were so encouraging! Do you have an offer? :biggrin:

I love history! XD Do the interns give you advice on different careers and all those things or do they give you placements and opportunities after the degree? Yes my offer is AAB! I intend to do a better job than Cameron -.-
Reply 596
Original post by fleetwood
I sent my application off on November 4th and got my offer a few days ago from Leeds :smile: ahh I'm sure you'll get an offer, I was predicted ABB and got one when the range goes up at AAA

Lucky you! Leeds is my first choice, already have offers from Sussex, Leicester and Coventry. If I don't get Leeds will probably go for Sussex-Going travelling at beg of Feb so I really hope to hear before I go.
Original post by RastaMannn
I love history! XD Do the interns give you advice on different careers and all those things or do they give you placements and opportunities after the degree? Yes my offer is AAB! I intend to do a better job than Cameron -.-

The interns were those who assisted the lecturers with their research, it looked so exciting! They said they paid £500/600 a year for research assistance of a lecturer and it's so amazing that you could have the opportunity to contribute to their research for their next publication or something :tongue: But they have so many options available in regards to employment, they offer a year in industry or a year abroad and they also have lots of optional modules where you can use your skills in the modern world; for me it's options such as 'History into schools' and stuff :smile: my offer is AAA but I already have one of those, so really AA :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by lottie51
Well done for getting in! Did they request a mini digital portfolio or interview?
What other courses have you applied for? :smile:

they didn't ask for anything, I havn't even got a letter or email from them of acknowledgement :/ that kinda puts me off them tbh.. I also applied to reading, lacaster, glouchestershire and plymouth for fine art. How about you?
Got my conditional offer throughh :biggrin: :biggrin: going to apply for Access to Leeds as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest