The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamie_jca
069F! :biggrin:

Does this mean we're near one another? I can't make heads or tails of the numbers/letters? is 69 the number and d the floor or something else?

also, thanks for the suggestion about the price, looks like i'm ensuite as i just about fall into the ensuite bracket -- mine comes out to about 112.70 per week, and ensuite is 113-128, with standard being 103-107, so fingers crossed!!

Anyone else in james bailie?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by snowwhitequeen236
I just got an email saying I've got Oxley too! I applied for Central Village though, which was your preferred choice?

I applied for Central Village and got Oxley, even though location was my #2 preference. Soooo worried about the distance from campus.
Reply 1502
Original post by OliviaBambrough
I applied for Central Village and got Oxley, even though location was my #2 preference. Soooo worried about the distance from campus.

I got Oxley also but I'm quite happy with it. There is a regular bus service to uni!
Original post by slwhat88
I got Oxley also but I'm quite happy with it. There is a regular bus service to uni!

Oh cool, which block are you, im in M. It says on the website it takes 20mins on the bus to the uni but its only 2-3 miles which I would think would take less than 20 mins :s-smilie:

Anyone know how long it takes from Oxley to Leeds uni?
Reply 1504
Oh cool, which block are you, im in M. It says on the website it takes 20mins on the bus to the uni but its only 2-3 miles which I would think would take less than 20 mins :s-smilie:

Anyone know how long it takes from Oxley to Leeds uni?

I'm In block L :smile: I've got an en suite which was my top priority tbh, I suppose your never gonna get it all!

Yes I also read that, it must be a longer route or something!
Original post by rosiekwallis
Does this mean we're near one another? I can't make heads or tails of the numbers/letters? is 69 the number and d the floor or something else?

also, thanks for the suggestion about the price, looks like i'm ensuite as i just about fall into the ensuite bracket -- mine comes out to about 112.70 per week, and ensuite is 113-128, with standard being 103-107, so fingers crossed!!

I think it means we're on the same floor and the letter's the room number. That makes the most sense to me
Original post by rosiekwallis

Me!! Block C, 082F :smile:
Name: Michael McDermott
Course: Theoretical Physics
Required grades: AAB
Achieved grades: A*AB (maths, physics, chemistry respectively)

ive applied to the tannery. tryna get to know as many peole before freshers so it the best freshers i will have! anybody feel free to inbox me. men. women. transexual. anyone haha, want to make uni an unforgettable experience.

p.s. dont let theoretical physics assume socially retarded :tongue:
Does Leeds accomodation come with insurance?
Original post by latextoa
I applied for Charles Morris since it is much closer to Worsley Building which I will be studied. Did they offer you an ensuite?

Yes they've offered me an ensuite, what about you? I'm worried about how far Oxley is from campus :s-smilie:

I'm very worried about how far Oxley is from campus and the city too! I had location as my top preference as well.
Original post by Helenmm
I applied for Henry price, you? No idea, it should come in about a week or two hopefully :smile:

same :smile: im kinda worried that my maintenance loan isnt going to be enough for the rent :s-smilie:
Anybody know much about Oxley or have travelled the distance to uni. Im also curious as to which floor im on, anyone know how to work that out from the room number? :smile: :smile:
Reply 1513

I got Oxley too, will be living at Oxley House. However, my preferred choice was Henry Price Building. I'm worried about the distance to campus too. Guess I'll need to get a student discount bus pass.
Reply 1514
Anybody know much about Oxley or have travelled the distance to uni. Im also curious as to which floor im on, anyone know how to work that out from the room number? :smile: :smile:

Apparently I read on student room to university that it'll take 40 minutes to walk and 10-25 minutes on the bus depending on the traffic. I was disappointed with my accommodation at first, but thinking about it now I don't think it'll be that bad.
Reply 1515
I'll be staying at Oxley Residences, Oxley house and I will need to buy a bus pass. Can someone please explain to me the different boundaries. What is the Green boundary?
Whats the difference between Firstterm Green term 3 and Firstterm student?
Where would I need to buy the bus pass from?
I'm from London so I'm a bit confused.

I THINK it means that if you had say room number A2.25 that would mean you are in block A, Second floor, Flat 2, Room 5. I hope this is right!
Reply 1517
Original post by slwhat88

What block are you in?
I'm in Oxley too, block A :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone staying on Headingley Campus, Carnegie Village, Swale Cluster Flats?
Reply 1519
Original post by latextoa
I applied for Charles Morris since it is much closer to Worsley Building which I will be studied. Did they offer you an ensuite?

Hey i'm im Oxley Residences too, block K1.23, where are you? I applied for the Tannery because my course is based in the Worsley building too and it's much closer!! What is your course? x

Quick Reply

Latest