The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else commuting, or know people who are?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I'm a little confused about my timetable..
For example, it has the same lecture for the same module several times on two different days on the same weeks, and it says "Alternative times" next to it. Does that mean I only go to one of them? :confused:
Original post by frangoddard
I have to take the maths for chemists course in sem 1, which has prevented me taking geog electives which i wanted, and my timetable prevented me taking the food science alcoholic beverage elective, which I had my heart set on as an alternative, so i have ended up taking colour science photography module.
absolutely gutted, but at least i'm not taking the borefest that careers for chemists looks like :biggrin:

I wanted to do History electives but all 9 of the ones I wanted to do had been filled up by the time I got there :cry:
Original post by shelley_tj
I'm in oxley block m! M1.13 :smile:

Yey, Hello! Im M1.24 so I think we are on the same floor but different flats, if you check out this facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Oxley-Residences-2012-2013/260648407381504 I think there is someone on there thats in your flat if you scroll down!! :smile:
Original post by antipathyx
I'm a little confused about my timetable..
For example, it has the same lecture for the same module several times on two different days on the same weeks, and it says "Alternative times" next to it. Does that mean I only go to one of them? :confused:

The alternative times are for practical sessions, right?
So I guess it is either because they might split you in groups, or these might be other alternative times that you can use the computer labs for example in order to finish an assignment :biggrin:
Original post by Obsidian
I wanted to do History electives but all 9 of the ones I wanted to do had been filled up by the time I got there :cry:

at least you could have done the one you wanted though!
i was so limited. the brewing one was right in the middle of a bumper laboratory session, i will be in there dreaming of beer and wine!
i was considering languages as well, but the 2 i would have done (carry on from GCSE spanish or german) only had a few spaces left, so i thought i better leave them for someone who really wants to do it :P
Original post by alexkol
The alternative times are for practical sessions, right?
So I guess it is either because they might split you in groups, or these might be other alternative times that you can use the computer labs for example in order to finish an assignment :biggrin:

I see! :biggrin:
Some are for practical sessions, but a few of the lectures and seminars have alternative times, too! For example, some things on my timetables clash, but if I were to attend an alternative time for particular slots, they wouldn't clash. I was just guessing it was to avoid clashes?
Original post by antipathyx
I see! :biggrin:
Some are for practical sessions, but a few of the lectures and seminars have alternative times, too! For example, some things on my timetables clash, but if I were to attend an alternative time for particular slots, they wouldn't clash. I was just guessing it was to avoid clashes?

I don't think so :tongue:
W8 until the 7th of Sept, when it will be finalized and we will see it again, as I have similar problems :tongue:
What's the direct link for registering with a doctor?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dee Leigh
What's the direct link for registering with a doctor?

It should come up when you register online for the university.
Original post by frangoddard
I have to take the maths for chemists course in sem 1, which has prevented me taking geog electives which i wanted, and my timetable prevented me taking the food science alcoholic beverage elective, which I had my heart set on as an alternative, so i have ended up taking colour science photography module.
absolutely gutted, but at least i'm not taking the borefest that careers for chemists looks like :biggrin:

Yea I'm taking that too. The beer and wine elective was actually the only one I like the sound of, but I still haven't decided.
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
Yea I'm taking that too. The beer and wine elective was actually the only one I like the sound of, but I still haven't decided.

Are you another chemist then? :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9070
Can somebody help me? I'm trying to enrol online for my history electives, and it says I have to take 40 credits of electives. It is only showing two possibles electives for me to take, 20 credits each, but one says it is only taught in semester 2 -- is it 40 credits over the whole year, or have I just missed a whole load of other optional electives for history that filled up this morning? Anyone else this confused over enrolling, or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :biggrin:
Original post by rosiekwallis
Can somebody help me? I'm trying to enrol online for my history electives, and it says I have to take 40 credits of electives. It is only showing two possibles electives for me to take, 20 credits each, but one says it is only taught in semester 2 -- is it 40 credits over the whole year, or have I just missed a whole load of other optional electives for history that filled up this morning? Anyone else this confused over enrolling, or am I missing something obvious? Any help would be much appreciated!!! :biggrin:

Your modules of the whole year need to add up to 120. Does that help you? Do you curently have 80 credits?
Original post by alexkol
Your modules of the whole year need to add up to 120. Does that help you? Do you curently have 80 credits?

Yes, I have 80 credits, I think I've figured it out now, had to get my mum to help me figure it out haha :colondollar: I've enrolled for my electives for both semester 1 and semester 2, so hopefully it's all sorted now! Thanks for your help :smile:
How is everyone doing this!! Don't understand this enrolling for modules thing, where do you do it, I thought you enrolled for them when you got to uni or they signed you up for the necessary ones :s-smilie:
Original post by rockdust :)
How is everyone doing this!! Don't understand this enrolling for modules thing, where do you do it, I thought you enrolled for them when you got to uni or they signed you up for the necessary ones :s-smilie:

Ok, in the portal there is a tab student service and admin, then on the left you press log me into student service and then there is another tab called Modules/Timetable and then you select Module Enrollment and that's it :biggrin:
Original post by alexkol
Ok, in the portal there is a tab student service and admin, then on the left you press log me into student service and then there is another tab called Modules/Timetable and then you select Module Enrollment and that's it :biggrin:

You are a gem.

And I need a better brain if I'm already stuck at the module enrollment. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!
Reply 1598
Hi guys I'm doing biological sciences but on the module enrolment/electives I have 10 credits left for semester 2 and it says I have between 0 and 10 credits so I'm not sure do I actually need to pick anything?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kevin s
Hi guys I'm doing biological sciences but on the module enrolment/electives I have 10 credits left for semester 2 and it says I have between 0 and 10 credits so I'm not sure do I actually need to pick anything?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well, if your whole year's credits don't add up to 120, then you have to enroll in some electives :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest