Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for Economics and Politics! :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Gales
Got my course changed today, now holding and offer for Spanish and Russian :biggrin:

What was the course before? Are you going to firm?
Original post by Gales
Got my course changed today, now holding and offer for Spanish and Russian :biggrin:

congrats! :h: поздравляю ahah tell me if you need some practice :biggrin:
Reply 1583
Original post by 1platinum
What was the course before? Are you going to firm?

French and Spanish. I don't know yet, need to email UCL to change to Spanish and Russian too. Probably firm UCL and insure Edinburgh. :biggrin:

Original post by Annie-Bananie
congrats! :h: поздравляю ahah tell me if you need some practice :biggrin:

Spasibo! (no Russian keyboard :frown:). Will do! Good luck with your offer.
Reply 1584
My offer for MA French and Spanish just went down from AAA to AAB, and I'm very happy about this, but a bit confused. I thought that once a university had given you an offer that was it and they couldn't change it. The neurotic part of me's a bit afraid it might go back up. Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by likeanexorcism

Maybe I'm being silly but now I'm starting to doubt the offer and wondering if it is significantly easier to get in this year as applications have gone down

Applications to Edinburgh this year are up on last year.
Original post by Ecaudate
My offer for MA French and Spanish just went down from AAA to AAB, and I'm very happy about this, but a bit confused. I thought that once a university had given you an offer that was it and they couldn't change it. The neurotic part of me's a bit afraid it might go back up. Has this happened to anyone else?

My offer went from AAB to BBB yesterday, and it's happened to another language person :biggrin: it's a bit unexpected and unusual really! but so so happy :biggrin:
Original post by Gales

aww yay well done!! same conditions?
Congratulations to everybody with an offer! (Too many to quote.) Edinburgh is a great place.:smile:
Reply 1589
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Applications to Edinburgh this year are up on last year.

***K
Reply 1590
Original post by kayleigh.jean
aww yay well done!! same conditions?

Yup! I'll have to contact UCL after I've received my offer via track too. :biggrin:
Well done on the lower offer! :biggrin:
Reply 1591
Still got no offer after 3months.
Just got a conditional offer for Edinburgh to do English Language (BBB) I wasn't really bothered about Edinburgh until I got the offer and got really excited! Now I don't know where I want to go! :confused: :biggrin:
Original post by Gales
Yup! I'll have to contact UCL after I've received my offer via track too. :biggrin:
Well done on the lower offer! :biggrin:

that's good!! hope that goes well, have you visited UCL yet?
Reply 1594
Original post by einstein123
Hmm yeah your right, but how long does it take to update on traqck after recieving an offer through myed?

My UCAS updated 4 minutes after MyEd according to the e-mails :smile: And yet i managed to see the e-mail from MyEd first, then log in on MyEd, go back to my e-mail inbox and then receive the message from UCAS... Who's obsessively refreshing their inbox, not me :colondollar:
Not seen any home physics offers yet, and the first open day for people who have received offers is a week tomorrow.:rolleyes:
Reply 1596
that's good!! hope that goes well, have you visited UCL yet?

Going on 29th! Booked for the Edinburgh open day today too :woo:
Original post by Gales
Going on 29th! Booked for the Edinburgh open day today too :woo:

ooh have fun :biggrin: same! April?
Original post by BiscuitTin
Just going to add myself to list of nervous waiters!

I'm applying for History and English joint honours.....
Has anyone got an offer for History?
I haven't seen any of them yet although there does seem to be some English lit ones floating around. I'm on the 'your application is pending our decision' stage. Its so frustrating as I'm sure you all know!

I got an offer for joint History and English on the 13th Feb, so hopefully you'll hear sometime soon :smile:
Reply 1599
My offer went from AAB to BBB yesterday, and it's happened to another language person :biggrin: it's a bit unexpected and unusual really! but so so happy :biggrin:

Well now you've said that I'm hoping mine might go from AAB to BBB! Congratulations anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending