The Student Room Group

I feel so lonely.

xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I had a similar situation, I moved from Exeter to London when I graduated for work and none of my friends from secondary school/first year uni and friends from my course/societies live outside the south west and so I had to make new friends here to go out with and hang about so I wouldn't go crazy. I found the best way to do this was to go out alone and do things that I wanted to do in my free time (go to gym/swimming, go to good bar with live music/comedy). Since arriving I have met a really good friend at the gym who I now meet basically everyday and he introduced me to his group of mates.
Staring at their profiles won't make you feel any better, nor will it help your social life

Why are you not invited to these parties that they go to? Surely if they're your friends they will do things with you

It wouldn't hurt to talk to your friends about why you feel like this - maybe they'll invite you to gatherings and you can expand your social circle

Also, most young people have up and down relationships with their parents, so you're not alone, but you should think about why you fall out with them and is it really worth it. I used to be quite moody around mine, but I was still happier in their company than most other people's
You need to stop feeling lonely. When I feel lonely, I stop feeling lonely and be awesome instead.
Just wanted you to know that I feel exactly the same way. Consider deleting facebook? Ive contemplated it a few times now because I know its no good for me to be browsing other peoples lives on there.. but I also use it for my uni course so going off would be problematic. I make it sound like a drug! I guess in a way it is..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending