The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes I wish I'd never taken Drama...but then I realise the alternative was R.E. and suddenly Drama doesn't seem so bad:tongue:
Reply 781
If I'd have known that we had to do a functional ICT lesson a week and the opportunity to complete the ECDL in year 11 (only student in the year that's completed it, go me) then I definitely would not have taken ICT GCSE, it's such a waste of time!
Reply 782
Do you think I can drop Geography now? My teacher is seriously mean to me.
Triple science. It wasn't even an "option" as such, you could consider it as extra curricular as I learnt it all after school, two of the exams are next week and what I would do to turn back time and never choose to do it.
I don't regret any of my options. I think ICT is boring, a waste of time, and overall a crap GCSE, but I don't regret taking it because after taking French, History and Geography, I only had creative/performing arts options (which I did not want to do because I'm awful at them) and other crap options such as Media or Business. And in any case, at least it requires no effort.
Reply 785
I regret taking Music.... don't get me wrong I love both the practical and theoretic aspects of music but my teachers were so dull :s-smilie:
Reply 786
Original post by ergo30
Drama.....Fun but sooo difficult to get an A or A* :frown:

Did you just start it?
Some assessments are harder than others.
Reply 787
Definitely PE ... I'm fine with the theory but my practical grades were so bad that I need to get an A* in the exam just to scrape an A.

Also Economics, my teacher just recites things off the board and gets us to copy... my exam is in 3 days and I have no idea.
I hate German but I cant really regret taking it since we are forced to take a language.
Reply 789
Yes, French. Never gonna need it and a waste of time. Probably get like a B or something too.
Reply 790
Probably Latin. Did it as an extra-curricular for no reason...
Reply 791
Original post by Flabber
Did you just start it?
Some assessments are harder than others.

In year 10, so yeah just started it. :biggrin:
I regret taking Geography simply because there's alot to learn and its really boring. Also the case studies are piss take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 793
I regret taking History. Its so long and boring and our class is practically failing the exams even tho we hav clever students becoz we have such a crap teacher who we hate-_- i wud probs change history to french or RE coz i was really good at them in yr 9. Now in yr 11, i fully regret history. No hesitation. If i had a diff. teacher i wud most probs like it more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I regret choosing business studies big time >_< I should have done health and social care ;( I'm in yr 11 tho and it's last week of this course so can't do anything now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

The school i go to is terrible. I was made to pick graphics and it's the worst ever subject. It might just be that this school is bad but in general graphics is basically the equivalent of torture.
I chose Spanish, Psychology, Resistant Materials and History and I wish I'd done either R.S or Sociology instead of Resistant Materials
i regret picking sociology at GCSE. It seriously sucked and i only came out with a C.
Reply 798
Drama is THE WORST! So hard to get high grades.
Chose music because I enjoyed playing the piano, never realised it would be the hardest thing ever. The theory side of it was just awful.

Somehow, miraculously I came out with an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest