The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

French, the only B I got :angry:
Reply 981
YES, I chose AS government and Politics instead of Further maths which I regret because further maths helps you with gcse higher maths however gov and pol is really hard and basically adds on to your stress.
Geography is so boring, can't wait to give it up. Wish I took something else like DT Electronics maybe or Music.
Original post by JKGB
Geography.

We also had to take a GCSE short course called Life, which was basically supposed to set you up for working life (had to write a CV, do a mock interview etc) and it was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen, even worse, some people failed it, thus giving them the reputation of being one of the kids who "failed Life".

Lol!
Wait till you guys start your a levels , hah :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monica555
Wait till you guys start your a levels , hah :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

This haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
french is awful. im in year 10. its too late to change do my favourite subject drama. im good at drama and i love it. i have no idea why i didnt take it or why i didn't change soon enough! ITS SOO ANNOYING. NEVER GUNNA BE ABLE TO FORGOT WHAT A MAJOR MISTAKE THAT WAS!
I wish I had taken Triple science and History instead of business and p.e
Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

Nope I'm pretty pleased with the subjects I'm doing atm:
Triple Science
Geography
French
Islamic studies (religious studies)
Art
ICT
etc
Reply 990
I took French, History, religious studies, triple science and law. I really regret GCSE Law. It was truly boring for me and it was my worst grade (I am at college now).
For my options I took Geography and Sociology. Sociology was the worst choice, if I had a good memory I would have taken something decent like History. At the time I didn't really care about school and thought it would be a doss subject, but it is so boring, and there's so much to remember - its ridiculous. I'm preparing for it to be my worst grade, I got a B in my mock but I don't know how, I'm expecting a C or a D and I don't know what to do. It's hard remembering all the boring stuff you learn, I have literally not been interested by a single thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 992
Original post by Deziah
I'm in year eleven, and pretty much everyone I know regrets at least one of their subjects if not all. So, I'm just curious to know if any of you do/did. :smile:

I regret picking GCSE French, I only picked it because my school hyped over the E-Bac and I've been hearing that it doesn't even count towards anything anymore.
Reply 993
I regret taking IGCSE Art as its stressed me out way too much to the point that i had constant headaches. I then went to the doctor who advised me eliminate the stress so the headaches could go away. So i dropped it in November (Year 11) :smile:

Best decision i made, my life is so much easier (and less stressful) now and i can actually focus on my other subject now!.
I hated history so much! I found it so depressing learning about nothing but wars. The coursework on the different tanks of WW1 was the most boing lessons I have ever had! I wish I had taken media as I would have loved to work for a radio or TV station.
yeah food tech was a complete waste of time and money!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I regret taking geography and French. Only took it because of the E-bac (English baccalaureate). But it doesn't even exist any more and I am lumped with those subjects :-(
music..... god I hate it...
Reply 998
Oh French, you misleadingly easy son of a b***h...
ICT...

Latest