The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2012!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Applied for History and Historical Archaeology! (:

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAABBBC

AS: AAAA (History, English Literature, Art, General Studies)

A2 predictions: AAAA*

Reasons for choosing York:
Beautiful city, train-ride away from home, know other people who go/have been there and loved it, History department has a good reputation and the University itself apparently has "as good as reputation as Oxbridge".

Other choices: Hull for History and American Studies & History, Nottingham for Archaeology & Classical Civilisation
(edited 12 years ago)
University of York
York
Reply 381
Original post by ikenna
Hi, did u get any replay? i'veapplied to york, exeter and RH...but i didnt get any replay

Do you mean any replies? If so I have an offer from royal holloway and sheffield!
Just got an offer of AAB from York for English Language and Linguistics!! So happy!!!! :biggrin:
Got a letter today for an interview for Maths with Computer Science but had to ask them to arrange something else as I cannot afford to travel up to York and I can't get the time off work, so they are going do a telephone interview instead.
Reply 384
Just got an AAA offer for English Literature :biggrin:
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAC
A Level: AAAB (History, Maths, RS, Physics)
Predicted: n/a
Why: Love course and city and everyone I know who has gone has loved it.
Course: Philosophy
Other Unis: Durham, St Andrews, Lancaster, Edinburgh...not heard anything yet :s

Also.. anyone who has an offer from York (or any of the above list!), did you get letters before track changed??

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mike101

Original post by mike101
Me too :biggrin:

Doesn't say if its conditional or not, got to wait for UCAS

Yorks my first choice whatever the criteria, just so happy to get it!

Do you have your grades already? Doesn't it have to be conditional unless you have the grades? :redface:)
Original post by asdcas93

Original post by asdcas93
Sending off my UCAS on Monday, pretty torn on whether it's worth applying to York...
I want to do English with Philosophy, with predicted AAAB, got AAAA at A level, A*A*AAABBBBC at GCSE. Honestly, do you think i'll cut the mustard?

Yes :redface:)
Original post by Hazletts

Original post by Hazletts
GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAAA
AS: AAAB (History, Religious Studies, Psychology, Biology)
A2 predictions: A*AAB
Course: Philosophy Single Honours
Why: good reputation for Philosophy, plus assessed mainly by coursework
Choices: York, Sheffield, Nottingham, St Andrews, Leeds

Oooo i'm Philosophy too and applying for St Andrews also! Any offers yet?? x
Reply 389
Original post by Hananabanana
Do you have your grades already? Doesn't it have to be conditional unless you have the grades? :redface:)

Sort of, well I did my A Levels in 2008 but they dont quite meet the requirements.

I'm currently half way through my Higher National though, which they may require a distinction overall in.

Maybe not though, since I have already completed the units relevant to CS (i.e. maths) with distinction grades. The admissions tutor said it might be unconditional but couldn't say anything for certain.
Original post by izzie.
hey :smile: i have my predicted grades but im hoping to exceed them :smile: hows about you?

ps. got my first interview in post today! for Hull though, not York, although I'm still very happy!!! :smile:

I have my grades, I took a gap year last year then dropped out of the university I went to this year a couple of weeks ago.

Well done and good luck in your interview! I got an unconditional offer from Sheffield, then it changed to unsuccessful! But I called them and they said it was a mistake and changed it back :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by sarahwarahbarah
I have my grades, I took a gap year last year then dropped out of the university I went to this year a couple of weeks ago.

Well done and good luck in your interview! I got an unconditional offer from Sheffield, then it changed to unsuccessful! But I called them and they said it was a mistake and changed it back :smile:

Haha, thankyou :smile:

Ah right, which uni have u dropped out of? were you doing primary teaching there? :smile:

bet that was shock when sheffield did that!? congratulations on your offer though! xx
Original post by izzie.
Haha, thankyou :smile:

Ah right, which uni have u dropped out of? were you doing primary teaching there? :smile:

bet that was shock when sheffield did that!? congratulations on your offer though! xx

No I was doing History at Kent. It just wasn't for me, I picked the wrong course. I always planned to teach, and Education looks a lot more interesting to me :smile: My fault for not doing enough research in the first place!
Similarly to Bristol, I'm becoming paranoid about the offers people are beginning to get. York will no doubt be my first choice - I won't be able to rest easy until I at least hear back from them, haha.

Course: Psychology (C800)
Choices: Bath, Bristol, Portsmouth, Warwick + York
Predicted Grades: A*AB
Reply 394
Original post by Hananabanana

Also.. anyone who has an offer from York (or any of the above list!), did you get letters before track changed??

Thanks!

I did yes, got my letter two days ago and track hasn't updated yet.
Reply 395
Anyone received a conditional offer for Economics yet? Anyone know when they will be giving them out?
Reply 396
Original post by sarahwarahbarah
No I was doing History at Kent. It just wasn't for me, I picked the wrong course. I always planned to teach, and Education looks a lot more interesting to me :smile: My fault for not doing enough research in the first place!

ah right, at least you're on the right road now :smile: (or heading that way lol) :smile: xx
Reply 397
Original post by FDR
Anyone received a conditional offer for Economics yet? Anyone know when they will be giving them out?

I don't thikn anyone has.. I'm wondering when the first batch came out last year
Just got an offer for English Literature!
Original post by izzie.
ah right, at least you're on the right road now :smile: (or heading that way lol) :smile: xx

So is your preference for the primary teaching degrees you've gone for or the education ones?

Quick Reply

Latest