The Student Room Group

Someone talking to you and their breath smells!

Yeah, what do you guys do in this situation? And do you have any particular funny stories or experiences regarding this? If so share it.

Scroll to see replies

My careers advisor had the worst breath EVER, and was missing about 5 teeth. Would have been bearable if he didn't talk like two inches away from your face.

The best thing you can do is angle yourself in a slightly different direction. Or not breathe in through your nose which might look slightly less suspicious.
Reply 2
I always carry gum, that way your safe and you can offer to others!
I get my tic tacs out and shake them in their face.

Get the hint ya?
Reply 4
You politely ask them to stop breathing in your direction.
Reply 5
Buy them mouthwash.
Reply 6
If you knew them well tell them, it would be the best best thing for both of you. If you don't know them, don't get to.
Reply 7
Every ****ing lecture, there's always one. Even if I can't be arsed to have a shower, I'll still brush my teeth to avoid the embarrassment of being them.
My Gran has this thing where she leans right towards me when she talks to me so nobody else can be included in the conversation. Her breath reeks. It's disgusting and I really can't concentrate on what she's saying until I lean away a bit, which probably looks rude and disrespectful.

I deal with it by always having an excuse to get a bit of distance, generally by getting her a drink or something to eat to disguise it. "Before we talk would you like me to make you a cup of tea?" etc :biggrin:
Reply 9
My driving instructor had stale coffee breath :/ It wasnt a one time thing, it was every friking lesson. I couldnt even open the window because it was too cold. I switched instructors shortly after. (Not because of his breath, but because after my constant failures i think it was the best thing to do, i seriously fked up his pass rate)
Reply 10
I'm just totally honest all the time, maybe too blunt sometimes

but I mean if it was me I would appreciate if someone let me know such a thing, it's the kind of thing you would want to know otherwise you can't sort it out and everyone you meet will have the same reaction

really if you think about it, it would just be mean to not tell them :smile:
Please refer them to "farting in your sleep" thread. There are excellent advice right on in there.
Original post by Ice Constricter
Yeah, what do you guys do in this situation? And do you have any particular funny stories or experiences regarding this? If so share it.

Well there was this boy in my school who sat next to me and would always talk to me and I would just nod to end the convo quicker but that didn't work unfortunately. BTW his breath was quite erm.. what's the word..? Tangy, zingy, spicy.. makes your left eye twitch.

I learnt to carry peppermint chewing gum with me. He just thought I was being awfully generous by sharing my gum with him every lesson.

:smile:

ewww, i am so annoyed by this.
there was once a guy in my class, he's like talking to me with this smelly breath. i just wonder, how long haven't he brushed his teeth? it's so disgusting!
but you can't show your aversion before his real person, it gonna hurt him. so i just keep a safe distance from him when he talks.

OH! And one time there was this girl who had really nice straight teeth but they were full of gunk and plaque... IN MY SCHOOL.

So one day we were in art class and it was me, her and another girl. I asked the other girl how many times a day she brushes her teeth and she said twice. Then I casually turned to the gunk-teeth girl and asked her how many times a day she brushes her teeth and believe me she said three times (accompanied by a nice gunky smile.)

I was like, sure :cool:
"mate you need to brush your teeth"

I`m not opposed to saying it how it is. If rather someone told me I had awful breath then not.
Original post by Sam Walters
"mate you need to brush your teeth"

I`m not opposed to saying it how it is. If rather someone told me I had awful breath then not.

Sometimes bad breath isn't due to oral hygiene related issues but some digestive related.
Original post by Erich Hartmann
Sometimes bad breath isn't due to oral hygiene related issues but some digestive related.

Those biscuits arent really that bad they dont taste of much other biscuits are worse for example Foxs Walnut creams
Reply 18
my sister and girlfriend have bad morning breath. I just tell them they ****ing stink!

I always carry mints round with me anyway so if its someone I dont know well enough to be rude to il just take one myself and then offer one, first with casual innocence, and then with hinting persistence
Original post by Clez
my sister and girlfriend have bad morning breath. I just tell them they ****ing stink!

U sleep with your sister?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending