The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Everyone applying for mechanical engineering to imperial come here plz

Well I am just wondering if anyone has got any news about there interviews or offers? My application was sent for consideration at 13th of Oct and I have not got ANYTHING about interviews or offers while ppl in my school who applied on the same day for EEE has got an inerview already!!!!
Any people know about when the M.E department is gonna give out interviews:frown:
U know how it feels like when u think about it......feeling so terrible.....
Also kinda jealous but congratz to the offer holders and ppl who got invitation of interviews from ICL cuz thts kind of offer since almost all ppl went to interviews received offers from ICL:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey im applying for mech aswell and have heard nothing aswell, not even an acknowledgment. However I alsp applied for aero and have an interview in november. My app was processed on the 8th october. Dont worry, im sure well hear something soon. A friend of mine who applied for mech submitted his app in october and had his interview in feb. So it could take some time. Where else are you applying, and have.u gpt any other interviews/ offers? :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I applied to Southampton, Cambridge, Birmingham and Surrey and I received an invitation to openday from surrey at 9th of Nov. Nth else received yet but acknowledgement from each except Southampton
Reply 3
I applied to Imperial for Mechanical Engineering and got acknowledgment. I am waiting for any news and I hope it will not take long.

I applied to Southampton, Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham and Liverpool. Already BB from Liverpool (I got A* in Maths). I hope Imperial will give me an offer or reject me without interview cause I am international student and excursions are expensive lol.
Reply 4
Original post by Dreamester
I applied to Imperial for Mechanical Engineering and got acknowledgment. I am waiting for any news and I hope it will not take long.

I applied to Southampton, Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham and Liverpool. Already BB from Liverpool (I got A* in Maths). I hope Imperial will give me an offer or reject me without interview cause I am international student and excursions are expensive lol.

Congratz for the offer from Liverpool and your choices are quite nice. I don't think Imperial will actually reject anyone who has AS results which are good without an interview. u r one of the good candidates since u ve got an A* LOL.
I received an offer from southampton asking for 2 As ( I got A* in Math as wellxD) recently and invitations of interview days from southampton, surrey and birmingham. I also applied to Imperial and Cambridge and got acknowledgement from both.
Reply 5
Got my interview date :smile:
The expensive train tickets better be worth it :P
Reply 6
Awww so now I'm worried, I didn't hear anything yet :<
Reply 7
Original post by bozzers
Got my interview date :smile:
The expensive train tickets better be worth it :P

Congratz!
When did u process ur application=D? When did ICL tell u about the interview and was it by e-mail or letter?
Reply 8
Awww so now I'm worried, I didn't hear anything yet :<

LOL same here
Reply 9
haven't heard anything either. I'm better my application is already in the bin outside the university lol
Reply 10
Original post by Terrance.D
Congratz!
When did u process ur application=D? When did ICL tell u about the interview and was it by e-mail or letter?

They emailed me on Friday and I got my letter a couple of days later.
I got an email from them on 24/10 telling me they'd received my application, they were the last ones to get back to me saying they'd received it.
Reply 11
damn heard nth from ICL so far..
even cambridge has sent me an invitation for interview 3 days ago.
what is mechanical engineering department of ICL doin?!!!!
Nothing. I think they are seriously going to wait till january.
Original post by ssh19931111
Nothing. I think they are seriously going to wait till january.

That would be the worst 2 months of my entire life, lol. Especially after rejection from Cambridge..
That would be the worst 2 months of my entire life, lol. Especially after rejection from Cambridge..

I'm quite annoyed too... i'm not optimistic on my cambridge application and my realistic target is also imperial.
Reply 15

Guys if u r rejected by cambridge just do not care about that too much=D
and also I dun reli want to wait until January... if the interview is set sometime during the exam weeks that is seriously going to be terrible
Original post by Terrance.D
Guys if u r rejected by cambridge just do not care about that too much=D
and also I dun reli want to wait until January... if the interview is set sometime during the exam weeks that is seriously going to be terrible

It can be worse, like getting a rejection letter on christmas eve. :tongue:

(I'm a bit curious if this has actually happened to anybody)
Reply 17
in fact i ve heard of ppl who applied M.E. to imperial actually got interview recently=S[to be honest i am JEALOUS at those ppl xD]
I wonder if those ppl are incredibly good or just becuz they sent of their application ages before us
If possible could someone who was invited or has been to the interview come and give us some info
about the date u sent of ur application and ur AS results?
Reply 18
rightttt i got some info from a frd studying in abingdon now and he is goin to the interview of mechanical engineering in imperial tmmr!!!
well no point to congratz here cuz he wont be able to see it anyway=P
he sent of his application on oct 3rd which is quite early and got invited on Nov 4th. see tht guys? it means we might still get chance for an interview before January (in my own case i am assuming tht imperial got a large amount of applicants over tht period~)
he is an excellent student who achieved almost full marks in all his AS exam and as an international student he got overall 8 in IELTS
his prediction is 4A*s

err i sent of my application on oct 11 so i think there is a chance to get an interview few days before christmas???
Reply 19
here is another possibility tht imperial pick out the applicants that they think are excellent n they definitely want them in first and then they will start to deal with us who have great talent but not tht excellent in exam or whatever later(might be after christmas then)

so do not worry too much until end of jan or mid-feb~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending