The Student Room Group

Transferring University

Has anyone heard of anyone transferring university to do the same course? or of course been through the process themselves?

Im currently at Aberdeen uni doing biomed and I HATE their course format.

Just lightly looking into the implications of changing to RGU but couldnt find any information on this.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful as I am on my last nerve with Aberdeen uni!!!

Thanks
Reply 1
If you're seriously considering it, I would get in contact with RGU to discuss your chances of being accepted (after giving them all the details you can on your year of study, the modules you've done/are doing, credits gained, module grades, etc) and then if it looks good you'll have to write a PS, get a referee and go through UCAS.
Hiya,
I'm currently doing biomed at Abertay Uni and seriously considering transferring to Aberdeen Uni to do it instead. What is wrong with the Aberdeen course structure??
Reply 3
It is TERRIBLE!!!

Although it sounds great to start with..you have to study all the other disciplines of Biomed in first to third year.

So for example, my discipline is physiology but I have to study Anatomy, Molecular biology and Pharmacology.

When I was applying I thought it would be great but 2 years in and I am now considering an engineering apprenticeship because I hate science so much now.

Are you aware that the course is not accredited? So you have a whole extra year of study to get your degree to the same level as most other uni's?

And also that only about 5 people from each intake get a placement in 4th year?

Quick Reply

Latest