King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Akkuz
Yeah..your SO dramatic..gosh!!

Joking!! :colondollar:

I don't do drama :ninja:

Or do I? :awesome:

I don't even know whether I'm insulting myself or not...I blame end of term for turning me into a nutter :emo:
Reply 101
Original post by adelatolla
received a conditional offer that i maintain a 3.5 GPA until graduation... :smile:) Will be going into the department of war studies, a Msc in intelligence and international security :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! Can I ask when you submitted your application? I am also waiting on the dept of War Studies, different course though, and am wondering how likely it is to get a decision before the Christmas break.

Thanks!
Reply 102
Does anyone know if King's is a key target by companies?

I've heard UCL, oxbridge, LSE etc. is..but is King's?
Original post by sazz123
Congratulations on your offer! Can I ask when you submitted your application? I am also waiting on the dept of War Studies, different course though, and am wondering how likely it is to get a decision before the Christmas break.

Thanks!

I applied in October. It took about 4 weeks. I was actually really surprised as I was expecting King's to take the longest, they were the first I heard from.
And had the least amount of problems with my application!
Reply 104
Original post by Akkuz
Does anyone know if King's is a key target by companies?

I've heard UCL, oxbridge, LSE etc. is..but is King's?

Congratz on the offer mate!

if you are referring to ibanks I can say that KCL is not the main target unis....
Reply 105
Original post by sazz123

Thanks!

I also applied in War Studies and I got a response in 11 days (after both references were in). What course did you apply for?
Reply 106
Original post by vinc10
Congratz on the offer mate!

if you are referring to ibanks I can say that KCL is not the main target unis....

Thank you. By ibanks do you mean investment banking? I definitely do not want to work in a bank! :tongue:
Reply 107
Original post by adelatolla
I applied in October. It took about 4 weeks. I was actually really surprised as I was expecting King's to take the longest, they were the first I heard from.
And had the least amount of problems with my application!

Thanks for the info! I was also quite happy with the online application form - seemed to me like the least hassle of the 4 I did! Cambridge definitely the worst.

Original post by aeterno
I also applied in War Studies and I got a response in 11 days (after both references were in). What course did you apply for?

Thanks also for the info - and that's a quick response - positive I hope for you?

I applied for Conflict, Security and Development. It's been 6 weeks now since my references were in, so I am interested that both of you got much quicker responses. I don't have a first degree in a social science so I am not sure how favourably my app will be considered, although I do have a relevant work history. Let's see!
Reply 108
Original post by sazz123
Thanks also for the info - and that's a quick response - positive I hope for you?

I applied for Conflict, Security and Development. It's been 6 weeks now since my references were in, so I am interested that both of you got much quicker responses. I don't have a first degree in a social science so I am not sure how favourably my app will be considered, although I do have a relevant work history. Let's see!

I really wasn't expecting them to be so quick! And yes, I got an offer :biggrin:

It might work differently for different courses in the dept though (I applied for International Peace & Security) so don't worry too much yet - and yes, if your first degree's in a different subject they might wait until they can compare you to other applicants in the same position but you should still stand a chance if your app is strong. :smile:
Reply 109
Does anyone know if you can still apply for funding via the Graduate School even though you originally stated in the application form that you'll be self funding? Change of circumstances means I'd like to apply but I don't know if I can...
Reply 110
Original post by aeterno
Does anyone know if you can still apply for funding via the Graduate School even though you originally stated in the application form that you'll be self funding? Change of circumstances means I'd like to apply but I don't know if I can...

I'd think that you should be able to, if its within' the deadlines? I'd send them an e-mail and ask!

There is little or no funding for my course :noway: Still hasn't quite sunk in that I got an offer haha, huge jump, reputation-wise from my current university :flip:
Reply 111
Original post by aeterno
I really wasn't expecting them to be so quick! And yes, I got an offer :biggrin:

It might work differently for different courses in the dept though (I applied for International Peace & Security) so don't worry too much yet - and yes, if your first degree's in a different subject they might wait until they can compare you to other applicants in the same position but you should still stand a chance if your app is strong. :smile:

Thanks! I am hoping that no news = good news! But we'll see!
Reply 112
Original post by Akkuz
I'd think that you should be able to, if its within' the deadlines? I'd send them an e-mail and ask!

There is little or no funding for my course :noway: Still hasn't quite sunk in that I got an offer haha, huge jump, reputation-wise from my current university :flip:

I hope so :erm: It's a long shot but I'm hoping I could get something because I'd really rather not take out a bank loan :colondollar:

So do you think you'll probably end up going to King's then? (Depending on what Cambridge say I'm guessing...:biggrin:) If you do, I'll see you there :yep: Let's take over London :ahee: :ninja:

Original post by sazz123
Thanks! I am hoping that no news = good news! But we'll see!

Fingers crossed for you! :biggrin:
Reply 113
Original post by aeterno
I hope so :erm: It's a long shot but I'm hoping I could get something because I'd really rather not take out a bank loan :colondollar:

So do you think you'll probably end up going to King's then? (Depending on what Cambridge say I'm guessing...:biggrin:) If you do, I'll see you there :yep: Let's take over London :ahee: :ninja:

It is a long shot..but there is no harm in trying!! I'm going to have to take a loan to pay around 75% of my fees. Besides that I'm going to try and find some external funding sources, but from what I've research it's very, very bleak (especially for Management). :frown:

I think I will probably end up there..but there is still a probability of imperial/cambridge (albeit tiny), combined with the fact that I don't have a definitive idea of where I want to work, plus the king's deposit deadline (being the main problem), makes for a confused me :cry:

Taking over London, does sound fun though:awesome:
Reply 114
Original post by Akkuz
It is a long shot..but there is no harm in trying!! I'm going to have to take a loan to pay around 75% of my fees. Besides that I'm going to try and find some external funding sources, but from what I've research it's very, very bleak (especially for Management). :frown:

I think I will probably end up there..but there is still a probability of imperial/cambridge (albeit tiny), combined with the fact that I don't have a definitive idea of where I want to work, plus the king's deposit deadline (being the main problem), makes for a confused me :cry:

Taking over London, does sound fun though:awesome:

Have you had a look at studentcashpoint? Lists all funding available - you might find something there :yep:

Ohh :frown: Screw Cambridge and come to London :colone: (I'll let you off for Imperial...maybe :colonhash:) ...:ninja: Nah, I'm kidding, let's hope Cambridge/Imperial get back to you soon so you know what your options are at least :yep:
Reply 115
Original post by aeterno
Have you had a look at studentcashpoint? Lists all funding available - you might find something there :yep:

Ohh :frown: Screw Cambridge and come to London :colone: (I'll let you off for Imperial...maybe :colonhash:) ...:ninja: Nah, I'm kidding, let's hope Cambridge/Imperial get back to you soon so you know what your options are at least :yep:

Not had a look on there, but I have extensively researched some other sites. Pretty much no funding for business/management..I think it's because they know people are probably going to be well off, after this sort of degree.:pimp:

Are you definitely heading to KCL? :biggrin: Cambridge take ages to reply! :colonhash: I have a 1 in 5 chance..quite a decent probability, but I have a feeling I won't get in because of something I wrote in my PS :^_^:
Reply 116
Original post by Akkuz
Not had a look on there, but I have extensively researched some other sites. Pretty much no funding for business/management..I think it's because they know people are probably going to be well off, after this sort of degree.:pimp:

Are you definitely heading to KCL? :biggrin: Cambridge take ages to reply! :colonhash: I have a 1 in 5 chance..quite a decent probability, but I have a feeling I won't get in because of something I wrote in my PS :^_^:

Yeah but if you're the son of a freemason you could get money from the Masonic Trust (or something) :colone: Any degree will do :awesome: ...ok there's the slight problem where you may not be the son of a freemason but...yeah :ninja: Alternatively, rob a bank. If you get caught, say it's payback time :colonhash:

Most likely, yes :biggrin: Mainly because their War Studies dept is awesome and totally beats UCL in that respect :awesome: If it helps, I wrote in PS 'I never really wanted to do this degree to begin with but now I think, hey, I might as well. I kinda like it!' ...well, more sophisticated than that but you get the gist. I sent that to all of them :ahee: I also ripped apart the theories of a few academics (one of whom teaches at KCL :ninja:) ...I still don't why I chose to send off my apps in a sleep-deprived state :sigh:
Reply 117
Original post by aeterno
Yeah but if you're the son of a freemason you could get money from the Masonic Trust (or something) :colone: Any degree will do :awesome: ...ok there's the slight problem where you may not be the son of a freemason but...yeah :ninja: Alternatively, rob a bank. If you get caught, say it's payback time :colonhash:

Most likely, yes :biggrin: Mainly because their War Studies dept is awesome and totally beats UCL in that respect :awesome: If it helps, I wrote in PS 'I never really wanted to do this degree to begin with but now I think, hey, I might as well. I kinda like it!' ...well, more sophisticated than that but you get the gist. I sent that to all of them :ahee: I also ripped apart the theories of a few academics (one of whom teaches at KCL :ninja:) ...I still don't why I chose to send off my apps in a sleep-deprived state :sigh:

I wish I was the son of a freemason :awesome: I could finish my masters behind bars? :ahee:

I've heard War Studies at KCL is world-reknown? A lot of top political figures have come outta KCL? Haha, I think they appreciated your honesty!! :thumbsup: I wasn't that explicit..lol :tongue:
Reply 118
Original post by Akkuz
I wish I was the son of a freemason :awesome: I could finish my masters behind bars? :ahee:

I've heard War Studies at KCL is world-reknown? A lot of top political figures have come outta KCL? Haha, I think they appreciated your honesty!! :thumbsup: I wasn't that explicit..lol :tongue:

That would be so cool, right? :awesome: Well, Nelson Mandela studied behind bars :colone:

Yep, it's pretty famous :yep: They work together with a lot of places like Chatham House, RUSI, FCO, UN, NATO and different security and defence institutes. Think of all the networking I can do :ahee: :colone: Thus begins my desperate attempt at bribing those contacts for jobs :ninja: Maybe they just want the opportunity to rip me apart in person :tongue: In which case...yeah, I'll deal with that :colone:
Reply 119
Original post by aeterno
That would be so cool, right? :awesome: Well, Nelson Mandela studied behind bars :colone:

Yep, it's pretty famous :yep: They work together with a lot of places like Chatham House, RUSI, FCO, UN, NATO and different security and defence institutes. Think of all the networking I can do :ahee: :colone: Thus begins my desperate attempt at bribing those contacts for jobs :ninja: Maybe they just want the opportunity to rip me apart in person :tongue: In which case...yeah, I'll deal with that :colone:

With your NATO links, combined bribery skills and my management
of this "project", we could create an organisation to achieve world domination :ahee: :lockstock:. I think one of my modules on this course is 'International Business Negotiations', could come in handy! :tongue:

Negotiate with them..if they get to rip you apart, they should give you a distinction in return! :banana2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending