The Student Room Group

Would you be surprised if a 20yr old female had only slept with 1 person?

Scroll to see replies

I would agree, it is both a surprise and an impressive thing to hear, girls who have just slept with one or zero people, but how come the same doesn't apply to guys? How come girls are considered sluts if they sleep with more than one person whereas men get away with it?

Edit: whoever negged me for pleading for women's rights, shame on you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Its definately not the 'norm' but isn't a suprise to me as im 19 and have only slept with one person (my current boyfriend of 4 years)
Though i wouldnt even consider marriage until iv finished uni and in a stable job.
Too many people get married and have children too young, recently a facebook friend broke up with the girl who he was married to and had a 1yr old kid with (hes 19 also).
Reply 22
Why do people always fail to spot the irony in my posts? The less people girl slept with the more respect I have for her, even better if she slept with no one.
Reply 23
Original post by Miza
Why do people always fail to spot the irony in my posts? The less people girl slept with the more respect I have for her, even better if she slept with no one.

So you respect a women less because she has had sex with someone? Why? :lolwut:
No, it wouldn't surprise me. I lost my virginity at 20 but that's far from the reason. I'm actually crazy enough not to give a damn about how many people anyone sleeps with. I'm also having a hard time understanding those who go on "ohh I would be impressed, it'd make me respect you more, bla-bla". I wouldn't think less of you if you've slept with 100, I wouldn't think more of you if you're a virgin, nor the other way around. That's just not what I base my judgments on, not some plain numbers themselves. I hold that a person's sexual life is a result of many circumstances of all different kinds and not taking them into account is what would be the truly immature and ignorant thing to do.
Original post by meenu89
I'm 22 and only slept with one person; the man who became my husband.

You really do post this whenever you have the chance, don't you? You might be excessively proud of it, but I don't think many people care.
Reply 26
Original post by alawhisp
So you respect a women less because she has had sex with someone? Why? :lolwut:

Because guys don't like to have a girlfriend who had many random dicks inside her? That's not just my view, that's view of 95% of intelligent people who live outside Britain, and even some inside.
Reply 27
Original post by Miza
Because guys don't like to have a girlfriend who had many random dicks inside her? That's not just my view, that's view of 95% of intelligent people who live outside Britain, and even some inside.

Many random dicks? I said "had sex with someone", that is singular, not plural. It's not particularly realistic to hunt for a virgin these days, unless your target market is 14 year olds/religious people.
Reply 28
Many random dicks? I said "had sex with someone", that is singular, not plural. It's not particularly realistic to hunt for a virgin these days, unless your target market is 14 year olds/religious people.

True, but 50 years ago it wasn't like that, that's why I said less people girl slept with the better.
Reply 29
Original post by Miza
True, but 50 years ago it wasn't like that, that's why I said less people girl slept with the better.

Pointless referencing history. Many many years ago, people were getting married at 14. The youngest pregnancy on record (a 5 year old) was in 1939.

50 years ago, it was the 60s.. The decade of free love.. Come on, are you kidding me with that argument?
Depends on fugly level.
Reply 31
Pointless referencing history. Many many years ago, people were getting married at 14. The youngest pregnancy on record (a 5 year old) was in 1939.

50 years ago, it was the 60s.. The decade of free love.. Come on, are you kidding me with that argument?

Whatever, most guys don't like girls who shagged around, I stand by that.
Reply 32
Original post by Miza
Whatever, most guys don't like girls who shagged around, I stand by that.

Well, as long as the man holds himself to the same standards about sleeping around, all is well. I can't stand hypocrites. :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by racecar
This. Most girls these days are subtle slags.

Subtle?...
It's not odd at all!!! What is this society coming to?????

There are millions of women out there who are in their 20 s and virgins and are living perfectly normal lives.
Reply 35
Original post by meenu89
I'm 22 and only slept with one person; the man who became my husband.

That's so sad...*hug*
Reply 36
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Married at 22... how depressing.

I'm getting married at 21 :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Original post by Miza

Sure, 70% of the world thinks like that.

But we're the other 30%. You know, the ones who actually have education and are open minded. The countries that managed to come out of the dark ages.

Not being a virgin here is a non issue, but if you come from a backwards country that worships the great juju up the mountain, I could see how that may be a problem.

What I don't understand is why people come to the UK and then pass judgement on how immoral we are because we have sex outside marriage, or we don't respect their bull**** customs or traditions.

If you want to live in a cave then go live in a cave and **** off.
Reply 38
very impressed :') good on ya girl, set girls these days are such hoe's :|
no not at all and similar with guys too, ignore the hype most lie on the crazy amount of ppl they sleep with,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending