The Student Room Group

I'm a girl, what hobbies can I take up ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've just taken up sailing (uni society, they provide discounted courses for beginners)
I'd scroll through the list of societies your uni has and see what catches your eye. Alternatively typing voluntary work in your area into google / asking at charity shops is bound to bring something up.
Kickboxing!!!
Original post by daphodil
To be honest your life sounds exactly like mine, but I love it. However I also play football, have a season ticket to watch my team and enjoy video consoles...so I don't tend to have much boy trouble!

I like going to the cinema and stuff too, but other than that I don't have a huge passion for anything really, even my degree! I like to lead a relaxed (lazy) lifestyle so I'm not fussed. I find having a job is good though to fill that time you might otherwise spend doing hobbies, by earning money to buy our shallow things :biggrin:

Definately the job thing! A way to stop boredom whilst also earning money for nice things! :tongue:

Reading is a great hobby, i could spend hours every day reading books :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Psyk
Bare knuckle boxing?

lol quality
Original post by PinkMocassin
Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

You can take up whatever the hell you want.

Take a look through a list of what societies and sports your university has to offer and go along and try out any that sound interesting to you.
How about pole dancing, burlesque or hip hop dancing? I might actually give one of those a go myself when I have some money.
Reply 26
lol the thread title was just asking for sexist comments, all jokes aside though, you should have a look at you uni's societies and clubs and what voulunteering oppurtunities they offer, it may sound abit tedious at first, but you never know you could find yourself doing something that you will carry on for the rest of your life. It also gives you an oppurtunity to meet new people who also have passions and interests that you may have
Reply 27
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
How about pole dancing, burlesque or hip hop dancing? I might actually give one of those a go myself when I have some money.

I think I may have made a terrible mistake...

:biggrin:
Original post by salma25
Kickboxing!!!

I agree!:biggrin:
you could take up archery or horse riding, polocrosse is good too which is like polo but not so expencive :smile:
reading
swimming
football
writing
painting
paint ball
making things
hiking
sewing
netball
learn an instrument (teach yourself guitar)
photography
stone carving
become an inventor
make christmas cards
make cartoons
start drawing
start a blog
cycling

use your imagination! :smile:
Fighting?
Reply 32
Hi,

I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

Learn how to play the guitar, I find it completely refreshing. Much better than sitting around browsing the net. Learn how to play wonderwall!!
Reply 33
Hi,

Dancing. Keeps you fit. Fun. Can enjoy with friends. Desirable skill. Also an achievement :thumbsup:
Original post by Psyk
I think I may have made a terrible mistake...

:biggrin:

Just my attempts at finding a fun new exercise plus trying to find a way to get more confident/sexy :biggrin:
Reply 35
American football.
Hi,

Duuude don't be depressed. There are many things that you could do. Learn a musical instrument or something! Start looking around for activities in your area. Ask your friends what they think you'd be really good at - you;ll be shocked to see what they come up with.
Original post by chou246
This.

Pics please?

Fixed. :ahee:
Reply 39
You could learn to play an instrument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending