The Student Room Group

I'm a girl, what hobbies can I take up ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by anuradha_d
Stalker...

:confused:
Reply 41
Strip chess then you can have a right laugh saying pawn.
Original post by bleedblue.
:confused:

I went on the thread, posted, scrlled up and you were there.
Reply 43
I went on the thread, posted, scrlled up and you were there.

Oh :facepalm: Satellite delay here...sorry hun :L
Guiding :smile:
Original post by chou246
This.

Please?

Why are you saying please for as if she's gonna upload the pics :colonhash:
Original post by bleedblue.
Oh :facepalm: Satellite delay here...sorry hun :L

N'aww dont apologise. I dont blame you for stalking me. :groovy:
Reply 47
Whatever you want. If you like clothes you could design and create your own. Otherwise take up a sport- try lots and decide which you like best. If sport really isn't your thing you could volunteer. Or find a volunteer role where you have to talk to people, giving presentations or teaching them skills.
If you're looking for something to like, try everything. cooking, swimming, painting, gardening, horse riding, writing, stamp collecting, ballet, astronomy, photography. The world is your oyster.
Reply 48
Any you like! I'd recommend playing the guitar, basketball, reading poetry, squash and debating.
Reply 49
N'aww dont apologise. I dont blame you for stalking me. :groovy:

:laugh:
Reply 50
Rock climbing.
Original post by PinkMocassin
Hi,

I've slowly come to the realisation that I do not have any hobbies at all,
I have never played or sport or anything like that either. my life pretty much revolves around, university work, going on nights out, boys, my friends, reality tv, clothes and makeup and my blackberry I wish I could say that wasn't it, but it really is. I am intelligent person (got 4 A's in my A-levels) so it's not like I'm dumb.

I have realised the reason why I am easily 'bored' or 'annoyed' and always have 'boy trouble' is because I don't have much else going for me or that I worry about other than the things mentioned above, my life is very shallow, very.

I was speaking to my mum about this and she has also noticed that my life resolves around these things, she said I need to find a 'passion' or 'hobby' or project to involve myself in or possibly volunteer somewhere so I can see more things in life and stop living this boring existance.

What would you recommend ?

Sounds a bit like me. Except I don't go out with boys, I hate reality TV and I don't own a Blackberry ^^

Art, sports, swimming, cooking, an instrument, voluntary work? These are just some suggestions :smile:
Original post by Jabberwox
Sounds a bit like me. Except I don't go out with boys, I hate reality TV and I don't own a Blackberry ^^

Art, sports, swimming, cooking, an instrument, voluntary work? These are just some suggestions :smile:

Team anti blackberry by any chance?
Team anti blackberry by any chance?

I'm not anti-Blackberry, I just have never got round to having one. Never really thought about having one either.
Reading
Cooking
Mountain Biking
Running
Walking/urban exploring
Roller Derby
Martial Arts
Doodling
Photography
Volunteering
Crafts/making things (and selling them)
Blogging on a certain subject you're passionate about

But that's just me :ahee:

Seems an amazing concept. Have you participated yourself?
Original post by Jabberwox
I'm not anti-Blackberry, I just have never got round to having one. Never really thought about having one either.

Ahh see someone who gets it! You don't have to be pro or anti, you could justbe stuck in the middle.
cooking
Ahh see someone who gets it! You don't have to be pro or anti, you could justbe stuck in the middle.

Well, I have heard bad things about Blackberrys. But that's not the reason I don't have one; I've just never thought about having one.
Reading, knitting and baking are all fun hobbies. Alternatively, start a weekly film night with a few friends or start going to the theatre once every couple of weeks - lots of theatres offer student discounts or even free tickets for under-25s.

Or just find a really wacky society at your university and join up. It can be anything, as long as it's slightly crazy and not something you would have considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending