The Student Room Group

What is the worst pain you have ever suffered in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Unmedicated period pains. oh my gosh lucky it only lasts for a few hours but the pain gives you diarrhea, vomiting and sometimes makes you pass out. gross i know :/ but every time it happens all i can think is what the **** must giving birth be like?? :eek:
Reply 41
I had some kind of gum infection a few years ago. It was so painful I couldn't focus on anything else, couldn't even sleep. I swallowed way more than the dose-limit of ibuprofen tablets (even knowing the nasty side-effects associated with ibuprofen overdose) just for the chance it would relieve the it a bit more. It lasted about a couple days before I started to feel better again, and the gum swelling lasted for a week or so.
Reply 42
When I was younger, running down a sloping jagged driveway, slipping and sliding down half of it on my knees :yikes: that hurt. No skin left and my legs were stiff and painful for weeks.

And sinus pain. Simultaneous headache, toothache and earache = writhing in agony.

I've never broken a bone though :smug:

Oh, forgot about the time I landed on my coccyx. Jesus christ, pain for months and months.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Hitting my head during a seizure, biting my tongue as well and the resulting migraine.

Also the time when my back locked up and I could barely move, if I did I would be in agony, I spent hours sat on the sofa with numerous pillows and hot water bottles just trying to stay still to minimise the pain.

And some serious period pain that would have me doubled over. :frown:
Fracturing my wrist.
Ooooh I don't know, there are loads.
Umm, I sometimes get these stomach cramps which are so intense I can't describe... they are completely overwhelming and for the duration of them I wish I was dead because they are so agonising. It's not even period pain, it's just completely random. I get hot flushes at the same time and break out in sweat, am always doubled over and in tears from it. Argh.
I get some epic headaches/ migraines sometimes and there's nothing that can even do anything about them...
I have also had problems with my gallbladder, possibly inflammation, and I had an attack a while back where I had really serious stabbing pains in my abdomen and it was radiating up through my shoulder and I had to go to A+E because it got so bad, I was just sitting on the floor in my front room crying and rocking back and forth haha.
I also cracked my head open when I was 6 after falling backwards and hitting it on a magazine rack. Ouch.
OH, the other thing that springs to mind is when I stepped on an open lever-arch folder... JEEEEESUS that was painful. Actually bruised the sole of my foot. Doesn't sound that awful but until you've done it yourself you just can't understand!
OH OH OH actually last one - you know how heavy the toilet doors are in Starbucks? I slammed my finger in one of those last year. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. The pain made me cry and fall on the floor and my whole body was buzzing from it! Ack ack ack

Spoiler

A whiteboard fell on to my head and split it open, that huuuuurt.
Fracturing my humorous (fell over a football onto my arm :/ )
Coming around after an operation on my eye.
Reply 47
I was dropped on my head at 11 weeks old (by accident, I hasten to add!) and came quite close to death - so that was probably the most painful thing that's even happened to me. However, I don't remember it in the slightest, so I don't think it counts :tongue:

In living memory, I'm not sure out of the following:
* Piercing my own cartilage with a safety pin. What can I say? I was 14 and... strange :tongue:
* Fracturing my shin this year.
* Dysmenhorrea. Before I was medicated, I used to get ridiculous period pains, in that I'd actually start hallucinating from pain :frown:
Reply 48
Getting hit my a cricket bat on my head and having stitches in my head it was painful :frown:
Breaking my little toe.

Sadly, I'm not joking. I've broken my shoulder, thumb, many fingers, ruptured my Achilles, had shin splints.. but that bloody toe..
(edited 12 years ago)
Can't decide between these:

Breaking my leg at seven and then being forced to walk on it by a doctor who thought I was lying. Was left with it broken for the next 20 hours or so, the doctor came out at 8pm and didn't believe me but when I couldn't walk by 8am the next day my mum took me to the doctors next day, they said it was broken and sent me to hospital 1. They said it was broken but couldn't help me so sent me to hospital 2, thirty miles away. They then left me for about eight hours until they plastered it at 5pm, by that time I couldn't stop crying.

Suffocation - was trapped under the air filled layer (between the bit you bounce on and the ground sheet) bouncy castle when I was about eight I think. Was pulled out by about seven men as there were about forty kids bouncing on top of me without realising I was stuck under them. Very scary, very sore chest due to hyperventilating/feeling crushed, very dizzy/spacey brain, I ended up in the back of an ambulance eventually as I couldn't stop screaming.

Injections - had them into my heel, underarm and spine.

Labiaplasty/clitoral hood reduction - the op wasn't sore, but my God waking up the next morning I ended up lying on the couch sobbing, couldn't walk or put my legs together. Didn't let up at all for forty eight hours. Having the stitches removed was hell, the nurse picked each one up with tweezers and tugged at them to see if they could be removed. Having a piece of cotton manually tugged from underneath your skin is very uncomfortable, especially when it's been left so long that it's started to knit in with the surrounding tissue.

Clitoral cysts. Meaning infected, pus filled lumps that once were swollen to the size of a marble, growing happily on top of my clitoris.

Cystoscopy - the pain after is incredible. Had to pee into a bedpan and was just passing pure blood with clots, thought someone was sticking broken glass inside me and ended up screaming (literally) every time I tried to pee for the next few days. Thought I was being a wimp until the district nurse and my GP came out to see me, both admitted they had gone through the same procedure and had ended up in "howling agony" afterwards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Tearing my trapezius was kinda lame.
Reply 52
Pulpitis is my lower right molar - dental negligence (and my own contributory of course) meant the dental pulp wasn't just inflamed - it was dead. The bacteria feeding off of the remains (which stank when my tooth was finally opened) were wiggling all over the now exposed nerve. Couldn't sleep with the pain.

A cricket bat to the face and subsequent splitting of my lower lip also hurt quite a bit.
Reply 53
Original post by Clip
I had testicular torsion. Look it up.

Damn twisted balls :frown:
Kidney stones.

Also when I had a pinched nerve in my back.

Kidney stones were the worst, though. I ended up needing surgery, and spent a few days in hospital. Was on so much morphine.
Reply 55
I had a paper cut.

Oh yeah and dislocated my patella so had my kneecap on the back on my leg pretty much. That hurt bad tbh.
Reply 56
When I was a kid: Being stung by a Weever fish! I don't know if I had a particularly bad reaction but I think I screamed a lot...

Getting my tooth pulled out when the anaesthetic didn't work properly :/

I've been hit by cars twice on my bike, neither hurt that much, but I didn't break anything (was bad enough to warrant ambulance trip for one and xrays for both though!)
tooth ache, then having said tooth out, curled roots tooth had to be broken in two before it would come out, then the infection i got sucked alot...

x
Mum called dinner, ran to kitchen, slipped on rug in hallway. Excruciating pain in arm, went to A&E 5 days later when it didn't go away to find I had two penny sized bits of bone floating around my elbow that had been chipped off.
WHATS THE FRIEKIN POINT POSTING HERE NO ONSS GONNA REPLY EVERYONE'S UP On their own shyyyt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending