The Student Room Group

Girls/women that don't like shopping

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IB_19

Original post by IB_19
Shopping is usually a nightmare. Occassionally I will enjoy it if I shop well. However most of the time I cannot wait to get out of there. Often I do go from shop to shop and I cannot find anything that I could see myself wearing! My back begins to ache, I develop a headache and I have to stop myself from becoming irritable. I definitely prefer internet shopping for the following reasons -

1. Comfort from my own home
2. People annoy me
3. Nowadays clothes shops offer such garbage, with the internet you can find the less well-known stores more easily than a high street
4. With the internet, you will usually know what you want which lessens the need to impulse buy

I am pleased to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way about clothes shopping!

What internet shops do you shop at?? Because all I can ever find are over priced high street online shops.
Reply 21
Internet shopping all the way, more choice, easier to compare and generally cheaper.
For anyone interested try everything5pounds.com great value for cheap decent quality shoes and dresses, i would avoid the leggings though as the seams split.
Boohoo for occasion dresses

The only high street shopping i do is Lush (they had a hacker on their site a while back so i daren't use it)
Or buying leggings as i like to feel the thickness and see the quality
I adore shopping online, but put me in a shop and I'll have a minature freak-out :frown:
Same here. I especially hate clothes shopping. I write a list of everything I need, try to go on weekday morning and get it out of the way as soon as possible. It's not just being annoyed at crowds, things not fitting you, but carrying all those bulky bags with. Shoe shopping is probably the worst one of them all!

But I do love shopping for food. Picking up fresh fruit and veg, smelling apples, coffee and chocolate while thinking of new recipes.
Original post by Flotographer
I can't possibly be alone in this...?

I just don't see what's fun about it. Crowds are abundant, the way shops are laid out makes my head hurt, carrying all the bags - don't understand it.

I appreciate that it sometimes has to be, eg, Christmas shopping. However, on these occasions, I go with a list and get through it as quickly as possible. I can't fathom how people can turn it into a social event and enjoy it.

Any other girls/women sympathise, or would anyone like to try and enlighten me? :wink:

I'm exactly the same! When I have to go shopping for something, I dread it. I hate the crowds, I hate people in general. And I get stupidly stressed. So when I do go, I have to go alone because otherwise I'll snap at whoever I'm with!

I absolutely hate it. Bores me to death and is just a way of making my feet hurt and eating the contents of my purse!
Reply 25
I hate shopping! But mainly because I can never find anything i like and then if I do i've spent money and spend the next week feeling guilty so really I can't win...
However Christmas shopping is my weakness, i could spend days searching for the perfect gift and i don't feel guilty spending money because its not for me :smile:
Reply 26
i hate it too! you aren't alone!
i think the people are the worst - huge crowds are awful, and i really hate huge shopping centres, its just so boring and overwhelming, especially the awful music, queues and changing rooms! i'm terrible as i buy about 90% of clothes online (hotukdeals.com is amazing for discounts!) and then, if they don't fit, i just send it back!
the only shops i ever go in are Waterstones or somewhere like Superdrug for toiletry stuff...
Reply 27
I hate shopping with a passion. :/ It's one of the most mind numbing tasks ever. I'm a list person, i like to make a list of what i need and get in and out as fast as i can.
After spending more than 10 mins in a shop i start to feel sick.
I hate shopping too but as others have said I don't mind food shopping when I'm not in a rush. :smile:
I used to hate it so much. Would not set foot in a shop by choice; just found it loud, overwhelming,boring, frustrating (you NEVER find anything when you actually have money and I always ended up not buying want I came for! ¬_¬).
However I like it now that I sort of have a style of my own and I know what I like. Just not as a social event; I suppose I like having the freedom of choosing what I wear and not having to spend ages waiting for other people. I couldn't go shopping everyday though it loses its appeal the more often you go.
Original post by IlexBlue
The only shops I can stand to be in are HMV, GAME, Borders and Waterstones.

Clothes shopping destroys my soul. :colonhash: I order my clothes online.

This.

I despise clothes shopping. Nothing ever fits, I fall in love with something and its super expensive so can't buy it, theres too much choice it makes my brain hurt :frown:

But DVD's, now I can spend HOURS in HMV :biggrin: And books, books are awesome.
Reply 31
You are certainly not alone- I hate the crowds, the HIDEOUS music and the overtly cheery/obnoxious staff, not to mention the effort involved in actually trying something on!
Reply 32
I'm indifferent to it.
Reply 33
Original post by IlexBlue
The only shops I can stand to be in are HMV, GAME, Borders and Waterstones.

Clothes shopping destroys my soul. :colonhash: I order my clothes online.

Ahhh I was like that before uni (as in I'd hang around these shops with my friends when we met up). I only go shopping for things I need these days.

I like buying things, but I hate shopping. Amazon is a lifeline for me :biggrin:
Reply 34
I've always said that I hate shopping with a passion, but recently all I do is shop.

Buying things makes me feel good for some reason, but then I realise that almost all the stuff I've brought has just stayed in bags and I’ve not even looked at it again. I now understand that although I've always said I hated shopping, I do enjoy it. It calms me down after a stressful down and I tend to buy a lot of stuff when I’m feeling depressed or down.

Although I have over the years done a lot of online shopping for things, clothes shopping online is not great. My size can vary greatly from one shop to the next and I hate having to return things once I’ve brought them.
ME ME ME I hate shopping.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending