The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhDConsultant
For London? Have you got one?

As I understand it, they're holding first round interviews up until the 21st of December and won't send out final round invites until after they have interviewed everyone.

This said, they did suggest that you may be told sooner if you get completely rejected at the first round. Maybe they'll also invite the outstanding candidates too?

I was interviewed today and told this evening - final round in early January! :smile:
Original post by Riverforge
I was interviewed today and told this evening - final round in early January! :smile:
Excellent! I hope to make it there. My interview isn't for a little while.

How are you so good lol? What's you CV like if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by RobinSheridan99
I'm struggling to think of what to do if none of this comes off (looking extremely likely at this stage. Very few apps still running). I can't afford to go traveling, can't really apply to any relevant internships, not sure that working in a cafe for a year will help my chances of successful application.....scared as hell!

should have studied engineering
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PhDConsultant
Excellent! I hope to make it there. My interview isn't for a little while.

do you go to ucl?
Original post by Industrious Orca
How are you so good lol? What's you CV like if you don't mind me asking?

Just oxbridge, 2.i arts degree, a couple of decent ECs which I think made the difference... who knows though, it seems anecdotally that luck is a huge component - especially at the pre-interview stage.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
do you go to ucl?

Why didn't you go to Imperial?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
do you go to ucl?
Nope. Oxbridge PhD.

a couple of decent ECs which I think made the difference...
This.

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you in January - my first round is taking place soon
Reply 189
Strange, I have the same situation ... I received a rejection email from OC&C and then another email that it was a mistake and they will get back to me
Reply 190
Original post by jackb89
Bain - rejection
Capgemini - waiting to hear after telephone interview
OW - rejection
OC&C - waiting after tests
L.E.K - waiting

Has anyone heard from OC&C after taking tests? I got a rejection e-mail on Friday but then another an hour later saying it was a mistake and my application was still under consideration.

I got the rejection e-mail on Friday and then on Monday I got another e-mail saying about an error in their online recruitment system and that my application is still under consideration. Any new e-mails from OC&C by now?
Reply 191
Original post by agu
I got the rejection e-mail on Friday and then on Monday I got another e-mail saying about an error in their online recruitment system and that my application is still under consideration. Any new e-mails from OC&C by now?

I haven't received anything yet, maybe that's a bad sign?:frown:
Reply 192
Original post by mikestem
I haven't received anything yet, maybe that's a bad sign?:frown:

Same here. Let's hope it's not a sign of anything!
Reply 193
Hi all,

I have a first round interview with L.E.K. Consulting in January for the Associate role. I also have a first round telephone interview next week with Opera Solutions for the Business Analyst position.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the interviews with these firms and can offer any insight or advice on preparation?

I'd be grateful of any info anyone has.
Reply 194
Original post by Rodam86
Hi all,

I have a first round interview with L.E.K. Consulting in January for the Associate role. I also have a first round telephone interview next week with Opera Solutions for the Business Analyst position.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the interviews with these firms and can offer any insight or advice on preparation?

I'd be grateful of any info anyone has.

I have the following coming up too. You'll be fine.

My tips:

Be confident.
Listen carefully to questions/ case study.
Research the obvious questions that you know are going to come up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Sent off apps for IBM and capgemini. Fingers crossed. :moon:
Reply 196
Original post by linee
Same here. Let's hope it's not a sign of anything!

Not heard anything from OC&C either. Must be three weeks now since I did the online tests.

Still waiting to hear from L.E.K.
Reply 197
I completed the the OW tests for the summer internship role last Saturday. The critical reasoning went okay and the numerical went disastrously (pretty sure I failed it). My app status is 'Tests completed and application under consideration' ATM.

Does anyone know how long they take to reject you if you failed the tests?

Thanks
Reply 198
Original post by HJones123
I completed the the OW tests for the summer internship role last Saturday. The critical reasoning went okay and the numerical went disastrously (pretty sure I failed it). My app status is 'Tests completed and application under consideration' ATM.

Thanks

OW tend to give out interviews first then reject candidates after, at least it seemed so for grad applications.
Original post by HJones123

Thanks

I'm in the same boat, fairly sure I bombed the numerical. Also, definitely didn't clock that Bain don't offer internships in London. That's two out the way then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending