The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

^^ LEK numerical test - I did mine at first-round interview. It was relatively easy, especially compared to the OW test. It is all multiple choice. As I remember it had two parts: one in which you have to judge whether the information given to you is good enough for you to be able to answer the question (similar to the GMAT I believe), and one where you have to do some basic maths. It's not too taxing and not particularly time pressured.

Original post by whendayisdone
Got rejections from bain, marakon, oc&c, mckinsey, roland berger, towers watson

Got an offer from bcg (but they want to put me in asia, non-negotiable due to my second language)

2nd round interview with booz

invited to 1st round interview with OW

Honestly, I want Oliver Wyman. Can anyone tell me how the interview style is? Or possibly link me to the forum that has a discussion on this? Will be very thankful :smile:

Thanks!

Very much depends on whether you're applying for OW GMC or FSC. For all intents and purposes they are two separate firms.
Reply 301

Got an offer from bcg (but they want to put me in asia, non-negotiable due to my second language)

Honestly, I want Oliver Wyman. Can anyone tell me how the interview style is? Or possibly link me to the forum that has a discussion on this? Will be very thankful :smile:

Thanks!

What is wrong with BCG asia office?
Original post by HarrierJet

Very much depends on whether you're applying for OW GMC or FSC. For all intents and purposes they are two separate firms.

The interview is for FSC. Can you give any ideas or advice? Thanks a lot, really appreciate all the help.
Original post by ebam_uk
What is wrong with BCG asia office?

Nothing's wrong with it, just want to be close to loved ones if I have a choice.
Reply 304

Thanks!

Hi mate, are you interested in a case practice over skype? I have a second round from ATK. Maybe we could help each other?

My skype acc is mikestem1988. Let me know if you are keen.

Cheers
The interview is for FSC. Can you give any ideas or advice? Thanks a lot, really appreciate all the help.

First round consisted of 2 interviews, with one 'case' and one 'fit'.

In my experience the case was slightly different to what one might expect: it was much more numerical and didn't require the use of case frameworks at all. I was offered an insurance product for a car and asked whether it was a good decision to take it. I had to run the numbers and work out whether it was a good deal or not.

Traditional advice still applies - don't feel like you have to rush and concentrate on getting the numbers right rather than doing it as quickly as possible.
Reply 306
need an advice. I was offered an interview with OW with FSC, but I don't want ti do financial consultancy at all. I want to go into general. In the email they mention that they won't pursued general management consultancy app. I was wondering is there any chance at all to change the interviews if I ask HR. I thought it should be easier to get into their general managent consultancy, given that it has less p a prestige of its FSC
So anyone heard back from McKinsey after finals last week?
Reply 308
can any consultants give any experience they have of operations consulting? how does it compare to the excitement of work in strategy consulting? also what are the exit opportunities like for operations consulting?

thank you!
Reply 309
Has any1 heard back from (Cambridge) LEK 1st round yet?
anyone know if LEK or BCG have finished doing 1st round for internships?
Reply 311
Original post by ebam_uk
Has any1 heard back from (Cambridge) LEK 1st round yet?

I'm yet to hear...
So I got a McKinsey offer. I'm from a non target uni so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I read on this thread that someone got an offer from LEK and all their preparation was Case In Point. I bought Case In Point after reading that and it's all the preparation I did too (and a handful of practice cases).

Good luck everyone with the interviews!
Reply 313
Original post by psmith98752
So I got a McKinsey offer. I'm from a non target uni so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I read on this thread that someone got an offer from LEK and all their preparation was Case In Point. I bought Case In Point after reading that and it's all the preparation I did too (and a handful of practice cases).

Good luck everyone with the interviews!

Congratulations!
Reply 314
anyone heard from pa consulting yet? sent off the application on 30th december and they said i will know within 3 weeks, which will be tomorrow. to anyone applying there, i read some pretty bad stuff about pa consulting on the top consultant forum from people who have previously worked there, especially about the amount of public sector work they do which won't look as good as private sector work when applying for jobs in the future. just a heads up
Reply 315
I just got accepted onto Accenture Horizons, after an Assessment Center in london on the 10th of Jan. Really excited to move to London and start now :biggrin: Anyone else here get in?
Original post by ProFail
I just got accepted onto Accenture Horizons, after an Assessment Center in london on the 10th of Jan. Really excited to move to London and start now :biggrin: Anyone else here get in?

Congratulations! I have mine on the 30th, kinda nervous :/
Reply 317
Hey you guys,

has anyone heard from LEK? I applied to them like ages ago and never heard anything back. My current status:

McK: rejected
BCG: final round next week
Bain: Waiting
Roland Berger: final round the week after next
Booz: Rejected
SKP: offer
Deloitte: rejected
PwC Strategy: AC in two weeks
LEK: waiting
OW: tests in March
Accenture: offer

If anyone wants to have a skype session to practice some cases just drop me an email :smile:
All the best!
Reply 318
I have an LEK final round in London next week. Does anybody have any advice r.e. what type of cases to expect?

Cheers
Original post by SameOld
I have an LEK final round in London next week. Does anybody have any advice r.e. what type of cases to expect?

Cheers

Hi, I've applied to LEK too and I am still waiting to hear from them. Would like to know when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending