The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Impossible_Living
I think it depends on what you want to do further down your career. If you want to end up in consulting, then you should obviously pursue this interview. If however you want to work in middle office banking, then GS would be more than perfect.

Okay, thank you very much for your thoughts; i withdrew; would prefer to be in banking right now.

Good luck with your applications.
Reply 341
anyone did the OW tests in London today or yesterday (numerical+critical reasoning)? how many questions did you answer?
Reply 342
Original post by zyx321
anyone did the OW tests in London today or yesterday (numerical+critical reasoning)? how many questions did you answer?

About 21 on numerical and 18 on verbal.
Original post by ebam_uk
About 21 on numerical and 18 on verbal.

Impressive. I only managed to do roughly 15 for both.

On a side note, has anyone heard from OW London yet? I applied for both FSC and GMC.
Reply 344
I answered 15 in math and 11 in verbal. not amazing. i have no doubt on my answers though but it still seems like most people have answered about that much so might be too average to pass... :s

Plus it seems like so many people were taking the test. In my session we were about 30, and there are probably at least 5 groups a day on both assessment days... that's a lot of competition! :frown:

Oh well, we'll hear by tonight apparently. :smile:
Reply 345
Original post by luminodreamer89
Impressive. I only managed to do roughly 15 for both.

On a side note, has anyone heard from OW London yet? I applied for both FSC and GMC.

Only worry is that if I got 3/4 wrong in the numerical then suddenly my overall score goes down to about 13-15 out of 30 lol!

So I should perhaps have slowed down a bit because of the penalty for incorrect answers...

OW final round invite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ebam_uk
Only worry is that if I got 3/4 wrong in the numerical then suddenly my overall score goes down to about 13-15 out of 30 lol!

So I should perhaps have slowed down a bit because of the penalty for incorrect answers...

OW final round invite.

Congratulations ebam_uk!

I am just curious, If I have an international award for youth essay-writing competition, but low 2:1 degree from Imperial, will there be a chance to apply to top MBB graduate jobs next year?

And how can I improve myself to get a better shot?

Thank you:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 347
Original post by luminodreamer89
Congratulations ebam_uk!

I am just curious, If I have an international award for youth essay-writing competition, but low 2:1 degree from Imperial, will there be a chance to apply to top MBB graduate jobs next year?

And how can I improve myself to get a better shot?

Thank you:smile:

Definitely, but the competition is very high so make sure you know how to do Case Interviews, the tests etc which is the main hurdles to getting the job....
Reply 348
Hey has anyone heard from Oliver Wyman yet??

I did the online tests a while ago and they said they would get back to us latest today.

Thanks
Reply 349
Hi all,

I've been asked to complete tests for Simon-Kucher and Partners. I've seen a few people have got through to interviews; would be grateful if you could let me know the level of difficulty of the tests as the 45min time has kind of threw me off. Although I see it is SHL so if it is a standard SHL that should be ok.

Also I have never practised case interviews. Always assumed I would practice if I got an interview - going to be tough to fit in practice around my university work if I do get through.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 350
Original post by GunnerMT
Hi all,

I've been asked to complete tests for Simon-Kucher and Partners. I've seen a few people have got through to interviews; would be grateful if you could let me know the level of difficulty of the tests as the 45min time has kind of threw me off. Although I see it is SHL so if it is a standard SHL that should be ok.

Also I have never practised case interviews. Always assumed I would practice if I got an interview - going to be tough to fit in practice around my university work if I do get through.

congrats. i want to get my application to skp in tomorrow hopefully (deadline is thursday so its cutting it a bit short though). is work or academic experience abroad required for skp or is it just preferred?
Reply 351

They are standard and I would say easier than most that I'd done before so no worries :smile:
Reply 352
Original post by yoyoyomo
congrats. i want to get my application to skp in tomorrow hopefully (deadline is thursday so its cutting it a bit short though). is work or academic experience abroad required for skp or is it just preferred?

I don't have any experience abroad. To be honest I expected a rejection like all the other strat houses, so to be invited to tests is nice surprise.
Still waiting on PA Consulting. I sent them an email the other day but still waiting for a reply!

Original post by linee
They are standard and I would say easier than most that I'd done before so no worries :smile:

Brilliant. Thank you.
Reply 353
19.40 in London still no answer from Oliver Wyman. I did the online tests over two weeks ago. Did anyone get an invite for the upcoming internship interviews?
Reply 354
Original post by aah10
19.40 in London still no answer from Oliver Wyman. I did the online tests over two weeks ago. Did anyone get an invite for the upcoming internship interviews?

Yeah I did ^ see above post.
Reply 355
Original post by ebam_uk
Yeah I did ^ see above post.

yes but you did the tests in person not online.
Reply 356
I don't have any experience abroad. To be honest I expected a rejection like all the other strat houses, so to be invited to tests is nice surprise.
Still waiting on PA Consulting. I sent them an email the other day but still waiting for a reply!

thats good. also i heard back from pa consulting a week or so ago - rejection. although i read a lot of negative stuff about them on the top consultant forum, so hopefully you're skp one is successful!
Reply 357
Original post by aah10
yes but you did the tests in person not online.

Yeah I guess the benefits of being at a target school is that they take all the people from target schools then fill up with the leftovers with non-targers :s-smilie:
Reply 358
Original post by ebam_uk
Yeah I guess the benefits of being at a target school is that they take all the people from target schools then fill up with the leftovers with non-targers :s-smilie:

Yes, we're the 'leftovers'. So where does someone with such arrogance hold offers from?

Oh me? Don't worry about my non-target self, I've accepted an offer for a Corporate Finance Sumemr Analyst at HLHZ.
Reply 359
Original post by logistics
Yes, we're the 'leftovers'. So where does someone with such arrogance hold offers from?

Oh me? Don't worry about my non-target self, I've accepted an offer for a Corporate Finance Sumemr Analyst at HLHZ.

I don't have any offers currently...:wink: Well done thought thats good considering that you are non-target...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending