The Student Room Group

2012 Consulting Interviews / Rejections / Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Got rejected from OW. But only for the GMC?? Has anyone else heard anything else??

I thought both GMC and FS were assessed together??
Reply 361
So I have a simon kucher phone interview this week. Has anybody got any insight into what they could ask? Do they often give u little brainteasers or cases?

Also I have an interview with mars consulting, no idea what it will entail. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone heard back from BCG London Summer Internship?
Reply 363
Original post by KizN
Got rejected from OW. But only for the GMC?? Has anyone else heard anything else??

I thought both GMC and FS were assessed together??

I got rejected from GMC too but interview for FS...
Reply 364
Original post by luminodreamer89

No havent heard a thing? Its quite annoying. When did you apply??
Reply 365
Just out of interest, has any1 with an OW interview had trouble booking the interview?
Original post by luminodreamer89

Got my rejection yesterday, completing my full set of rejections. See you all back here in september!
Reply 367
Just to let you know for those of you hanging in for OW internship applications, they are organising interviews more interviews on Tuesday.
Reply 368
Original post by rmorrison12
Got my rejection yesterday, completing my full set of rejections. See you all back here in september!

Sorry to hear about the rejection. How did they let you know?? Im still waiting to hear about mine.
Reply 369
Original post by psmith98752
So I got a McKinsey offer. I'm from a non target uni so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I read on this thread that someone got an offer from LEK and all their preparation was Case In Point. I bought Case In Point after reading that and it's all the preparation I did too (and a handful of practice cases).

Good luck everyone with the interviews!

well done ! i thought it was a great book, glad it worked for you too :smile:
Original post by KizN
Sorry to hear about the rejection. How did they let you know?? Im still waiting to hear about mine.

Just an email, sort of expected really.
Reply 371
Rejected from SKP without interview.
The dream of Strat consulting will need to be put on hold for a few years it seems.
Reply 372
Original post by GunnerMT
Rejected from SKP without interview.
The dream of Strat consulting will need to be put on hold for a few years it seems.

unlucky mate sorry to hear that. was that after the the tests? i've got to do my tests by monday, was it harder than normal shl tests?

what are your plans now?
Reply 373
Original post by rmorrison12

So sorry to hear about that. Best of luck for next year!
Reply 374
Original post by yoyoyomo
unlucky mate sorry to hear that. was that after the the tests? i've got to do my tests by monday, was it harder than normal shl tests?

what are your plans now?

Cheers. No I wouldn't say the tests are harder, I can only assume they look at the app and tests together and I got rejected from my app because I thought the tests went alright (even after a huge performance with SHL screwing me over and me having to ring SKP 3/4 times). Since they took over a week to send me the tests I assumed I had passed the CV tests, but maybe not and they send tests to everyone.

I have PA Consulting I am still waiting on (taking forever!). And an interview with an Insurance company. And 1/2 more apps.

It's frustrating but I guess I just have to realise that maybe right now I'm not cut out for strat consulting and maybe moving from industry a few years down the line will be a better path for me.

But if I don't get anything at all then apply to places for 2013 and hopefully do a bit of travelling.

Good luck with your SKP tests.
Reply 375
Anyone interested in practicing cases over Skype? I have done over 50 cases and have final round MBB experience. Just send me a PM and we can schedule something.
Reply 376
Original post by GunnerMT
Cheers. No I wouldn't say the tests are harder, I can only assume they look at the app and tests together and I got rejected from my app because I thought the tests went alright (even after a huge performance with SHL screwing me over and me having to ring SKP 3/4 times). Since they took over a week to send me the tests I assumed I had passed the CV tests, but maybe not and they send tests to everyone.

I have PA Consulting I am still waiting on (taking forever!). And an interview with an Insurance company. And 1/2 more apps.

It's frustrating but I guess I just have to realise that maybe right now I'm not cut out for strat consulting and maybe moving from industry a few years down the line will be a better path for me.

But if I don't get anything at all then apply to places for 2013 and hopefully do a bit of travelling.

Good luck with your SKP tests.

cheers mate. best of luck with pa consulting. what was the timing like in the skp tests if you dont mind me asking? its 45 minutes for each test. are there more than 50 questions?
Reply 377
Original post by yoyoyomo
cheers mate. best of luck with pa consulting. what was the timing like in the skp tests if you dont mind me asking? its 45 minutes for each test. are there more than 50 questions?

The 45min threw me off as well but then I realised that is with the practice test. I think it was 18min Logical, 25min Numerical.
Time pressure same as all tests I would say. So less pressured on logical compared to numerical.
Reply 378
Hey everyone,

does anyone know what kind of numerical test IMS Consulting Group has? Is it an shl or GMAT, harder easier than L.E.K. and/or OW?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Has anyone had an OW interview last week and are still waiting to hear back?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending