The Student Room Group
Reply 1
History's not required for PPE. It can be useful, but two people I know who currently hold offere havent'd done History at A-level (ones doesn't even have a GCSE in it).

Your AS choices seem fine for PPE (I'm no expert though), maths is helpful for it. If you want to do Spanish, don't do it as well as those, do it instead of one. You've got 6 there already - 5 of which require a lot of work. Does your Maths course involve you doing a full A-level in one year? If so, don't do too many other ASs - it will be too much. Universities aren't greatly impressed by someone doing loads of AS-levels, it's better to do the normal number but do them very well (wider reading etc).

As for your general job options, by doing a combination of Maths and essay subjects you've plenty of options open to you. There are very few degrees that you wouldn't be able to apply for with these A-levels and plenty of career paths you could go down.
Those subjects are absolutely perfect for a PPE degree, I couldn't think of a much better combination (no you don't need History, my friend did Bio Chem Phys Maths!), and apart from science-orientated careers your options are near-unlimited.
Reply 3
You seem well good for all of that for sheez.
Yup, if I did do Spanish, I'd do it instead of government, which hopefully won't limit me from doing PPE, as I don't think it's definitly required.
Reply 5
I think your being a little to neieve. PPE doesn't have specific entry requirements concerning AS subjects. Should you do Spanish instead of goverment, I believe you may perhaps loose some knowledge going into the PPE course and maybe not achieving what you may have got with some prior experience.

Have a look on some university websites in the Economics, PPE departments and try and do your research for entry requirements.

Latest

Trending

Trending