The Student Room Group

What are the worst areas in your town or city?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My house
Original post by jblackmoustache

It's the same with Nottingham. People are scared to set foot there sometimes because of the 'shottingham' myth.

Notts is the coolest place in the Midlands :smile:

Of topic but are you from Nottingham? Whats it like? Its one of my Uni choices and I've never been.
Original post by Ayah
Moss side, Rusholme, Cheetam Hill, Cheadle-Hulme

You seem to have missed Wythenshawe...
Original post by Inadequatedreams
Queens park bedfordshire, this place is the worst area.

I'm not sure of where you think i was saying, but it is the worst part- Its not very safe from past experience.

LOOL ohhh, i thought you meant queens park LONDON, 'cause there's really posh :smile: My mistake :biggrin:
Original post by Stanza
Which part of London is not bad?

Anywhere in Zones 1 to 3.

Just guessing.
(edited 12 years ago)
To answer the OPs question: probably places like Hackney, Peckham, Thornton Heath and Croydon.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by House Dagoth
unfortunately, yes. :sigh:

Not all of Haringey is bad :colonhash:
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Of topic but are you from Nottingham? Whats it like? Its one of my Uni choices and I've never been.

Nah, but I visit. It's not as bad as people say it is. You'll get the horror stories, but you'll be ok. You can avoid being a victim of crime if you use your common sense.

Notts isn't that bad. It's the same as any big city (Manchester, Birmingham, etc).
(edited 12 years ago)
In London possibly Peckham...sorry to add to the stereotype that it is a rough area but my friend lived there and once walked home through a gang shooting. O.o not nice.

Nah, but I visit. It's not as bad as people say it is. You'll get the horror stories, but you'll be ok. You can avoid being a victim of crime if you use your common sense.

Notts isn't that bad. It's the same as any big city (Manchester, Birmingham, etc).

Oh dear. I'm from London and when I thought about it I imagined it to be a serene, countrysidey sort of place compared to how London is like. But I guess I've gotta visit to know..thanks
Oh dear. I'm from London and when I thought about it I imagined it to be a serene, countrysidey sort of place compared to how London is like. But I guess I've gotta visit to know..thanks

You've watched too much Robin Hood :tongue:

The Sherwood Forest is nice though if that makes you feel any better! :lol:

You've watched too much Robin Hood :tongue:

The Sherwood Forest is nice though if that makes you feel any better! :lol:

Haha us Londoners think that anywhere outside of London is the countryside! I was really expecting to go up there and for it to be all green and peaceful :frown: Dreams crushed.- but I'll make sure to visit that forest :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
In Grimsby it's the Grange and Nunsthorpe estates. On the Grange it's burglaries and drugs, whereas Nunsthorpe is more binge drinking and starting fights/damaging property. Freeman Street and the tower blocks near there just outside town centre also have a reputation for being like Nunsthorpe, but it's more what used to happen than what actually goes on now, still not a nice area though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Leeds sucks.

Harrogate ftw :wink:

It does have it's rough areas. The bus station is as rough as it gets. I cought some kids swearing and running around. That's seriously rough for Harrogatonians :lol:

Nail > head
Reply 94
Croydon, Thornton Heath. Nuff said!
Reply 95
Haha us Londoners think that anywhere outside of London is the countryside! Any Londoners to back me up on this? I was really expecting to go up there and for it to be all green and peaceful :frown: Dreams crushed.- but I'll make sure to visit that forest :tongue:

I don't...
Arbury / Chesterton.

& Cherry Hinton :teehee:
Haha us Londoners think that anywhere outside of London is the countryside! Any Londoners to back me up on this? I was really expecting to go up there and for it to be all green and peaceful :frown: Dreams crushed.- but I'll make sure to visit that forest :tongue:

Hahaha! I'm a Londoner but I don't think that....
Reply 98
Original post by Dee Leigh
To answer the OPs question: probably places like Hackney, Peckham, Thornton Heath and Croydon.

Damn u got there before me! Lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vn2009
Croydon, Thornton Heath. Nuff said!

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending