The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

HELPPPPP!!!! UCL or Imperial for Electronic Engineering??????

Hey everyone!!

I've received offers from UCL and Imperial for Electronic Engineering and now I need to choose which one I wana go to. Its so difficult coz there's so little between them and so many factors to consider. I think imperial slightly tips UCL on the prestige side, but UCL is much more diverse and I think I'd have more fun there. AAAAHHHHH. Wot should I do.

Does anyone have any info one either uni, accomodation, social life etc, or personal opinions of which one i should go to. I really need your help!!!!

Thanks

xxx
Reply 1
Amias
Hey everyone!!

I've received offers from UCL and Imperial for Electronic Engineering and now I need to choose which one I wana go to. Its so difficult coz there's so little between them and so many factors to consider. I think imperial slightly tips UCL on the prestige side, but UCL is much more diverse and I think I'd have more fun there. AAAAHHHHH. Wot should I do.

Does anyone have any info one either uni, accomodation, social life etc, or personal opinions of which one i should go to. I really need your help!!!!

Thanks

xxx

as you said imperial is considered to be more prestigious for engineering. however ucl provides a better balance as a university (some people consider imperial to be geeky). also the ratio of male to female undergrads in imperial is too high (Around 70% male, 30% female students). other than that, south kensington is a pretty good area, although i've heard that some of the halls at imperial (the non south kensington ones) are pretty crap
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Amias
Hey everyone!!

Thanks

xxx

I'd go for Imperial if you are looking for employablity afterwards. However, it can be a bit dull and lifeless so if you are a party animal (or even like going out ...) go to UCL i would imagine
Reply 3
Thanks guys,

Those are my thoughts exactly. I was going for UCL, coz its more fun, lively, better atmosphere etc... but how could I turn down Imperial, it can't be THAT dull, can it????

I'm sure i'm the only one who's finding this all so difficult!!!
Reply 4
Amias
Thanks guys,

Those are my thoughts exactly. I was going for UCL, coz its more fun, lively, better atmosphere etc... but how could I turn down Imperial, it can't be THAT dull, can it????

I'm sure i'm the only one who's finding this all so difficult!!!

I'm sure you can make the best of it wherever you go :-)
Reply 5
U can have fun even if ur going to imperial....u'll be in london don't forget that...

Latest

Trending

Trending