The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hi, got an unconditional offer for primary pgce at northampton uni. Anyone else going here? x
Reply 381
Evening all!
I applied for a Primary PGCE (KS2) at Canterbury Christ Church a few months ago, had the interview the other week and got my confirmation for an unconditional place less than a week later! :biggrin:

Anyone else starting at Christ Church this September (2012-2013)?

Original post by coffeepirate
Me too!!! It's so good to have finally found someone on the same course!! :biggrin:

Me three! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 382
Need help for a friends asap! Shes writing an essay on 'What are the issues and challenges for teaching and learning within inclusive education?'

She has included:
- how different 'learning' theories influence learning of SEN pupils
- internal and external factors and their impacts - IDENTIFIED BARRIERS TO LEARNING
- differentiation, TA's responsible for the SEN pupils progress but lack appropriate training, time and resources IDENTIFIED
BARRIERS TO LEARNING
- exclusion of pupils with behavioral difficulties. THIS LINKS IN WITH ACHIEVEMENT ATTENDANCE AND PARTICIPATION = QUALITY
RESULTS

What else? Thanks in advance
Original post by airlife
Me three! :biggrin:

Yayyy! :biggrin: See you in Septmber! :3
Reply 384
Original post by coffeepirate
Yayyy! :biggrin: See you in Septmber! :3

Hehe, will do! When did you have your interview day? Mine was on Jan 11th. :smile:
Original post by char124
Hi :smile:

Conditional offer for PGCE Primary at Worcester University! WOOO! Anyone else doing theirs at Worcs?

Me! :smile: x
Congrats!
Reply 386
Original post by KellyBeanSPN
Brill. I kind of have to move- I live 7 hours away! Lmao. Where do you live? Im doing secondary English with Media.

Oh ouch! Yea that'd be one hell of a commute..my train would take 1hr and a bit so not too bad..I live near Gillingham (Dorset) Has Exeter told you anything about the health questionnaire etc? I still have conditional offer on my track..I've got my crb but still no more news :s just wanna sort it now! Lol so excited to start..but nervous! :colondollar:
Reply 387
Original post by Seraphim84

Original post by Seraphim84
Me! :smile: x
Congrats!

yaaay! hello :-D!!! xxx
Reply 388
Original post by clairemellisa

Me! :biggrin: Congrats on the offer!

woo! congrats to you too! you aren't the same Claire from the TES forum - spoke about ESS?! xxxxxxx
Original post by char124
woo! congrats to you too! you aren't the same Claire from the TES forum - spoke about ESS?! xxxxxxx

I'm not :smile: Oooo it's exciting to meet others before September :biggrin:
Reply 390

I'm not :smile: Oooo it's exciting to meet others before September :biggrin:

Ah sorry! Yeah it is, everyone was so lovely on the interview day, hope the people in my group got on too! Did you have to wait long to hear? I still haven't had my letter through the post, just GTTR! xx
Original post by char124
Ah sorry! Yeah it is, everyone was so lovely on the interview day, hope the people in my group got on too! Did you have to wait long to hear? I still haven't had my letter through the post, just GTTR! xx

That's ok! :smile: I didn't, I had my interview on the 22nd November and heard on the 8th December :biggrin: Likewise, i've just had the GTTR letter, I'm assuming when they've given out all their offers they'll send out letters. At least that's what i'm hoping!!
Reply 392

That's ok! :smile: I didn't, I had my interview on the 22nd November and heard on the 8th December :biggrin: Likewise, i've just had the GTTR letter, I'm assuming when they've given out all their offers they'll send out letters. At least that's what i'm hoping!!

Ah that's okay then - I found out on monday and was expecting to get stuff from Uni this week - but will assume we will be waiting for a bit longer yet! It's so exciting - are you doing 5-11 or early years? Are you from Worcs? x
Original post by char124
Ah that's okay then - I found out on monday and was expecting to get stuff from Uni this week - but will assume we will be waiting for a bit longer yet! It's so exciting - are you doing 5-11 or early years? Are you from Worcs? x

It is indeed! I'm doing 5-11 :smile: what about you? I'm at the Uni of Kent at the moment, but will be moving back home to Halesowen for September and commuting in, you? :smile:
Reply 394
Hello.

I have a place on the lower primary at Leeds Met, starting in September 2012. Has anyone else been offered a place at this university??

Is it right that I feel excited, but also terrified too!!
Reply 395

It is indeed! I'm doing 5-11 :smile: what about you? I'm at the Uni of Kent at the moment, but will be moving back home to Halesowen for September and commuting in, you? :smile:

5-11 as well :-D!! Ah lovely, yeah i'm Worcester born and bred hehe, did my undergrad at Worcs so will be nice to go back!! xx
Original post by Gette
Oh ouch! Yea that'd be one hell of a commute..my train would take 1hr and a bit so not too bad..I live near Gillingham (Dorset) Has Exeter told you anything about the health questionnaire etc? I still have conditional offer on my track..I've got my crb but still no more news :s just wanna sort it now! Lol so excited to start..but nervous! :colondollar:

I believe I've done my health questionnaire, alongside the CRB. Why don't you send them an email? Yeah, I'm nervous too- everyone at my interview was so different from me! They all seemed to be putting on some posh act, and it really annoyed me that they weren't just trying to be themselves. And Im nervous about them actually putting me in front of a class!
I wonder if that's the same for Anglia then? Guess it will be after half term now
Reply 398
Original post by ponpon14

Original post by ponpon14
Hey guys, im applying next year (after a year out at the end of this degree) How many of you who have been accepted are third year uni students,, and how many of you have had time out?

Hello :-) I graduated in 2009 and starting this year - think it does you good to have time out of education so that you can gain a bit of life experience :-) x
Hi all,

Woop PGCE Primary 2012/13 - Roll on September :smile:

Facebook group anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending