The Student Room Group

When do primark contact you after applying?

Hi, i applied for position of retail operative on friday at 1pm and closing date was yesterday but i got a missed call on friday (same day i applied) but it was a private number and they left no message. Do primark phone before closing date or just after? thankyou :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If they want to speak to you I imagine they would try calling again.
I know that they keep your application for a while though, one of my friends had an interview and then got offered the job 2 months later.
Pretty much immediately. However-Ii worked in 'Primark' for over a year; WORST decision I ever made. You'd definitely be better off somewhere else- the staff regulations are ridiculous and everything in the staff handbook is too vague to question anything and receive any HR advice that would benefit you. I worked on the floor, in HR and in cash office. The lack of ethical practice is stunning. Of all the floor managers, 90% spoke an unacceptable level of English to pass as any acceptable Customer service and it's near impossible to get promoted unless you're of the correct (for this case remaining unspecified) race or related to/sleeping with another person in a higher position. Do yourself a huge favour- if you get an interview- don't accept it :smile: I was model staff with high credentials and experience of working hard and being promoted as much as possible within the system- I was well connected with many of the senior leadership and saw the treatment of the staff. The pay's terrible as well.
Reply 3
Original post by eprysehawkins
Pretty much immediately. However-Ii worked in 'Primark' for over a year; WORST decision I ever made. You'd definitely be better off somewhere else- the staff regulations are ridiculous and everything in the staff handbook is too vague to question anything and receive any HR advice that would benefit you. I worked on the floor, in HR and in cash office. The lack of ethical practice is stunning. Of all the floor managers, 90% spoke an unacceptable level of English to pass as any acceptable Customer service and it's near impossible to get promoted unless you're of the correct (for this case remaining unspecified) race or related to/sleeping with another person in a higher position. Do yourself a huge favour- if you get an interview- don't accept it :smile: I was model staff with high credentials and experience of working hard and being promoted as much as possible within the system- I was well connected with many of the senior leadership and saw the treatment of the staff. The pay's terrible as well.

I basically need the money and experience its a weekend job and im at uni so working there it would be temporary till i find something better, its the only place atm thats recruiting and i feel i cant be fussy even if the pay is crap. But thankyou for replying and i know there are alot of asians working in those places and i am one myself except i do have acceptable level of english lol.
Reply 4
Original post by heyjuuude
If they want to speak to you I imagine they would try calling again.
I know that they keep your application for a while though, one of my friends had an interview and then got offered the job 2 months later.

They didnt leave a message at all, it said i got a voicemail and all they did was hangup so dont know if it was them or not, im getting pretty desperate for anything really but it would be temporary me working there.
Original post by chikane
I basically need the money and experience its a weekend job and im at uni so working there it would be temporary till i find something better, its the only place atm thats recruiting and i feel i cant be fussy even if the pay is crap. But thankyou for replying and i know there are alot of asians working in those places and i am one myself except i do have acceptable level of english lol.

Aha fair enough. My Dire need for money was my reason as well. Hehe- i never in any way meant to suggest your English was anything less than perfect :tongue:. Good luck with your application! Aim to work on tills and not on the floor :smile:
xxxx
Reply 6
Original post by eprysehawkins
Aha fair enough. My Dire need for money was my reason as well. Hehe- i never in any way meant to suggest your English was anything less than perfect :tongue:. Good luck with your application! Aim to work on tills and not on the floor :smile:
xxxx

Lol i was just playing :tongue: but there are alot of asians in primark near me, i phoned them and the hr said she will go through application on wednesday (i phoned monday) so hopefully i hear something but part of me dosent want to lol, tbh im just applying anywhere and if i get it ill just stick with it till i find something better. Where do you work now? Ok thankyou for your advice xxxxx
Original post by chikane
Lol i was just playing :tongue: but there are alot of asians in primark near me, i phoned them and the hr said she will go through application on wednesday (i phoned monday) so hopefully i hear something but part of me dosent want to lol, tbh im just applying anywhere and if i get it ill just stick with it till i find something better. Where do you work now? Ok thankyou for your advice xxxxx

Aha okeys. The money at the end of the month tends to ease the pain of the work :smile: even if its never QUITE enough. Hehe I work in a local catering shop now. Better hours- no dust. To be honest I'd have probably never left Primark if it werent for the fact that i couldnt stick working on sundays :smile:. Its much better now though.
Oh well, Despite the nature of the job; still hope you get that call back :smile:
xxx
They email me and left text msg.
Reply 9
Original post by bengalisoldier
They email me and left text msg.

how many days after you applied did they get back to you?
Original post by chikane
how many days after you applied did they get back to you?

Not sure about after 10 days I heard from them.
Reply 11
me and my sister applied online for primark.. they emailed both of us about a week later asking us to come in for an interview.. our interviews were on the same day, mine was before my sister's.. i think i did okay, they said they'd get back to us in 3-5 days.. they didn't email or ring us :/
we haven't heard from them at all
When I had an interview last August I didn't hear back from them at all.
Reply 13
Original post by chocolate buttons
When I had an interview last August I didn't hear back from them at all.

me neither.. very unprofessional.. its been 2 months since my interview and i haven't heard from there either
Reply 14
Original post by K123456
me neither.. very unprofessional.. its been 2 months since my interview and i haven't heard from there either

Got an interview 1 month after i applied. Felt it went okay although she asked me questions like,

why do you want to work here?
Have you any work experience?
How can you contribute to a team?
What are primarks competitors?
Have you any communication skills?
How do you make sure work is to a high quality?
Name a time when you had to work in a team under pressure?
When you gave good service? and how do you deal with rude customer?

Lasted 30 minutes.

Told me she would make a decision this week and she would call me if i got the job with hours induction dates. im not holding my breath though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by chikane
I applied on the 25th November got an email on 26th December to come in for interview last Friday. Felt it went okay although she asked me questions like,

why do you want to work here?
Have you any work experience?
How can you contribute to a team?
What are primarks competitors?
Have you any communication skills?
How do you make sure work is to a high quality?
Name a time when you had to work in a team under pressure?
When you gave good service? and how do you deal with rude customer?

Lasted 30 minutes.

Told me she would make a decision this week and she would call me if i got the job with hours induction dates ect but some interviewees couldnt make the time for interviewers so she would have to do their interview, im not holding my breath though, felt she didnt have a clue to when she would be doing inductions

she asked me the same questions.. anyway hope they actually get back to you
good luck :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by K123456
she asked me the same questions.. anyway hope they actually get back to you
good luck :biggrin:

Thanks i doubt id get it anyway, but didn't you call her back and ask for any feedback.
Reply 17
Original post by chikane
Thanks i doubt id get it anyway, but didn't you call her back and ask for any feedback.

yepp i did about 3 weeks after my interview.. she said she'd ring me back to let me know whats going on and why no one emailed or rang me.. but no one rang me
now am back to square one, still job hunting lol
Reply 18
Original post by K123456
yepp i did about 3 weeks after my interview.. she said she'd ring me back to let me know whats going on and why no one emailed or rang me.. but no one rang me
now am back to square one, still job hunting lol

Was it a weekend position and did you say you were available to work whenever they wanted you to? just ring again and ask for feedback which could help you improve next time, it is rude them not getting back to you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Got a call from hr a few minutes ago offering me a position, induction Saturday 10am till 6pm.
Saturday shift 3pm - 7pm
Sunday shift 1pm - 5pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending