The Student Room Group

I don't know what do to-please help

Some serious replies would really help me especially if someone can talk from experience.

I got turned down by someone a while back who said they wanted to be friends. I would like this because I really like them for their personality as well, but in truth I still love her and I don't think this is going to change. It hurts soo much seeing her flirt with other guys and I know it sounds ridiculous but when you really do love someone that is going to hurt.

So in terms of choices;
I will always love her, but stay as friends. If this was to happen I would need a way to get over seeing her flirt with other guys. I know she shouldn't stop at all-its me with the problem and I completely understand that. I don't hold it against her at all for doing it-it upsets me because she values those guys over me whereas I value her so much. I'm not bitter at all-but try to see where I am coming from.

Or I can just forget about her. This is hard because I will see her pretty much every day until the end of uni and there is no way of avoiding this. But forgetting about her would also mean losing my best friend-and in truth the only person I am genuinely close to. I have other friends-but no one else, including family, who I can talk to like her. So losing her as a friend would really be hard.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply 1
plenty more clunge in the sea - especially at uni
Hey :smile:
This is my advice, it is very difficult to stay friends with someone who you still love, believe me. Waaay to hard and it makes you feel a hell of a lot more depressed :frown:
If I were you, Id try and think back on the good memories you had and try your best to just remember they are memories and its in the past, as they say 'when one door closes another one opens' its true, it may take a while but time will make you feel tonnes better and soon you can move on, good luck and try and stay happy :smile:
Hope ive helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending