The Student Room Group

So, you want to go to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa

Scroll to see replies

I'm going in December! I've sorted my flights and visa, but just stressing a little on how strict they are with this $5000. I've got £3000 in a savings account (roughly $5000) already, HOWEVER my student current account is still in its overdraft from over-spending at uni! I've got another 2 years to pay it off, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm just wondering whether they're strict at checking since I'll still probably be in my overdraft in that current account when I go out there? On the plus side, I already have free accommodation and work sorted for when I first arrive (as I know people in Perth with a spare room and a cafe) so I won't be struggling for money on arrival :-)
Check out Pannaroo.com. I found this site excellent and answers questions you would never ever think to ask.
This has been such a helpful forum to read even if it's a few years old now! I'm heading out on my WHV around September this year. Hope to see this thread become a bit more active again before then :smile:
I am a Spanish citizen, and am flutent in English, self taught and through my British girlfriend. I have noticed that one of the criteria is that I need a degree or a certificate in English? Is there any way to get around this? Thank you for any help please. It has always been a dream to go to Australia.
Hi ! Anyone going this year?
Original post by chloetheunicorn
Hi ! Anyone going this year?

Hi! Flying from Manchester to Cairns on 20th September :smile:
Does anyone know what its like to find in job in Cains/Gold Coast? i.e are jobs harder to find? Would be willing to do anything but I feel as though waitressing/cafe would be ideal? If you wouldn't suggest the Gold Coast, where else would you suggest in Australia?
Also, i'm struggling to decide what to do first, either start looking for a job pretty much straight away or do the 3 months farm work first? I feel as though i'm leaning towards doing the farm work first as I fear I won't want to leave where I have 'settled' and it's good to save money whilst ding this? Anyone able to give their experiences etc?

Quick Reply

Latest