The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Its guard team member training and I live in Manchester
Reply 1121
Original post by ruairi123

They should do. You done your SIA yet? i got mine next week.
Original post by ruairi123

I got same email except im from glasgow, i called them up and they said guard training is done regionally and i dont need to go all the way to london, now have it rebooked for friday in glasgow, you should do the same for manchester
ok thankyou, no not heard nothing about sia yet, but in the email I recieved it said where it is being held in london
The last SIA training week starts on 25th june so if you still haven't been scheduled.....its a problem and you should call to ask ASAP.
Original post by UKnowWhoYouAre
The last SIA training week starts on 25th june so if you still haven't been scheduled.....its a problem and you should call to ask ASAP.

how do you know this?
Reply 1126
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
Has anyone still not got their dates for training yet? I received a confirmation from G4S that I passed their screening process on the 23rd May but I a still waiting for the LOGOC accredidation. Will there even be enough time to train me before the games start?

I'm in the same situation, waiting for LOGOC. Doubt there will be time :frown:
Has anyone still not got their dates for training yet? I received a confirmation from G4S that I passed their screening process on the 23rd May but I a still waiting for the LOGOC accredidation. Will there even be enough time to train me before the games start?

Well if this thread is anything to go by, probably not...

It all sounds like one massive cluster****... and I don't understand why they've bothered to put tens of thousands of people through their protocols who they aren't going to offer any work or even training to...
Original post by jubrilaya
how do you know this?

because a G4S licensing employee told me...that's how it is in London I dunno about everywhere else.
Original post by Barden
Well if this thread is anything to go by, probably not...

It all sounds like one massive cluster****... and I don't understand why they've bothered to put tens of thousands of people through their protocols who they aren't going to offer any work or even training to...

everyone will get a job....they will need all the employees they can get as it will be incredibly busy, as in almost 1 million people in one stadium busy.
Reply 1130

I'm in the same situation:frown:
Original post by UKnowWhoYouAre
everyone will get a job....they will need all the employees they can get as it will be incredibly busy, as in almost 1 million people in one stadium busy.

but what about people like me who were interviewed mid-may? I've only been in screening for 2 weeks! And your source claims the last training week is next week :s:
Original post by Barden
but what about people like me who were interviewed mid-may? I've only been in screening for 2 weeks! And your source claims the last training week is next week :s:

I dunno but I'm sure they'll sort it out by July even for those who were interviewed later on...they would not have done interviews till may if they weren't planning on recruiting more people because I don't think they're THAT stupid.
by the way you can still get training if you haven't passed screening so why don't you give them a call, you won't lose anything by asking.
Reply 1133
Okay even after a week no call on availability for training or to check they have my most up-to-date personal details. They still haven't invited for the further training to prepare for the games time role. I want to be prepared ASAP. Details of training still nothing..

Just emailed them now cos one of my friends is going for a vehicle search training. And i still have nothing from them. And they will need as much people as they can especially its going to be busy!
Reply 1134
Original post by GuitarWizard
What does it say. When did you do your SIA though I did mine 3 weeks ago and they only received it yesterday

Done mine 2 weeks ago and is not up there at all, hopefully they get it in the next week. Need it desperately before the start of the games :frown:
Reply 1135
Has anyone else been invited to "Guard Team Member ( Patrol, Perimeter & Asset Protection-BOH)" on the 23rd of June?

What do I have to take and what does this role consist of? Do we get the same pay or is it more for a team member?

I wish they would hurry up been waiting since march!

oh and if you have been asked to come in on a certain date ring them and ask them if its possible to change it mine was on the 12th of July but i got it changed to this Saturday :wink:
Reply 1136
Original post by aak_7
Has anyone else been invited to "Guard Team Member ( Patrol, Perimeter & Asset Protection-BOH)" on the 23rd of June?

What do I have to take and what does this role consist of? Do we get the same pay or is it more for a team member?

I wish they would hurry up been waiting since march!

oh and if you have been asked to come in on a certain date ring them and ask them if its possible to change it mine was on the 12th of July but i got it changed to this Saturday :wink:

Was that an email, yes?

Or a phone call?
Reply 1137
Does anyone know how long the screening, vetting and accreditation takes? They replied and said i was on this stage.
Reply 1138
Original post by yuna
Does anyone know how long the screening, vetting and accreditation takes? They replied and said i was on this stage.

Normally takes around 12 weeks, but I waited around 15 weeks... :|
Reply 1139
Lots of people asking for numbers, i have quite a few. These are numbers that called me which i saved, so some of them will go through to a particula person at g4s and not the general department number.

Screening - 01642 616394
Uniform booking - 0207 0685807
Accreditation booking -0207 5318473

These have worked for me when i called them and wanting to know something etc. You might just get an answer phone but leave a message and see what happens.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending