Reply 580
Thank you, can I PM you some questions?
Original post by RyRy.

Original post by RyRy.
Thank you, can I PM you some questions?

Is this to me? Feel free :smile:
Original post by such_a_lady
I've only got my first and last choices so I can't -.-

Oh right...that must be frustrating, but no doubt it will make the relief and satisfaction at finally being able to put Oxford down as your firm choice all the sweeter.

Argh I have a similar problem. Durham and Bristol :fuhrer:

Original post by medbh4805

St. Andrews and Bristol for me, and they're both notoriously slow. :mad: My other two offers both have STEP in, so I don't want to make them my insurance!
Warwick :angry:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
St. Andrews and Bristol for me, and they're both notoriously slow. :mad: My other two offers both have STEP in, so I don't want to make them my insurance!

Bristol here as well.... tempted to withdraw it cos I've decided Bristol are too retarded to be my insurance but I kinda fancy getting 5/5 :dontknow:
Reply 587
Original post by dnumberwang
Bristol here as well.... tempted to withdraw it cos I've decided Bristol are too retarded to be my insurance but I kinda fancy getting 5/5 :dontknow:

I withdrew one of my choices, I was desperate to firm Oxford and knew I didn't want to go to Sheffield, so withdrew. And as far as the 5/5 thing goes, let's be honest you have an offer from Oxford, Bristol are unlikely to reject you. :smile:

Know exactly how you feel.

Original post by medbh4805

Original post by anyone_can_fly

Original post by silverspoonmess
Know exactly how you feel.

Thought I'd join the club - I'm waiting on Bristol too! :laugh: Seriously though, I wish they'd just make a decision, then I could sort out my firm/ insurance and start with Student Finance :rolleyes:
Reply 590
Still waiting on Edinburgh :fuhrer: :fuhrer: SCOTS, Y U B SLUGGISH :fuhrer:

...Although I'm probably putting Oxford as firm and Imperial as insurance. Withdrawing Manchester (not coming to your silly interview :fuhrer:smile:, declining Sheffield. :lollypop:
If it's any consolation, saying it's your firm on a letter didn't give me quite as much excitement as the original e-mail/track update.

(Subtle reference to how I got my letter today :biggrin:)
*sigh* I wish track would update. An offer without that confirmation don't feel like no offer :frown:
Reply 593
Original post by starkrush
If it's any consolation, saying it's your firm on a letter didn't give me quite as much excitement as the original e-mail/track update.

(Subtle reference to how I got my letter today :biggrin:)

When did you firm?
Original post by kasten
People who have a theoretically "unconditional" offer (i.e. those of us who are released from the pressure of getting the grades but who have had this generously replaced by the new pressure of OMG I AM REALLY OLD, lest we feel left out): does your offer actually say "unconditional" on Track? Mine actually says "conditional", with "This offer is subject to you obtaining: offer conditional upon receipt by the College of either original examination certificates or legally certified copies of A-level results by 1 March 2012" as the conditions. Is this normal? Also, isn't the 1st of March a bit early, seeing as not all universities have always even replied by then?! :eek3: :s-smilie:

i was looking forward to the glorious word "unconditional" :colonhash:

Original post by dancinginrainbows
My letter said exactly what you've quoted there, but my offer on UCAS says unconditional. Thanks for reminding me I have to send them, by the way! I'm out of the country for two months on Sunday and that would've been pretty disasterous!

They surely must send the certificates back. Put a note with them saying you'll need them asap if necessary.

Original post by kasten
Oh, I see, I somehow assumed that the sending-of-the-certificates could only happen after you'd accepted the offer? :colondollar: (Not that it actually says that anywhere, but give me a conclusion and I'll happily jump to it :biggrin:)

Glad I could inadvertently save your entire university career (well, kind of :wink:) - always a nice way to start the day! :tongue:

Paha mine just says unconditional. Nothing about grades or certs :p:

You do know you don't have to send originals, right? The Post Office can provide a certification service for a small fee, as can lawyers, doctors, government officials etc. provided they are not related to you.
Original post by michael321
Paha mine just says unconditional. Nothing about grades or certs :p:

You do know you don't have to send originals, right? The Post Office can provide a certification service for a small fee, as can lawyers, doctors, government officials etc. provided they are not related to you.

Already sent them, ah well. I have photocopies that should be good enough for whatever I might need them for in the future if they do go missing. Don't see why they should, though. I wrote a polite covering letter :tongue:
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Already sent them, ah well. I have photocopies that should be good enough for whatever I might need them for in the future if they do go missing. Don't see why they should, though. I wrote a polite covering letter :tongue:

Photocopies probably won't be good enough for whatever you need them for. Employers and professional institutions will generally want to see originals or certified copies. However, the chance of the items getting lost in the post is very slim, and I'm sure Oxford will look after them. If they do vanish in mysterious circumstances, I understand that exam boards will reissue them for an extortionate fee of £50 or so. In this unlikely event, do get them replaced as soon as possible, as you never know when bad luck will strike and the exam board will lose all record of your A-levels.
Original post by jamestwob

Those sound like pretty sound choices, particularly English and Economics. Which science?

Whoops sorry for the typo. I'm thinking of biology? Ehh i might not even do geography. :/
Original post by Click_here
Whoops sorry for the typo. I'm thinking of biology? Ehh i might not even do geography. :/

Biology is hard at AS but for some reason gets easier at A2, or so I've heard from some reliable sources (eg. students and biology teachers!)
Reply 599
Biology is hard at AS but for some reason gets easier at A2, or so I've heard from some reliable sources (eg. students and biology teachers!)

I wouldn't bank on biology getting easier at A2 (at least if you're doing edexcel) I know a lot of people, myself included, that are finding it harder. Although it must be said that the actual topics aren't harder, just the questions are a lot more awkwardly posed and there's a very large synoptic element that relies on you remembering a lot from AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending