Original post by Patrycja92
or anyone doing law?

I'm doing Law :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 621
Law for me as well! Anyone staying in Wansbeck House, Eustace Percy Halls Castle Leazes?
Original post by Jakeeyy
I'm doing Law :smile:

cool, I can't wait till we start, I'm so excited. But I looked at the size of the books we're going to use and it's scary
Reply 623
cool, I can't wait till we start, I'm so excited. But I looked at the size of the books we're going to use and it's scary

How big are they?
Original post by Jakeeyy
How big are they?

so big, usually between 500 and 900 pages, and just for public law we need 3 books, two of which got bit over 900 pages and one nearly 600 pages
Reply 625
It's not the size of the Law books I'm bothered about at the moment... It's the price!
Yeah, they are expensive, I'm waiting for my student loan to buy them
Reply 627
Yeah, they are expensive, I'm waiting for my student loan to buy them

Saw the price of the books and got a bit sad. That's ~£120 worth of vodka stuck in non-consumable book format...
Original post by DGalv94
Saw the price of the books and got a bit sad. That's ~£120 worth of vodka stuck in non-consumable book format...

I already like you for that post, looks like there's gonna be someone to party with :biggrin:
Reply 629
so big, usually between 500 and 900 pages, and just for public law we need 3 books, two of which got bit over 900 pages and one nearly 600 pages

Scary, but then again i don't always read word for word, so it might not be a huge problem. Also, i am not a fan of reading haha. So two books have 900 pages each?
Original post by Jakeeyy
Scary, but then again i don't always read word for word, so it might not be a huge problem. Also, i am not a fan of reading haha. So two books have 900 pages each?

yeah, I don't mind reading, actually I love to read, but not textbooks, I'm really hoping there's gonna be loads of illustrations in there
Reply 631
yeah, I don't mind reading, actually I love to read, but not textbooks, I'm really hoping there's gonna be loads of illustrations in there

900 page books oh dear. Not read a book since Y11 :frown:
Original post by Jakeeyy
900 page books oh dear. Not read a book since Y11 :frown:

well good luck then, when I was at Brunel on open days they said they expect student to read approximately 60 pages a week for each lecture, I figure it's gonna be the same, or even worse, at Newcastle
Reply 633
well good luck then, when I was at Brunel on open days they said they expect student to read approximately 60 pages a week for each lecture, I figure it's gonna be the same, or even worse, at Newcastle

60 pages isn't so bad then :smile:
Original post by Jakeeyy
60 pages isn't so bad then :smile:

yeah, it's nearly 300 pages per week, I think its doable
Reply 635
yeah, it's nearly 300 pages per week, I think its doable

Hope it's not as boring as it seems hehe
Reply 636
I already like you for that post, looks like there's gonna be someone to party with :biggrin:

Haha :P We're gonna be in Newcastle, there will be EVERYONE to party with :')
Reply 637
Original post by DGalv94

I've bought all the books and they've come to over £200 :')

Only got two books so far but there are no illustrations whatsoever haha
are you guys coming to freshers?
Is anyone dissatisfied with their accommodation and wanting to swap for whatever reason?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending