are you guys coming to freshers?

Indeed
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 641
Original post by IshAli
I've bought all the books and they've come to over £200 :')

Only got two books so far but there are no illustrations whatsoever haha

Did you buy the recommended ones too? I am sure we got a flyer where you got four of the books for something like, £110/£120?
Original post by HendersonHall
Is anyone dissatisfied with their accommodation and wanting to swap for whatever reason?

Yes, a little bit. Was really hoping for self-catered ensuite, but was offered self-catered with shared bathroom in a flat of 6 at Ricky road...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 643
This is a long shot, but would any females like to move into Richardson Road - 6 person flat, mixed gender, self-catered. I am willing to swap for anything (apart from Castle Leazes/Henderson Hall). Many thanks.
Reply 644
Original post by Patrycja92
are you guys coming to freshers?

Of course :smile:

Original post by Jakeeyy
Did you buy the recommended ones too? I am sure we got a flyer where you got four of the books for something like, £110/£120?

The five books on the flyer were £110 to reserve and there were either three or four others I purchased as well.
Reply 645
I got an offer today for Magnet Court (Unite)! But I am pretty much baffled :frown:
I received per mail a lot of attached documents and one in particular is a form to fill in with my credit card details..
I am italian so I still don't have a uk bank account, therefore I cannot pay with direct debit and these two seems to be the only methods I can use to pay the rent!
I really don't feel like writing down on a paper my credit card details and sending them per post from italy (I dont want them to get lost or whatever!)
Anyone could give me advice?
Is there any chance I can pay online or with a bank transfer like I did to pay my programme fees?

:smile:
Original post by Maffa
I got an offer today for Magnet Court (Unite)! But I am pretty much baffled :frown:
I received per mail a lot of attached documents and one in particular is a form to fill in with my credit card details..
I am italian so I still don't have a uk bank account, therefore I cannot pay with direct debit and these two seems to be the only methods I can use to pay the rent!
I really don't feel like writing down on a paper my credit card details and sending them per post from italy (I dont want them to get lost or whatever!)
Anyone could give me advice?
Is there any chance I can pay online or with a bank transfer like I did to pay my programme fees?

:smile:

you can call university accomodation and ask them what to do, they should be able to help
Central Link - Block A, Flat 18?

Im doing Politics, where do I find the rec reading list?
Reply 648
Is anyone in Henderson Hall, Redhall Drive, ?
Reply 649
Is there anyone in flat 37B for Marris House for Newcastle University?
Original post by Spatula
Is anyone in Henderson Hall, Redhall Drive, ?

I am :smile: There's a Henderson Hall thread on here as well, where you can meet others, I'll post the link later if you don't find it :smile:
Reply 651
I have a single room in a six person flat at Richardson Road, looking to swap to a different building in Ricky, Marris House or Windsor Terrace?!
Original post by Aanishchauhan
Central Link - Block A, Flat 18?

Im doing Politics, where do I find the rec reading list?

Im doing politics too and not sure what books n stuff to buy :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 653
Original post by orange.bananna
I am :smile: There's a Henderson Hall thread on here as well, where you can meet others, I'll post the link later if you don't find it :smile:

Hi , the offer I have is for :
ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS: HHHSW348, Henderson Hall, Redhall Drive.

Talked to a women from Henderson on the phone and she told me a bit about it .

The problems I have with it are :

Its a house - with a few levels on it 2 ppl on the ground floor then the rest on the other floors with a bathroom on each one .

Ill be on the bottom floor which is beside the kitchen etc so people will probably be doing the partying in there most of the time and I pictured someone in a cow costume throwing up on my door (not at Halloween ) and then testing out their new power drill .

Last two problems are basically for everyone there though unless its only for certain bits :

I asked if electric / gas etc was included just to confirm it and it was confirmed . But I was also told you have to bring your close over to a laundrette in Henderson to clean your stuff . But for the prices they should have one / or two if its * 10 people paying that money . Would that be for electricity / ? Are we allowed to plug a Christmas tree in all year if we want ?

lol
Original post by Spatula
Hi , the offer I have is for :
ACCOMMODATION ADDRESS: HHHSW348, Henderson Hall, Redhall Drive.

Talked to a women from Henderson on the phone and she told me a bit about it .

The problems I have with it are :

Its a house - with a few levels on it 2 ppl on the ground floor then the rest on the other floors with a bathroom on each one .

Ill be on the bottom floor which is beside the kitchen etc so people will probably be doing the partying in there most of the time and I pictured someone in a cow costume throwing up on my door (not at Halloween ) and then testing out their new power drill .

Last two problems are basically for everyone there though unless its only for certain bits :

I asked if electric / gas etc was included just to confirm it and it was confirmed . But I was also told you have to bring your close over to a laundrette in Henderson to clean your stuff . But for the prices they should have one / or two if its * 10 people paying that money . Would that be for electricity / ? Are we allowed to plug a Christmas tree in all year if we want ?

lol

I think that means you are in Smith Wing, I'm in the Old Hall. I'm not sure about your other questions, but gas and electric are included, but you have to pay and do your own washing in the laundry room I think. Not sure about the Christmas tree. I don't imagine people will be partying in a cow costume, while using a power drill (so you don't need to worry about that!).
Would anyone be willing to swap? I have a St Mary's self catered/potentially shared room (so guys only) and i'd like to move to Richardson Road/Windsor terrace/castle leazes or any other more central location. Pm or reply to this post if you're interested.

Ps I'm doing this on behalf of my brother just to clarify, if you're wondering about the signature...he does not like Marilyn monroe. Or maybe he does :L
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HollyLouise94
Im doing politics too and not sure what books n stuff to buy :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think we'll find out in freshers or something..? going edinburgh parliament on the friday?
If anyone is looking for a flat I got a spare room in Jesmond in a 3 bedroom apartment. the other 2 people are guys, studying law stage 2, the rent is about 75/Week. Let me know if u guys are interested. Its a bright newly refurnished apartment with a nice kitchen and living room.
Cheers
Reply 658
Hey
I would like to view the room if at all possible. Im a 22 year old Irish Postgraduate. Let me know if its still available.
Cheers
Original post by statenokapitalet
If anyone is looking for a flat I got a spare room in Jesmond in a 3 bedroom apartment. the other 2 people are guys, studying law stage 2, the rent is about 75/Week. Let me know if u guys are interested. Its a bright newly refurnished apartment with a nice kitchen and living room.
Cheers
Original post by Aanishchauhan
I think we'll find out in freshers or something..? going edinburgh parliament on the friday?

Yup, hoping so :smile: you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending