The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Paper girl, I was around 14 and got about £25 a week.
I got a paper round when I was 10! :biggrin: lol, it was about 7-10 pound a week and took about 2 hours <3 now i need to get a proper job...
Reply 202
First Job was Paper Boy, every morning from 5am til i'd delivered everything and that was £12 a week that was from 13-16

First official Job was Crew member at McDonald's initial pay was, £4.80 per hour I believe or about that was on that for a year from 16-17
Then once i turned 18 they upped it to £5.08 per hour. Such a wonderful job D=
I got my first proper job at 18 at a farm that had a maze during summer, got £5.50 an hour. Found it on gumtree and emailed my CV woop! This was after I'd been rejected after interview for Waitrose about 4 times and I'd been trying to get a job for nearly a year.
Gymnastics coach, around £6 an hour
Camerawoman for a friends company (had no idea about the controls at the time, was basic zooming and panning) around £25 per evening.
Reply 205
I was 19 years old and I got a job as a telemarketer for 3 months until I went back to Uni. It was the most awful job ever but at least it got me some experience to put on my CV.
Reply 206
Still searching.
Well, I was 17 years old and worked as a trainee florist in Caen for a week, then got hired again for three months during the summer holidays :love: I was paid €11 per hour, and I worked 9-7 every day, so I earned around €110 per day. I absolutely loved it there, even if my French and arranging skills were atrocious - made many wonderful friends there :biggrin:
I worked at a large retail store, earned £6.27 per hour aged 16, so pretty good :smile: And i applied online, then originally didn't get the job because I couldn't do the hours, then a few days later rang up and said I could have it! :smile:
Reply 209
I worked for my dads agricultural form at age 14 cleaning the machinery for £50 a week. Nowadays as well as working part tine for him i also work as a barman/greenkeeper at a local golf hotel.
Reply 210
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
The job was Saturday Assistant, I honestly can't remember what they asked me, as it was years ago :smile:

Hi, I've just got an interview for Optical assistant role...you said above how the boss was horrible, can I ask which branch that was for? Getting a bit nervous now!
Original post by Casius
Hi, I've just got an interview for Optical assistant role...you said above how the boss was horrible, can I ask which branch that was for? Getting a bit nervous now!

I'd rather not say which branch, to be honest, I'm hope your interview goes well :smile:
Reply 212
Original post by LovePeaceAwesome
What was the job? :smile:

You're joking, right? lol

Cool :smile: How did you get the job? Just applying?

Temp at M&S, the wage for a temp is now £6.52!!!
But I'm on £6.96 now :-)
Paper round delivering 103 copies of the local rag. £4.60 per WEEK. (It is a weekly paper after all :biggrin:) Not very well paid though...
Reply 214
Alloy wheel repair. Was paid £50 per set of wheels that were repaired. This could take between 2-6 hours depending on how knackered the wheels were. Often it'd be quite quick as hire companies would pay us to just repair tiny scratches which was always good!.
SU bar when 19.
Reply 216
my first job was a mammary gland drainer. i got paid in milk.
Working as a courtesy clerk in Trinidad when I was 13. Pay $6.00tt an hour, so about 0.57£ per hour.
In a book/stationery shop, from age 16 to 20 (middle of second year at uni; I was there nearly four years). It was a nice enough first job. Pay wasn't great, about £6 an hour by the time I left but it was better than nothing :smile:
Reply 219
17 I believe, at House of Fraser, in one of the concessions..was only 4.90 per hour? I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending