The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danielleat
I got unit 17 if you have unit 27 or 18 :smile: lol

my deadline is next week friday

I've got unit 27 I think. .. but you peeps shouldn't copy someone else work tbh.
Original post by Uz25
I've got unit 27 I think. .. but you peeps shouldn't copy someone else work tbh.

not copying just in need ofhelp
Has anyone ever heard of your grades changing from what you've got at the end of the year to you receiving your certificate? I heard someone in my college last year saying he got a distinction in a unit (which he genuinely did, he submitted all assignments and they were marked as distinction) but when he got his certificate he only got a merit for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That happened to me. In my first year I got a merit for unit 15. But the certificate said pass. I'm getting it sorted this year. I want my 10 points back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hussnainz
That happened to me. In my first year I got a merit for unit 15. But the certificate said pass. I'm getting it sorted this year. I want my 10 points back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does that happen?

I'm a bit worried this may happen to me because my college has been terrible this year - no organisation at all and assignments have been lost at times due to all the switching of teachers. My offer for uni is D*D*D w/ distinctions in all chemistry and maths unis (which I know I have achieved as I've got distinctions in every unit according to my student report) obviously I cannot afford to have my grades suddenly change with this offer, especially when I've done all the work for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They told us it was because of thr person who entered our results for the first year messed them up.
Do the BTEC board actually check every single one of your assignments to see if it's up to standard before they issue results? I've heard that moderation is usually halfway through the the year and not at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodwinning
Do the BTEC board actually check every single one of your assignments to see if it's up to standard before they issue results? I've heard that moderation is usually halfway through the the year and not at the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently,the final grades will get sent to the BTEC board thats the grade you get and a teacher or the person who is in charge of results will figure out what your final grade is and will print out a certificate for you.I'm not sure if this is true.
Well how it works in my college is, when we get our sign off sheet fully signed by all the teachers, we go to the head of science who has to input them into the system and she can also change last years grade if needs be. Then we get a print off showing what we get for out final grade. I'm getting mine done tomorrow hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is the actuall deadline date where the btec board needs all your qualifications in order to send it intime for ucas

Anyone know ?
I was told that our final deadline was the end of this week.:s-smilie:
I was told that our final deadline was the end of this week.:s-smilie:

Mines on the 3rd of July
Mines on the 3rd of July

Lucky you. I would have been fine with finishing this week if 1 teacher didn't decide to leave everything to the last minute:angry:

I have unit 27
Yay. I'm finally signed off with the MMP I needed.
Yay. I'm finally signed off with the MMP I needed.

How many P's, M's and D's did you get for your modules ?
I got 1 d 8 m and 10 passes if I remember correctly.
I got 1 d 8 m and 10 passes if I remember correctly.

What course did you apply for uni

I'll send it to you, we can send it as an attachment through here right? Private message me lol :smile:
Lucky you. I would have been fine with finishing this week if 1 teacher didn't decide to leave everything to the last minute:angry:

Haha i have had 3 different teachers for biology they just keep leaving half way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending