The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I ate so much yesterday....didn't even go to the gym either...so annoyed with myself :mad:

Usually have a sneak on the scales on a Friday but not bothering today...best I'm hoping for is a STS on Monday...I swear if I so much as LOOK at a piece of cake I put on 6 lbs
Lost 2lb this week :woo:

I've decided to switch to trying to maintain that, rather than losing any more weight. I could keep going for at another stone before I was happy with the scale number, but I don't think that would make me any happier with my body, so I think it's time to stop. Yes I still have some wobbly bits, but my boyfriend loves them, and I'm learning to love them too (and do most days :smile:)

So now the challange is to stay at 9st6. I've been losing and regaining the same 5lb for a year now, so I really want to learn how to stay at the same weight. Going to carry on using MFP for a bit to help me.
Reply 182
STS this week. Not surprised at all, if I'm honest. This past week hasn't been my most motivated week by a long while. Combined with the fact I'm retaining water ATM because I have PMS it really isnt a surprise.

I'm not sure what exercise I'm going to do today yet as I have woken up with a sore back. I'm going to still give 30DS a go, but if it gets too painful I will do just dance and walk the dog.
Reply 183
Boo, I haven't lost weight for ages! But I'm still going, plateaus are part of it right?
Also, new thread, yay!!!
Original post by abc:)
Boo, I haven't lost weight for ages! But I'm still going, plateaus are part of it right?
Also, new thread, yay!!!

Unfortunately we have to put up with it sometimes :-(. Annoying, I know!
Reply 185
Just had special k with semi skimmed milk for breakfast! :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by abc:)
Also, new thread, yay!!!

I haven't lost for a while either! Am happy though because my fitness is still definitely improving, as is my diet, so hoping that'll show in my body sooner or later (although I know which I'd prefer :tongue:).

Just had porridge with peanut butter, banana, and cinnamon - YUM. Here's some inspiration for all you porridge lovers out there, spent far too long perving over it last night :biggrin:

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
Been out to post my package. Go me. At least I can say I've not sat and done absolutely nothing all day now.
BMI 21.6 :biggrin:

Generally Special K with semi-skin milk for breakfast

Pasta / stew / hearty meal for lunch

Another big meal with meat, veg and things for dinner

Throw in around three 1-hour swim sessions a week, plus skiing for 3 hours on wednesday and weights in the evening (when I can be bothered!)

I always prefer to eat more savoury stuff instead of having a pudding - and I've not eaten chocolate regularly for around half a year, my sweet tooth is non-existent :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36309516']Lost 2lb this week :woo:

I've decided to switch to trying to maintain that, rather than losing any more weight. I could keep going for at another stone before I was happy with the scale number, but I don't think that would make me any happier with my body, so I think it's time to stop. Yes I still have some wobbly bits, but my boyfriend loves them, and I'm learning to love them too (and do most days :smile:)

So now the challange is to stay at 9st6. I've been losing and regaining the same 5lb for a year now, so I really want to learn how to stay at the same weight. Going to carry on using MFP for a bit to help me.

Well done on reaching your goal weight. I understand about the body thing. Very easy to lose further weight still be unhappy then lose more weight then still be unhappy e.t.c and it becomes a vicous cycle and one ends up looking too skinny and still be unhappy
Reply 190
Ive had special k with semi skimmed milk for breakfast!
homemade chicken salad sandwich for lunch with a weight watchers yogurt!
im going home for the weekend so Im going to eat whatever my mum has made for dinner! :smile:

Im watching Man v Food, not a good idea, its making me want pizza and burgers!
(edited 12 years ago)
I was so upset about eating all those chips last night that I did 45mins on my bike, then another 30mins later in the night. Which made me feel a bit better.

Today has been much better food wise:
Breakfast - banana and a cup of tea
Lunch - tuna sandwich and a cup of tea
Snack - 45g raisins
Dinner - ham 2 egg omlette with a carrot/pepper/cucumber salad and an apple
Will have some nice grapes later on

Exercise - 30mins exercise bike
Original post by pinksfun
Im watching Man v Food, not a good idea, its making me want pizza and burgers!

I love Man V Food - my mum says it makes her feel sick and not want a burger again, however I sit and drool at all the fatty, deep fried goodness....I seriously think I'd come back a size 24 if I ever went to the states! My self control is shocking.
Reply 193
I know quite a few people do the 30DS but does anyone do any other of Jillian's DVDs? I have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which I did 1 circuit from yesterday after 30DS, and today I've done about 4.5 (skipped most of the plank circuit, hurts my wrists too much) circuits and I'm deadddd. I think I'll alternate 30DS with this now. I also have Ripped in 30 & 6 Week 6 Pack for when I'm finished/bored with these, haha.
Original post by Kate.
I know quite a few people do the 30DS but does anyone do any other of Jillian's DVDs? I have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which I did 1 circuit from yesterday after 30DS, and today I've done about 4.5 (skipped most of the plank circuit, hurts my wrists too much) circuits and I'm deadddd. I think I'll alternate 30DS with this now. I also have Ripped in 30 & 6 Week 6 Pack for when I'm finished/bored with these, haha.

I did ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack which were both good. I preferred ripped in 30 due to my goals and found that I got some new types of exercises using the dumbells from her DVD that I do in the gym.
Reply 195
Original post by Kate.

Yep I also do 6 Week 6 Pack. However, I don't follow the regime of actually doing it for 5 days a week for 6 weeks. I'm just using it as a supplement to my other workouts (usually between gym days) as I don't really do any other core work/am always confused of what kind of exercises to do if left to my own devices, so find the DVD really useful!

-

In other news, I've not been able to do any resistance work since Monday as I think I strained my arm during Body Pump/Body Balance and haven't been able to move it all that much without it killing (couldn't touch my shoulder with the same arm!). Didn't want to do myself anymore damage so had to lay off the weights and just do cardio (borrring :tongue:). So frustrating, but think it's getting better now though, so should hopefully be back to normal workouts by next week :smile:
Original post by Chrisateen
If you want to maximise muscle gains then you have to gain weight at a slow rate. For your weight and height you need to be eating at least 2600 calories a day to gain 1lb a week. Don't try and force yourself to gain too much quickly as you will end up gaining a lot of fat.

Second of all you need to stop doing cardio and start lifting weight. Lifting heavy will help to build muscle however cardio is only good for fat loss and cardiovascular fitness and if you do cardio it would mean having to eat a lot more in order to still gain weight or if you don't eat to compensate the cardio you will end up not gaining any weight at all.

I will also recommend eating at least 1g of protien per lb of body weight (i.e at least 155lbs of protien per day) in order to give the muscle enough protien for it to grow.

Hope my advice helps but with this being a weight loss forum most of us on here are girls who have no experince in this area (I'm only able to give a bit of advice as I am hoping to lose body fat and then eventually gain some muscle and have been lifting heavy for a while). I would therefore recommend geting advice from the powerlifting forum who could give you more detailed advice but most of the stuff I have put here is what they would also say too.

Wow cool cheers! You summed up alot of research i've been trying to do in a neat couple of lines. Yeh I guess I need to stop cardio, kinda wimpy when it comes to the gym i'm just so weak its unbelieveable i've tried one haha kinda embarrased when i'm lifting really light and everyone just staring... and I havent even got any friends that go to the gym to tag along with... dead end!

I've been given that advice by other people too about eating 1g of protein per lb of body weight but it's really hard to eat 180g or whatever of protein and it's really hard to measure too with things like chicken how am I meant to know?

And I didn't know this was a girl only thing haha :s-smilie: but still you're advice was perfect!
I've had like a week-long binge, for various reasons, culminating in eating a whole tube of Pringles and 4 of those Taste The Difference bakery cookies for dinner last night. Felt so rough. Really really unmotivated at the moment...got my BMI down below 20 and now I just can't drag myself to the gym or force myself to eat healthily. I'm reading a book about eating disorders at the moment as well, which is almost making me feel weirdly guilty...not sure why.
Had a Chinese :s-smilie: My sister's come home from uni so the family wanted to have something nice for her. I've been extra good during the day though so should be alright :biggrin: It was really tasty too so I guess it was kinda worth the calories :biggrin:
Pretty sure I'm going to go over my calories today. Not a great way to start my attempts at maintaining :tongue:

But I've had a super long day, feeling grumpy and missing my boyfriend (whose just had a Domino's and is now down the pub), and totally need the wine. I did show some restraint and not order a takeaway (even though my boyfriend offered to order me one)

Latest