The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
My diet has been pretty bad this weekend, yesterday especially, due to eating out.

Yesterday I went to a vegan restaurant for lunch, and had the 'super healthy' option which was a kind of shepards pie - it involved sweet potato, brown rice and adzuki beans. Then for dinner we had indian food, which was some sort of lentil/vegetable daal with rice. And I had some vegan white chocolate, because I wanted to see what it was like :p:

I was so, so full. This morning I had muesli with soy milk, then for lunch some soup, and I've had soya nuts, grapes and almonds for snacks. I haven't been measuring anything so I have no idea how many calories I've had. I'm going to probably have some tofu for dinner.

I'm going to start counting again tomorrow :smile:
Original post by betty_w
The chilli citrus dressing is amaaazing! It's also really good to use a sauce for stir fries or with couscous or anything really:smile:

Ooo, thanks for the tips :smile:

----

Oh my, dinner was delicious - chicken breast with creamy peas/lettuce/shallots, and new potatoes with minted butter (well, Flora Light) :biggrin: Only 500 calories according to the recipe too :smile:
Reply 3102
I feel kinda bad. I was reallyyy craving getting a takeaway pizza for dinner, so instead I've made one from scratch...still feel like I shouldn't be eating it though!
Original post by Smoosh
I feel kinda bad. I was reallyyy craving getting a takeaway pizza for dinner, so instead I've made one from scratch...still feel like I shouldn't be eating it though!

Nothing wrong with that :smile: It's much better to deal with cravings in a healthy way than try and ignore them (from personal experience, that tends to come back and bite you on the butt)
I have had so much cake this week! My mum bought be some McVities fruitcake to 'cheer me up' and I ended up having the whole 8 portions! And it wasn't even that great! Was super stressed that I didn't actually notice till it was all gone! :frown: My first really good week of the diet was only going to last so long!

Still, yesterday was fairly good, only had 1000 calories and I wasn't hungry at all :frown: Which is probably bad in hindsight but I woke up late so breakfast was lunch and then I had dinner and wasn't hungry after that which was a bit of a miracle.

Okay today, I had 4 bevitta breakfast biscuits as snacks throughout the day, Scrambled eggs on wholegrain toast and a small bowl of couscous and a bit of lamb. Starving now though! Oh...and 3 ferrerro rochers...:/

But the good news is, SOMEHOW, I've managed to lose 7 pounds since I started 2 weeks ago when I started 'eating healthily' again, so I'm chuffed! A quarter of the way there! Going to be much better with my diet next week and do more exercise other than walking and hopefully I'll be able to say the same in 2 weeks time! :fingerscrossed: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Happy Feet quote

triumph starts with try and ends in oomph

Love it :biggrin:
Original post by dulciemae
I have had so much cake this week! My mum bought be some McVities fruitcake to 'cheer me up' and I ended up having the whole 8 portions! And it wasn't even that great! Was super stressed that I didn't actually notice till it was all gone! :frown: My first really good week of the diet was only going to last so long!

Still, yesterday was fairly good, only had 1000 calories and I wasn't hungry at all :frown: Which is probably bad in hindsight but I woke up late so breakfast was lunch and then I had dinner and wasn't hungry after that which was a bit of a miracle.

Okay today, I had 4 bevitta breakfast biscuits as snacks throughout the day, Scrambled eggs on wholegrain toast and a small bowl of couscous and a bit of lamb. Starving now though! Oh...and 3 ferrerro rochers...:/

But the good news is, SOMEHOW, I've managed to lose 7 pounds since I started 2 weeks ago when I started 'eating healthily' again, so I'm chuffed! A quarter of the way there! Going to be much better with my diet next week and do more exercise other than walking and hopefully I'll be able to say the same in 2 weeks time! :fingerscrossed: :biggrin:

That's great going =) You should get yourself a weight loss ticker, lets you see your progress as a visual, very motivating
Original post by The_Goose
That's great going =) You should get yourself a weight loss ticker, lets you see your progress as a visual, very motivating

Thankyou, let's see if I can keep it up! :biggrin: Yeah good idea, I have one on MyFitnessPal so I might attach it or something!

Edit: Just saw your tracker, congrats and SNAP! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Smoosh

Sounds like a good solution! If you completely ignore cravings you'll probably wind up giving into them a lot more than if you just substitute a healthier version, its a lot more sustainable long term :smile:
Thankyou, let's see if I can keep it up! :biggrin: Yeah good idea, I have one on MyFitnessPal so I might attach it or something!

yea just grab the code off there, that way when you check in you don't have to edit a separate ticker, that's what I did =)
Happy Feet quote

triumph starts with try and ends in oomph

Love it :biggrin:

Haha that actually made me smile!
:biggrin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Haha that actually made me smile!

Well you've definitely got the OOMPH!

Left a comment on your MFP blog btw, what job are you starting??
Well you've definitely got the OOMPH!

Left a comment on your MFP blog btw, what job are you starting??

I'm a freelance journalist/writer/editor. Have been for a few years, but took a bit of a sideline during uni, taking it up full time when exam is out of the way.
Do a bit of writing online and make money via Google AdSense, and also write a few general interest/charity pieces for local publications! It means a lot of desk hours, but it's interesting, and is helping me save up for a post grad course in 2013 (not yet decided exactly which course) so it's all good :biggrin:.
I'm a freelance journalist/writer/editor. Have been for a few years, but took a bit of a sideline during uni, taking it up full time when exam is out of the way.
Do a bit of writing online and make money via Google AdSense, and also write a few general interest/charity pieces for local publications! It means a lot of desk hours, but it's interesting, and is helping me save up for a post grad course in 2013 (not yet decided exactly which course) so it's all good :biggrin:.

Sounds great - and you'll be able to go shopping for those sexy office wear dresses that make you look like a powerful, sophisticated career woman

work-dress.jpg
Sounds great - and you'll be able to go shopping for those sexy office wear dresses that make you look like a powerful, sophisticated career woman

work-dress.jpg

Yes I can see myself now heading into the local paper office.. making jaws drop.. :biggrin: Love it!

Unfortunately I'll only have to go in a couple of times a week as most of my work is emailed in from home.. I don't have my own desk at the office yet but maybe if I send them enough they'll let me in :biggrin: Pester power!
Went for the week 5 day 3 jog today and decided to go outside....quite impressed, the actual jog itself was fine after the first few killer minutes (is this just me? the first 3/4 kill but if you push past, the rest is absolutely fine?) but it was freezing outside. Just had some white chocolate and raspberry porridge, incredible flavours. Back on SW tomorrow though!
=)

Original post by lolo66

Original post by Jennie1987

Thanks so much for the replies / advice. I used to feel like this all the time but now it's only really at the weekend when I don't go to the gym and / or I go out and therefore have to actually look at my own reflection and I care more about what I look like. I'm getting much better during the week and hopefully things will be much easier when I get back to England and can control whether there are biscuits in the house, and I will be reunited with my protein shakes :smile:

Hope everyone is doing alright.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes I can see myself now heading into the local paper office.. making jaws drop.. :biggrin: Love it!

Unfortunately I'll only have to go in a couple of times a week as most of my work is emailed in from home.. I don't have my own desk at the office yet but maybe if I send them enough they'll let me in :biggrin: Pester power!

Sounds like a plan! At least having time at home will mean that your routine won't have to change too much when you start to maintain. Starting a 40 hour week job really throws you off balance after uni
Much better day today :smile: Walked to the gym and back which is a hilly half hour power walk each way, made some soup, started applying for student finance and I'm now in front of the TV watching the aussie biggest loser (which is seriously awesome by the way) and feeling a bit more positive.

Still though, the amount I am exercising (I reckon I burn about 400ish calories a day on top of my BMR - which is 1400-500 kcals - and I eat about 1300 => only just 500kcal deficit) is not enough to lose 2lbs a week, it's enough to burn one pound maximum but given that I slip up EVERY weekend it's probably only half a pound.

Gonna kick my ass into action when I get home, definitely getting a personal trainer and I will be able to stop my family from buying lots of crap (whereas right now I'm staying with my brother and sister in law and can't really stop them from buying what they want as I'm indebted to them for letting my stay for free).
Reply 3119
How the hell do you guys eat healthily and the right amount of calories? I try not to snack unless I have a ridiculous time period between meals and can't cope(as in something unexpected comes up). Usually I find myself at 700-800 calories at the end of the day and with no idea what I can healthily eat :frown:

Latest