The Student Room Group

guy trouble help

ok this may sound weird but i really like this guy, its been about 5 months and i only get to see him once a week, i sometimes get the feeling he likes me, and i think he may think i like him but im not sure, but we were casaully speaking and he calls me another girls name, i asked him who she was and he kinda smile and didnt answer well it was more of a smirk, so im now thinking he has a gf and mistakenly called me her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just ask him if he has a girlfriend. Simple.
Reply 2
i did like right at the beggining and he was really vague with his answer he was like "kind of" but he's nvr metnioned her or anything
Reply 3
Maybe you should ask him again, a lot could have changed in 5 months.
Reply 4
what? that he cud be seeing someone?
Reply 5
It's not a shock that he could be seeing someone. So what if he has a girlfirend.
Reply 6
yeah well its strange that he's not once mentioned her, im just a little oconfused cuz he can be well flirty like he's really into me, am i lookin to much into it
Reply 7
Yeah i think you are looking too much into it. i mean he might not even know that he's flirting with you. Don't you know anyother guys who you like, why are you waiting on a guy who you think he has a girlfriend. You said it's been 5 months so why are you waiting for him? Just find another guy who will be there for you and who will tell you the truth.
Reply 8
Sounds like he's leading you on.

Ask him straight out if he has a girlfriend. If he gives an answer that's vague, he's leading you on. It's a yes or no question really.If he says something like 'I honestly don't know', offer to help him with it, then you can see better what's going on. And if he says 'no', then you know where you stand.

(Unless he's lying, but there isn't all that much you can do about that! :smile: )
Reply 9
what do u mean leading me on? i know five months is a long time but i see him once a week. im to scared to ask him cuz he might think im being nosey. is there a way i can ask him, but sly so he wont think im invading
Reply 10
If he's leading you on then he's not really worth your time. I mean you could just ask him just "So do you have a Girlfriend?" i don't think there's anymore of a sly way to ask really, If he still does not give you a stright answer then just leave it as that. I am sure there must be other guys out there in college for you. Like you said it's been 5 months, i think you may have wasted those 5 months being interested in some guy that does not tell you the truth. To be honest if he does not tell you the truth now what do you think he will be like as a boyfriend? He will tell lies and more lies. Trust me i have been in the same situation as you.
Reply 11
hahahahahahaha! Busted!
Reply 12
hmmm maybe he is leading me on and just playing games, he's just dropped so many signs that he likes me, i feel retarded, i just cant help liking him
Reply 13
imnottelling
hmmm maybe he is leading me on and just playing games, he's just dropped so many signs that he likes me, i feel retarded, i just cant help liking him

You're not retarded, everybody likes people who aren't right for them at some point. If he does have a girlfriend, he is behaving badly and knows it - he isn't worth your time.
Reply 14
im well upset he just seemed so perfect he makes me laugh and everything, and he's always telling me things which im sure he doesn't tell anyone else, i feel so comfortable telling him things. i reckoned we'd be so cool together x :frown:
Well before getting upset find out if he does or doesn't have a girlfriend! Best just to ask him..there isn't a subtle way to do it. Plus it will let him know you like him, which there's nothing wrong with. What's the worst that can happen? If he says yes then you know where you stand and can move on and find someone more suited to you (and single!).
Reply 16
ok ill try and ask him, how can i make him know i like him, im bad and things like that? one other thing he's 26 and im only 18 and ive had no expreince with anything. my freinds seem to think i should be careful but i dont no y
how can i make him know i like him, im bad and things like that?

??? let him know you're bad? I don't understand what is being asked exactly. Punctuation and fully writing words will help make you easier to understand. Txt talk is pretty incomprehensible most of the time.

As for how can you make him know you like him. Asking if he is single suggests you might be interested, plus you need to know whether he is single or not first. Don't worry about him knowing you like him or not before you know if he's single IMO. I have never dated a guy less than 6 years older than me, I simply haven't been attracted to any young guys. There is no way to control who you are attracted to & it isn't true that all guys older than you are out for only one thing.

However it is always sensible to be safe however young or old the guy is. Especially if this is your first experience with dating or sex (if that should come into the picture). Taking care of yourself and being cautious is never a bad thing so listen to your friends, they know the situation better than I do. However you are the one who ultimately decides what you do or don't want to do. Advice is great, but don't let your friends interfere.
Reply 18
i see him this thurdays, ill try be more flirty with him and see how he reacts. im just so scared if i suggest anything he'll throw it in my face and be like what r u doing, the thought of rejection scares me and could also be embaressing. i was thinkin maybe he's knows already that i like him and is trying to use it against me or is messing with my head. wat u think?
imnottelling
i was thinkin maybe he's knows already that i like him and is trying to use it against me or is messing with my head. wat u think?
If you honestly think this about him then do you really want to be in a relationship with him?

I still say you need to discover if he has a girlfriend first of all. Bringing it up as casually as you can in conversation and getting a definite answer is the first step you must take. If he is noncommittal in his reply then just say "So is that yes or no?" make him answer this question for you. If he won't then he's probably messing with you.

You've already said he has been very flirty and dropped hints he likes you so if he throws it in your face when you ask he's a bit of a pr*ck really..and you wouldn't want to date a pr*ck! I'm afraid trying to head into more relationshippy territory is always kind of scary. At the end of the day he shouldn't react negatively cos you're paying him a big compliment. Even when I've been asked out by guys I'm not interested in I have been flattered and thought it was sweet rather than being nasty to them.

Latest

Trending

Trending